What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Canberra @ Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Leumeah / Dharawal

Who will win? Round 14: Wests Tigers v Canberra

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger Ted

Bench
Haven't heard much about this de Silva kid. How does he go? Assuming he's a hooker?
Been hearing for a few yrs he’s the most elite junior in our system.Dominated in the sg ball comp that wests won in ‘22.Hoping he & the Balmain sg ball half Conti who is one heck of a player both go on to b stars in the future in our NRL team.How good would it be for us to produce a 7 & a 9 who go on & dominate in NRL for us for a decade.

Wizardman

First Grade
Been hearing for a few yrs he’s the most elite junior in our system.Dominated in the sg ball comp that wests won in ‘22.Hoping he & the Balmain sg ball half Conti who is one heck of a player both go on to b stars in the future in our NRL team.How good would it be for us to produce a 7 & a 9 who go on & dominate in NRL for us for a decade.
That may be the future, but this is now.

I'm looking forward to seeing Brooks continued evolution as a footballer tonight.

I just said that without a drop of alcohol!

Nutz

Bench
Why is start time so late? Surely could’ve been earlier without the 6pm game this week?
Everything revolves around viewing numbers (so I'm led to believe)
Channel 9 is commercial enterprise and doesn't rely on subscription.
Channel 9 is a bad product but they have to get back something from their investment.
If there were no TV then the NRL would set times that would get the majority thru the gates....in that case they would likely to have more games at 3 or 4pm.
I miss the days when there were 3 grades playing on Sat or Sun starting with Jersey Flegg lunchtime.
I do pity old folks like me who have a permanent couch groove and fall alseep early at night 🤣

Nutz

Bench
Have we got a line-up update? Is Api playing.
I was thinking that Api's strength is exploiting lazy tired defenders....since he played in the SOO I'm wondering if he should come on in the second half??

Nutz

Bench
The only thing that I can think of ref Blore of is Sheens is making cap space as big red isn't on as much as Blore. I tried to confirm this with zerotackle but their contract figures are often wrong.
I'd prefer a fit inform Blore over Red anyday.

Das Hassler

Bench
Have we got a line-up update? Is Api playing.
I was thinking that Api's strength is exploiting lazy tired defenders....since he played in the SOO I'm wondering if he should come on in the second half??

I hope to see him starting ..so as to set the rhythm and the last 15 or 20 to hopefully steady the ship to close it out. Probably won't be the case
We have to play each game like a final now

Nutz

Bench
Tigers have won seven of their eleven matches against the Raiders at Campbelltown Sports Stadium, dating back to 2001.
We however have lost the last 5 games against the Raiders, doh!
I'll be very satisfied if we can beat them tonight. It will be a realistic appraisal of where they're at. Go tigers.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Bula is having his first poor game but that is to be expected from a rookie.

Been impressed with Wakeman’s defence.

They have only scored 2 at set tries from kicks, if we can hold the ball and take our chances we are still in this

Pezz70

Juniors
Ref killing us. Forward pass the play before Fogarty 2nd try, plenty of other decisions offsides etc we should’ve got. Woolford should’ve got ten for the tackle on Bateman

Pezz70

Juniors
One thing really noticeable about our attack in the 20 is that there’s no runner in the shape going straight, this allows the defensive line to continue to slide and close us down constantly, there has to be an option straightening up the play

WA Tiger

Bench
Very disappointing.. but
fkn Pole, shit!I
I think we saw the “evolution” of Brooks tonight.. same old !
Talau had a boss attitude for the first time.
Wakehams values rising
What a step up in defence.That’s Furner

Last edited: