What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs South Sydney @ Stadium Australia

Who will win? Round 14: South Sydney v Newcastle

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nowhere near good enough.
Long term issues with RH edge defence and poor kick return metres exposed.
Hoy should never play firsts again.
Positives are Young and Clifford.

Jono078

Referee
We need to get someone like Cooper Cronk as an assistant coach, he knows it all. Structures, situational football, everything we need to improve.

perverse

Referee
Didn't mind that at all. Piss Mann and Hoy off for actual footballers and we win.
Yeah, we can build on that very much with Pearce, Ponga, Hunt and Klem hopefully back next week. I just hope they can blow the cobwebs out quick, because 3 of those 4 haven't played much footy in a fairly long time now.

slotmachine

First Grade
Yeah, we can build on that very much with Pearce, Ponga, Hunt and Klem hopefully back next week. I just hope they can blow the cobwebs out quick, because 3 of those 4 haven't played much footy in a fairly long time now.

And we can't afford to drop games against the shit teams now. I'm quietly confident though

Our attack is slow motion, no option stuff. It's deeper than just a couple of players missing. We have no runners coming in at angles asking questions and teams are just eating up our ball carriers at their leisure.

perverse

Referee
We need to get someone like Cooper Cronk as an assistant coach, he knows it all. Structures, situational football, everything we need to improve.
I'm quietly confident we'll see improvements there just based on the troops returning. We might slide back into "give it to Ponga" early on, but hey... give it to Ponga is actually miles better than what we've had lately.

perverse

Referee
And we can't afford to drop games against the shit teams now. I'm quietly confident though
I've got some confidence that they're going to rip in and have a crack at making a run. I don't know what comes of it, it's probably going to be too little too late... but yeah it's nice to just look forward to watching us play again. I'll take that after the past 2 months.

perverse

Referee
Our attack is slow motion, no option stuff. It's deeper than just a couple of players missing. We have no runners coming in at angles asking questions and teams are just eating up our ball carriers at their leisure.
I agree with this, but you need someone organising it too - and giving blokes a rev up when they're not doing it.

I've got some confidence that they're going to rip in and have a crack at making a run. I don't know what comes of it, it's probably going to be too little too late... but yeah it's nice to just look forward to watching us play again. I'll take that after the past 2 months.
I honestly don't know where you're getting this confidence from mate. You're a more optimistic man than me

perverse

Referee
I honestly don't know where you're getting this confidence from mate. You're a more optimistic man than me
I'm not saying they'll get the biscuits at the end of the day, but I think there's a bit of belief growing there over the past few weeks - and if you inject a good chunk of our salary cap back onto the field, I think you'll see a different team running out there.

Replacing Hoy for Ponga on its own is a huge shift in the way the team plays. The rest of them will all have their impact too.

Jono078

Referee
So hopefully next week looks like this;

1 Ponga
2 Hunt
3 Young
4 Mann
5 Toa
6 Clifford
7 Pearce
8 Klemmer
9 Brailey