What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Penrith @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 14: Newcastle v Penrith

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Penrith Panthers 1-12

• Penrith Panthers 13+

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
Re: Our two recent signings "#1 they're 2 fit players and competitors and that's what we're looking for in our club".

This should tell you why we have Kurt Mann on a large contract.

(Not having a go at those signings, just thought it was funny that you could link those words back to Mann)

mozza91

Coach
Pretty grim stuff today. That sad thing is it probably doesn’t make our worst 3 home performances this season.

Both wingers tried their asses off and that cut out pass from Thompson for the try had me drawing wood. Other than that I’ve got nothing. The Heineken’s went down good.

Jono078

Referee
I'd welcome a game in the mining jerseys at this stage. Those colours might bring me more joy than recent outings.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just putting a big black marker line over the top of the pencil line crossing out all hope I had for the season.
It’s actually pathetic how little improvement we show after so many terrible performances this year.
Maybe I will jump on the Dolphins bandwagon next year. They will be the closest team to where I live and can’t be more embarrassing than this rabble.

Spot On

Coach
Matt Croker just had his first run after 28 minutes on the field and in the last tackle of the game.

We have such huge structure issues and I'm prepared to say players don't know their roles and this is what leads to lack of confidence.

AOB has to go. This can't keep going on!

Nothing in the NRL is surer.

There are absolutely no structures or direction in this side with the ball since R3.

Nathan Brown clone.

Our attack coach is absolutely clueless and out of his depth.

O’Brien had a decade under Bellamy.

Zilch learnt from it.

Did Cooper Cronk end up calling a spade a spade today or did he talk around the elephant in the room to protect his mate????

Burwood

Bench
I paid over $90 on tickets and a 4hr round trip to take my son to just his second footy match and that’s what they dish up. Spent the last 12 months trying to convince him to follow Newcastle and not Melbourne, but might just give up and save him a life of pain.

Jono078

Referee
Some stats I find a little interesting.

AOB only used 6 interchanges today, 1 obviously a forced one.

Our play-the-ball speed was 3.14s vs Panthers 4.03. This begs the question, how did the Panthers make almost 1900m to our 1300m when we should have had a more set defence than them, judging by play-the-ball speed?

We had 41 missed tackles to their 31, suggesting we should have had plenty of opportunities to score.

Panthers weren't even truly on today and did it easy.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
I paid over $90 on tickets and a 4hr round trip to take my son to just his second footy match and that’s what they dish up. Spent the last 12 months trying to convince him to follow Newcastle and not Melbourne, but might just give up and save him a life of pain.
and that's it really, I can handle a loss if I see them bleeding for the jersey and busting themselves to win. It's painful to see how pathetic & pea hearted they are.

perverse

Referee
Some stats I find a little interesting.

AOB only used 6 interchanges today, 1 obviously a forced one.

Our play-the-ball speed was 3.14s vs Panthers 4.03. This begs the question, how did the Panthers make almost 1900m to our 1300m when we should have had a more set defence than them, judging by play-the-ball speed?

We had 41 missed tackles to their 31, suggesting we should have had plenty of opportunities to score.

Panthers weren't even truly on today and did it easy.
Line speed.

mozza91

Coach
Why Melbourne? Make his bed time 3 hours earlier if he supports those pricks.

macavity

Referee

I didn’t get a choice and my kids won’t either.

it’s a hereditary thing, like asthma and high blood pressure.

Latest posts