What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Penrith @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 14: Newcastle v Penrith

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Penrith Panthers 1-12

• Penrith Panthers 13+

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ryan.a87

Juniors
Obviously Hoy to fullback if ponga doesn’t back up….but who there can play centre for Gagai?

maybe Mann to centre and our favourite Crossland to 14

Jono078

Referee
So glad Phoenix is out and the Mann is back. He needs to play #9 I think.

What an ugly extended bench though.

Old dog

Juniors
Saulo not named in reserves so likely 18th man other extended s named. Crossland 9 in reserves.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Some of the expectations in here too high imo.
I want to see effort, sure, but Penrith are flogging everyone. Are we better than the Storm without Papenhuyzen and Hughes? Probably not. They lost by 26. The idea that a flogging here should mean a sacking is crazy. They're flogging much better teams than ours. Penrith are operating on a completely different level than the Knights can at their best.

Jono078

Referee
Some of the expectations in here too high imo.
I want to see effort, sure, but Penrith are flogging everyone. Are we better than the Storm without Papenhuyzen and Hughes? Probably not. They lost by 26. The idea that a flogging here should mean a sacking is crazy. They're flogging much better teams than ours. Penrith are operating on a completely different level than the Knights can at their best.
A flogging with their rep players being rested would not be a good look at all. If they’re at full strength then sure, they’re flogging everyone.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
A flogging with their rep players being rested would not be a good look at all. If they’re at full strength then sure, they’re flogging everyone.
If it's them minus rep players vs us minus rep players they're still flogging us. If KP and Gagai play and they're missing Cleary + a few others then we're a chance but they'd still be warm favourites.

This game is all about attitude, if we can muster an 80 minute effort then we can keep it close, which we managed to do in round 3 with 12 players until the score blew out in the final 10 mins.

Jono078

Referee
Exactly. Basically regardless of who lines up, I want to see a positive attitude and a real dig and hopefully our structures and players knowing their roles have improved over this break.

Jono078

Referee
Crichton on report but I reckon he’ll be fine to play.

Could see To’o, Cleary, Martin and Yeo rested. I hope anyway.

Surely Ponga is good to backup. Gagai hopefully ok too.

Old dog

Juniors
Surely when it comes to backing up we with two players and they with nearly half a team we should at least be less effected by injuries

Knight Tales

Juniors
Yeo out. Post concussion. That was the single worst call I have seen on a player all year in terms of HIA. Joey called it immediately along with Cam Smith. He has history there too I believe, does Yeo.

Last edited: