Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Cowboys @ 1300SMILES Stadium

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by LeagueUnlimited News, Jun 9, 2019.

?

Who will win? Round 14: Cowboys v Wests Tigers

Poll closed Jun 14, 2019.
  1. North Queensland Cowboys 13+

41.7%
  2. North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

16.7%
  3. Draw after Golden Point

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Wests Tigers 1-12

16.7%
  5. Wests Tigers 13+

25.0%
  1. LeagueUnlimited News

LeagueUnlimited News Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

NRL 2019 - Round 14
    North Queensland Cowboys v Wests Tigers
    1300SMILES Stadium, Townsville (TICKETS)
    Friday 14 June 2019

Gates 5:15pm / NRL Touch 5:30pm / NRL 7:55pm

[​IMG]

1. Michael Morgan 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Enari Tuala 4. Tom Opacic 5. Javid Bowen 6. John Asiata 7. Jake Clifford 8. Josh McGuire 9. Jake Granville 10. Scott Bolton 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Coen Hess 13. Jason Taumalolo
    Interchange: 14. Kurt Baptiste 15. Shane Wright 16. Corey Jensen 17. Francis Molo 18. Peter Hola 19. Jordan Kahu 20. Dan Russell 21. Emry Pere

[​IMG]

1. Corey Thompson 2. Robert Jennings 3. Moses Mbye 4. Esan Marsters 5. David Nofoaluma 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Ben Matulino 9. Robbie Farah 10. Alex Twal 11. Ryan Matterson 12. Michael Chee-Kam 13. Matt Eisenhuth
    Interchange: 14. Jacob Liddle 15. Thomas Mikaele 16. Josh Aloiai 17. Chris Lawrence 18. Paul Momirovski 19. Chris McQueen 20. Elijah Taylor 21. Luke Garner

[​IMG]

Referees: Ben Cummins, David Munro
    Sideline Officials: Tim Roby, Belinda Sharpe
    Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Beau Scott

Feeder club info
    Cowboys: Mackay Cutters, Northern Pride & Townsville Blackhawks (QRL: Intrust Super Cup, Hastings Deering Colts U20s)
    Wests Tigers: Western Suburbs Magpies (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup), Wests Tigers (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
    Match information for all competitions via https://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​​​​

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
  2. The unknown

The unknown Juniors

I guess if there's one positive playing on a Friday that when we lose I can drown my sorrows then get on with my weekend

Rather than looking forward to us playing all weekend on a Sunday only to play like a bunch of spastics

Cows 13+

3. super_coach

super_coach Bench

Doubt I will even turn on the Tv after last Friday.

4. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

Feel that way too

Last week broke me, over putting so much into supporting this team. Nothings going to change

5. super_coach

super_coach Bench

Seen plenty of really poor efforts over the years, but I think what was so deflating about last Friday is there is nothing to suggest we are going to be able to turn this crappy football team around. I guess we can only pray that about ten players find a new home out of the blue...but pigs might fly.

Someone should take a contract out on Cleary for getting us into the deepest hole in the NRL

6. Perth Tiger

Perth Tiger Juniors

I only lasted to half time on Friday, or more exactly that try just before.

When teams start scoring arsey tries against us you know it is all over.

I say now that I will skip the cowboys game but come the weekend I know I will put myself through some more self flagellation :(

super_coach and macnaz like this.
  7. Tigerm

Tigerm Juniors

Correct, because we never know which team is going to turn up:D

8. Pezz70

Pezz70 Juniors

If the Cowboys beat us next weekend we will not win another game this year. I think we are a good bet for the spoon. Cannot see a side bar maybe the Titans who are as bad as us. The Titans have a better side on paper. 5 teams below us three have yet to pick up 2pts for their bye

9. super_coach

super_coach Bench

I have said in the past that maybe the spoon could be the best thing for this club, but sadly we are now in a hole that could take a few years to climb out of even with a great coach.

I think our short and long term future is in real trouble, the club desperately needs some success and to achieve that they need a massive roster over haul and to achieve that they need cap space. The old catch 22.

In the past I have always thought we will get better, now not so sure

10. The unknown

The unknown Juniors

Titans would destroy us in current form imo

11. The Silverdale Phantom

The Silverdale Phantom Juniors

Courage.

I was looking at Madge and ascertained that however cautious he appears to be, he’s not afraid to kick people off the bus.

Thus in his first two years at Souths he took out the back and shot no less than 10 of his squad.

In terms of his recruitment, he sourced players from England and qld cup.

But it would be fair to say that he also had a solid basis of a roster and his main contribution was to help them become better footballers.

Maybe a fair example of this is Sam Burgess who became one of the greatest forwards in the world under his stewardship. Adam Reynolds etc and he helped spot and lure a forgotten Damien Cook, who was flipping burgers over at the dogs and at times, couldnt get a game.

Now that young nutty he’s on 750k+ a season and is the best hooker in the world. Ask Robbie about cook.

Moreover, Madge wins well over 60% of his games coached in the broad, regardless of the challenge.

When the rabbits won the premiership, they backed that up with the club challenge and the Auckland nines. They became the best rugby league side ever on earth coached by one Micheal Maguire.

So I think we have to forget the quick fix and at least based on history, show faith and composure.

If it doesn’t work, fine, but until then....

Plus, he had a lot of clubs chasing him and he came here.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    philgood and Shredder like this.
  12. stryker

stryker Juniors

"became the best rugby league side ever on earth"
    Fck off you silly troll.

13. The unknown

The unknown Juniors

What ever happened to Oliver Clark?? thought he was pretty good in his debut game?

14. Tigerm

Tigerm Juniors

We will bounce back - us by 10 pts - MM MoM

15. The Charlatan

The Charlatan Coach

I think we'll be right, we'll shade it in a narrow one. 4-6 points.

16. west4ever

west4ever Juniors

We will get smashed cowboys by 20

17. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

we've tended to perform pretty well in overnight away games since last year. melbourne x2, auckland double header, brisbane x2, tamworthx2 and canberra. 6 from 8 there with both losses being last minute ones. sometimes when you go away as a group it can bring you closer, the games feel more like event type ones as opposed to a standard cold saturday night in sydney and can be easier to get up for. hoping for the same tomorrow night

WA Tiger likes this.
  18. Pezz70

Pezz70 Juniors

Mitch Moses plays for Parra!!!!:joy:

I think we are lucky to be playing an injury ravaged Cowboys, I still think they’ll play Clifford Taumalolo Morgan directly at Mbye and score 3 or 4 tries down that side, and that doesn’t mention Cooper who will run nice tight angles around Mbye on that left side. It’s a big mistake playing Moses in the centres.

19. Trollhammaren

Trollhammaren Juniors

This is the kinda game, when fans seriously have lost all but 0.001% hope, that the team finally plays well and jags a good win on the road. I'm not confident but will begrudgingly watch the game.

Vic Mackey likes this.
  20. The Charlatan

The Charlatan Coach

And then will get dicked by 50 next week.

Vic Mackey and Trollhammaren like this.