What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 15: Brisbane v Newcastle

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
I don't rate Brailey too highly, but he does enough to play a good role in making the team a whole better. You realise how much he's missed when he's not there.
Brailey is never going to be a NSW hooker or anything, even healthy. But he's probably in that next tier down, a really dependable first grader that does his job without many mistakes. That's miles ahead of Crossland.

Jono078

Referee
Here's the live ladder... I find it interesting that we're basically 1 win away from being 3rd (assuming we go on to win tonight too)..

It's honestly been one of the wildest seasons ever and we're only just over half way through. Crazy.

1686385528522.png

perverse

Referee
Here's the live ladder... I find it interesting that we're basically 1 win away from being 3rd (assuming we go on to win tonight too)..

It's honestly been one of the wildest seasons ever and we're only just over half way through. Crazy.

View attachment 75377
Imagine if we didn't turn up and play like slugs half of the time. God we might even be able to drag Phoenix Crossland into the top 8.

Yosh

Coach
Good effort from the lads. Great scramble defense. Great game plan to kick it high and short to make Walsh work for it. Hopefully we can keep it up for 40 more minutes. I hope we use Mann more through the middle as a runner because his passing is the worst in the NRL.

Nuke

Staff member
I'm watching the game on my phone so can't comment in the moment, so here's my first half summary:

Scramble defence is fantastic. Broncs have obviously gone into the game thinking it's an easy 2 points so they're off their normal game and chancing their arm for a bit of flash. Our attacking sets have promise, but look a bit disjointed. Saifitis (x2) need to get a head of steam up before they get the ball. They look like they're jogging.
We're not even competing for any kicks put up (theirs or ours), and that Broncs try has me again sleeping on the lounge with my loud f-bombs in my religious wife's presence. It's comfy. I'm used to it..!

Halftime now, so hoping AOB's famously 'inspiring' halftime addresses don't have us losing by a big margin when Walters will no doubt have Brisbane more focussed and fired up in the 2nd 40.

Let's see. Up the Knights!!

perverse

Referee
Dom has been jumping too early for every single kick he's contested tonight. He usually reads them alright.

Jono078

Referee
Geez.

Our effort and attitude tonight is good but our execution and general structure is just poor.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Can’t gift teams like the Broncos anything because they will punish us on the scoreboard.

Yosh

Coach
Maybe no one can pass well from dummy half in our team... Gamble returning and seems the occasion is getting to him a little. Still, great game to be fair. Let's keep it close Knights!