What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Penrith @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 14: Newcastle v Penrith

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Penrith Panthers 1-12

• Penrith Panthers 13+

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Round 14
Newcastle Knights v Penrith Panthers
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Sunday 12 June 2022

NSW Cup 1:05pm -- NRL kickoff 4:05pm

NEW2022TEAM.png

To be announced

PEN2022TEAM.png

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Taylan May 3. Izack Tago 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo
Interchange: 14. Mitch Kenny 15. Scott Sorensen 16. Matt Eisenhuth 17. Jaeman Salmon 18. Robert Jennings 19. Chris Smith 20. Sean O'Sullivan 21. J'maine Hopgood 22. Spencer Leniu 23. Charlie Staines 24. Kurt Falls

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Jon Stone, Liam Kennedy
Video Referee: To be advised

- Lower Grades: NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg U21 -
Newcastle v Cronulla at St John Oval, Saturday - Flegg 12:30pm
Canberra v Penrith at Raiders Belconnen, Saturday - Flegg 1:20pm / Cup 3pm
Newcastle v Newtown at McDonald Jones, Sunday - Cup 1:05pm​

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
I’d be pretty positive Penrith rest some rep players.
Hopefully Ponga and Gagai can backup for us.

Old dog

Juniors
So if Ponga and Gagai cant back up then likely Hoy for Ponga but who for Gagai with Best already out. Tuala one centre the other ????
Sasagi, Mapapalangi, Lucas and might that mean a change on bench to cover inexperience.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Game is Sunday…..4 day turnaround is doable by some of the younger players like ponga and Cleary

but hopefully panthers see this as an easy win and rest everyone (even players that vs bulldogs, they could use a break)

mozza91

Coach
I think they’ll rest the majority of their Origin players after they got the win on the weekend. We still won’t beat them though.

Jono078

Referee
I’d expect a big game from Barney this weekend, too.

It was the game against the Panthers where our season derailed. This could be the turning point to get things back on track.

I’d be guessing, but I think Critta and Martin play, and one pair of either Yeo and Luai or Cleary and Bizza are rested (with the other pair to be rested versus the Tigers after Origin 3). Guessing Ivan’s team selections is often fraught with danger though, but he generally gets it right.

One thing I am pretty certain of is Barnett will get a warm reception.

Knight Tales

Juniors
If O’Brien ever wanted to make a case for why he should be kept on then it is this Sunday with a massive upset victory. This should draw a good crowd.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
If O’Brien ever wanted to make a case for why he should be kept on then it is this Sunday with a massive upset victory. This should draw a good crowd.
Conversely if the Panthers flog us what will it mean?

coming off the bye with plenty of time to prepare, we need nothing less than a red hot go this weekend.

Panthers have had no breaks with potentially half the team backing up from origin.

If we get belted this weekend then I think AOB jumps into the hottest seat, out of any coach.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Conversely if the Panthers flog us what will it mean?

coming off the bye with plenty of time to prepare, we need nothing less than a red hot go this weekend.

Panthers have had no breaks with potentially half the team backing up from origin.

If we get belted this weekend then I think AOB jumps into the hottest seat, out of any coach.
Which is why O’Brien should approach this as his Grand Final. If he can’t see the window of opportunity he has and approaches it accordingly, then he should just walk now. We rarely get Panthers at home.

Tom155

Coach

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Edrick Lee
3. Dane Gagai
4. Enari Tuala
5. Dominic Young
6. Anthony Milford
7. Jake Clifford
8. David Klemmer
9. Chris Randall
10. Jacob Saifiti