What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 15: Brisbane v Newcastle

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 15
Brisbane Broncos v Newcastle Knights
Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal, Milton (TICKETS)
Saturday 10 June 2023

Gates open at 4pm, NRL kickoff 5:30pm. Broadcast live on Fox League, Kayo Sports.

BRI2023TEAM.png

1. Reece Walsh 2. Corey Oates 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Selwyn Cobbo 6. Ezra Mam 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Thomas Flegler 9. Billy Walters 10. Payne Haas 11. Kurt Capewell 12. Jordan Riki 13. Patrick Carrigan 14. Cory Paix 15. Brendan Piakura 16. Kobe Hetherington 17. Martin Taupau 18. Jesse Arthars 19. Corey Jensen 20. Keenan Palasia 21. Deine Mariner 22. Tyson Smoothy

Out: Jesse Arthars (wing)
In: Selwyn Cobbo (wing)

NEW2022TEAM.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Dominic Young 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Greg Marzhew 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Jackson Hastings 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Phoenix Crossland 10. Leo Thompson 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Adam Elliott 14. Kurt Mann 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Jack Hetherington 17. Mathew Croker 18. Dylan Lucas 19. Enari Tuala

Out: Jack Johns (second row)
In: Tyson Frizell (second row), Kurt Mann (bench)

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Jarrod Cole, Wyatt Raymond
Video Referee: Grant Atkins

LOWER GRADES
Burleigh v Norths^ at UAA, Sat - Colts 1pm / QLD Cup 3pm
Mackay v Wynnum^ at BB Print, Sat - Colts 3:45pm / QLD Cup 6pm
Souths Logan^ v Ipswich at Davies, Sun - Colts 12:00pm / QLD Cup 2:10pm

Newcastle NSW Cup & Flegg BYE​

Last edited:

Woody90

Juniors
Can we just forfeit? We always play terribly up there even when the Broncos are were playing bad and they’re in good form now.

Broncos 48-12.

Haffa

Is it ok if I don’t want to attend this one out of fear caused past traumas? I can’t remember the last time I’ve enjoyed a Knights game at Suncorp. 2013, maybe?

Zoidberg

First Grade
AOB has said it and now I saw Dom Young say it, they want to win back to back games. Does this mean we are gonna show up with the right attitude and put in a good performance? Probably not.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I keep getting asked if I’m going to the game. As much as I’d like to (if we somehow got a win), I can’t stand going to a loss at Suncorp, especially if it’s not even close.
I wish I had faith in this team.

Even though I highly doubt we'll win, it'll still be interesting to see Gamble against his old team and KP against the bloke that took his Origin jersey

Knight Tales

Juniors
The ability of that side to hurt you from all over the park added to the fact Reynolds is playing for an Origin jersey means we need nothing short of a miracle plus change.

PhilGould

Bench
1. Kalyn Ponga (C)
2. Dom Young
3. Dane Gagai
4. Bradman Best
5. Greg Marzhew
6. Tyson Gamble
7. Jackson Hastings
8. Daniel Saifiti
9. Phoenix Crossland
10. Leo Thompson
11. Tyson Frizell (C)
12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
13. Adam Elliott

14. Kurt Mann
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Jack Hetherington
17. Mat Croker

18. Dylan Lucas
19. Enari Tuala
20. Jack Johns
21. Lachie Miller
22. Brodie Jones

Rod

Bench
Quite a bit of negativity around which is understandable but that's probably our best possible team on paper (Crossland aside).

Our edges will have to be close to perfect on defence but I give us a chance.

perverse

Referee
All right, Knights, I'm not gonna lie to you. There's a good chance you can beat the Broncos. But you gotta visualize how you're gonna win, okay? Gotcha.
A congenital heart defect has apparently felled three Broncos moments before they could step onto the field.
Is 3 enough?

Jono078

Referee
Y’all are forgetting this is Ponga’s revenge game to show he is top of the food chain of fullbacks and deserved his Queensland jersey. He’s in for the game of his life.

Broncos 44-8.

Apey

Staff member
Where's all the excitement for this game guys? Aren't you keen to watch your team play and cheer them on?

I've got Broncos 13+ in a multi so I'll be cheering them on alright.