What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Parramatta @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 14: Parramatta v Wests Tigers

• Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryker

First Grade
I thought the boys played quite well today...and got flogged.
This club is in trouble.

stryker

First Grade
The hooker and the fullback both had shockers.
Our defence looked good at stages but the amount of ineffective tackles was unacceptable...a lot of hand grabbing that drew multiple defenders in and then allowed an offload.
The line speed in defence was very poor. Parra’s attackers ran onto the ball at speed and made easy ground all day.
Our attack was clunky, we just don’t look likely to score most of the game.
Discipline was better than last week but still quite bad.
Unforced errors were far too high.
Having said all that, there were positives. Some of the forwards were strong. The attitude was better than it has been for most of the year.

Skill let us down. This squad isn’t going to achieve great heights. We are 4-5 players short.

Tiger05

First Grade
Skill let us down. This squad isn’t going to achieve great heights. We are 4-5 players short.
Fair points but I don't think we that many players off. We have some good young forwards coming through. Brooks is performing.

We got back into the wrestle and showed all the composure of a squad of lemmings walking past a cliff.

Even with muppet ref, we were pretty f**ked.

Madge is back to his Frankenstein selection lab experiments. He should not have bolted the Walters lad’s head onto the body of the squad without the three extra screws included in the box.

8AB31D22-A78B-4DA5-9E9C-382B4CD975E4.jpeg
tigers...composure graph today.

Last edited:
I thought the boys played quite well today...and got flogged.
This club is in trouble.
You said qld were going to get smashed.

You predicted we were going to get flogged today.

But thought we could jag a win against the storm.

I was on the money today...until the thirty tries we let in in 5 minutes.

A few other notes
-Talau needs to learn to pass if he wants to be a centre. Had Nofa in acres of space outside him but wouldn’t give him the ball
-Roberts and Walters are so poor defensively that no matter how good they are in attack, they will always be liabilities

stryker

First Grade
That's exactly how I felt last week. The difference being we have those aforementioned players. Suck shit.
If anything happens to some of those guys, your mob will instantly become also-rans. They have resorted to chocky soldiers the past two weeks as your next level of players aren’t good enough.
When that happens, I will enjoy watching smug bumf**ks like you whinge and whine to the moon.

Vozzy

Juniors
I'm kinda confused I see the club is trying to head in the right direction. Even today the effort is there but the execution wasn't. I don't mind us bringing in a Mamaulo but I feel that we are ignoring the form of some of the players in KOE Cup. Like you can't tell me Cini wouldn't be better then Roberts and he is just one example. Madden, Cooper, Fitzgibbon have all shown descent form to be given a crack and Madge still says we have 1 more spot to fill. Part of me hopes he wants to give them all a good 12 months and has plans for these guys if not they will end up at a Roosters or Storm and look like guns. I just feel like we buy players who are no different then what we have.