What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Penrith @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 14: Newcastle v Penrith

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Penrith Panthers 1-12

• Penrith Panthers 13+

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
Matt Croker just had his first run after 28 minutes on the field and in the last tackle of the game.

We have such huge structure issues and I'm prepared to say players don't know their roles and this is what leads to lack of confidence.

AOB has to go. This can't keep going on!

Yosh

Coach
There is so much wrong with our game, I don't know where to start... Why isn't Clifford putting up those swirling bombs anymore? Has it been coached out of him? On a windy day like today, just kick the belly part of the ball and who cares where it lands.

Spot On

Coach
Watching Gagai tackle today has been amusing. Around the ankles of a near 120kg
Backrower.

He cracked double figures for missed tackles.

Now that is an awesome effort considering Penrith hammered the other side of the field for the last 20 minutes.

Brilliant stuff.

Jono078

Referee
Our bench players (excluding Mann) didn't even combine for 100m. My blame doesn't necessarily lay on the players either.

EDIT: It's a damn shame we give Fitzgibbon so much ball. No way he should have that many runs over other forwards.

1655021270549.png

perverse

Referee
Our bench players (excluding Mann) didn't even combine for 100m. My blame doesn't necessarily lay on the players either.

EDIT: It's a damn shame we give Fitzgibbon so much ball. No way he should have that many runs over other forwards.

View attachment 62660
17 runs for just over 100m. Like flinging a snotty tissue at the line.

The 7 runs for ~50m from our newest state of origin squad member also a real highlight of the match.

Jono078

Referee
17 runs for just over 100m. Like flinging a snotty tissue at the line.

The 7 runs for ~50m from our newest state of origin squad member also a real highlight of the match.
That stat line makes me feel like he would get the nib bonus if he got to 100m this week so he took any run he could just to get there.

Jono078

Referee
Kurt hasn't trained at FB so wasn't prepared for that.

Forced Chris Randall to play 80 which is tough against the Panthers.

Re: Losing those 5 games by big margins: He doesn't know why. Says we played quality teams. They want to put in performances everyone can be proud of but it'll take time to get there. Says our toxicity is ingrained in the club for 2-decades now so it'll take time to change.

I can't be bothered with the commentary. You know how it goes...

Jono078

Referee
He said we have the right people in the organisation to turn things around - specifically talking about staff.

Sounds like he's scared we bring anyone in that would apply pressure to his position.

Latest posts