What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Canberra @ Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Leumeah / Dharawal

Who will win? Round 14: Wests Tigers v Canberra

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

simmo1

First Grade
Canberra just iced their chances better. A bit like the Parra game where Moses was the difference, this time it was Fogarty.

I really don't think we are too far away from better days. We are playing decent footy, just stuck in old losing habits.

JohnnyThailand

Juniors
I turned it off with 15 minutes to go figuring the final scoreline wouldn't reflect how the boys played. Because I though they played well again. The attack still needs improvement. But the main thing is consistent effort for now. That was there.

Bloody final scoreline threw me for 6 though.

Fordy20

Juniors
Poor Brooksy. Slots a field goal from the edge that no one was expecting to put the lads in front, then in dying seconds of the game, instead of listening to him and spreading the ball to where the 5 on 2 overlap is, the lads faff around and lose their heads.

Not only do they waste the overlap, they piss away all the time and space before lobbing the ball to Brooks to try another field goal. No wonder the bloke wants to leave. What's point of being the halfback in the team if your team mates refuse to listen to you?

The other bloke that is wasted in this side is To'a. In the Cowboys game, he got a lot of ball and made Val Holmes look a chump. This game, he gets bugger all ball, no early ball and as a result the lads didn't even score until someone was sent to the bin.

Das Hassler

Bench
They'll learn from that last minute...better to lose that way than from lack of effort or motivation ...they should be hurting to put it right next week. Api's effort was extraordinary!....he made three legs tackles in a row at one stage and was bouncing back up each time...i wish he'd been out there from the start and had a rest the last 15 of the first half...anyway (sigh)

Das Hassler

Bench
Stuart whinging about 8-0 ruck infringements, the sin binned should of been used a lot earlier on Canberra continually off side and forever holding down in tackles.

Yep...whinges about getting penalized 8 times for infringements they fairly could've been penalized for 2 out of every 3 tackles...then goes on about how proud he is that they endured against the one sided unfairness of being pinged for doing what was their game plan from the get go. Christ he's a tiresome deadshit

Fordy20

Juniors
Why didn't Brooks simply fall down and fake it when he fluffed the field goal attempt. There was minimal contact on him but every other team takes a dive against us....pay back the favour.
What's the point? It wouldn't have been penalized anyway. Brooks didn't get a penalty for a clear shove in the back which took him out for Fogarty's second try.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Fogarty's kicking game was the difference last night. Short kicks were superb & his bombs put our back 3 under pressure everytime time they were within 50m of our line. Their kick chase was great as well.
Our kicking game was poor. Easily caught end over end bombs. No floaters, spirals etc. Our kick pressure was almost non existent as well.

Now for the positives. We didn't give up & our defence kept us in the game. Tigers of old would have panicked from the 50min mark, done some stupid shit & let Canberra rack up a late score. Bula was put under pressure last night & made a couple of errors & was roughed up (fairly, I'd want tigers to do the same if the shoe was on the other foot), but he didn't put his head down. He kept to the game plan & had a much better 2nd half. Same with Tupou.
Our halves need to improve their kicking game, whether they can I'm not sure.
One thing I do know is I'm definitely enjoying watching games again & feel positive about our future. Something I've not felt for a good many years now.

Black Panther

Juniors
What's the point? It wouldn't have been penalized anyway. Brooks didn't get a penalty for a clear shove in the back which took him out for Fogarty's second try.
It had no bearing on the try. He was never in a position to make the tackle, that’s why no penalty.

Pezz70

Juniors
I thought the penalty that won them the game was bullshit, he never made contact with the player in the charge down landed in front and slid into him

Vic Mackey

Referee
Frustrating game. From the first couple of mins when we had 2 sets on their line it was obvious the Raiders were going to play a spoiling game. Offside and laying all over the ruck. In the dewey conditions a slow stop start game suited them to a tee. Sutton the complete c*%t didnt have the balls to do anything about it until the 67th minute. The set restarts should have been 20-0. Also did you read from our 8 restarts 7 of them were on tackle 1 or 0 lol how the hell does that help?!?

I didnt think we were poor the first 67 mins at all. It was a very slow stop start game, the Raiders scored 3 tries off kicks that all had some luck. We made 7 line breaks to 0, we just lacked a little bit of polish.

I know it sounds strange to say considering we're 3-9, but I think the team is miles ahead of where we've been the last couple of years. We obviously aren't making finals this year so to me the rest of the season is like the 2024 pre season. If we can keep the nuclues of the side for next year we'll shit the 8 in and if we can find an organising 7 Top 4 is realistic.

WA Tiger

Bench
We can still get in the 8 with 1,2 or even 3 more losses. If a bossy half that can take control, pops out of sheens arse all the better. What half wouldn’t want to play in the team
I thought when Brooks ended up with the ball, he looked like he wasn’t prepared for the drop kick.
Bula kept the eye of the tiger all game, but who was the voice to calm these new backs down and pref make the plays. Wasn't Wakehams try a gem. Fluky, still.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
It had no bearing on the try. He was never in a position to make the tackle, that’s why no penalty.

if the ball ended up in the ingoal then yea. However it hit the post and bounced back to exactly where brooks would have been standing. I guarantee Annesley says it should have been no try on Monday.

WA Tiger

Bench
I only saw Api on the refs arse for the last bad call of the game. (Although the wet did make that tackle dangerous) . The start of the game is when you need to blast the ref