What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Melbourne @ Sunshine Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 15: Melbourne v Wests Tigers

• Melbourne Storm 13+

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Melbourne Storm 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 15
Melbourne Storm v Wests Tigers
Sunshine Coast Stadium, Kawana Waters (TICKETS)
Saturday 19 June 2021

Intrust Super Cup 2pm -- NRL 7:35pm

MELBOURNE-2021.png

1. Nicholas Hynes 2. George Jennings 3. Reimis Smith 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 9. Brandon Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Tom Eisenhuth 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Harry Grant 15. Tui Kamikamica 16. Chris Lewis 17. Aaron Pene 18. Jordan Grant 19. Cooper Johns 20. Trent Loiero 21. Dean Ieremia

WESTSTIGERS-2021.png

1. Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Tommy Talau 4. James Roberts 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Moses Mbye 7. Luke Brooks 8. James Tamou 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Alex Twal 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Joe Ofahengaue
Interchange: 14. Stefano Utoikamanu 15. Shawn Blore 16. Tom Amone 17. Alex Seyfarth 18. Michael Chee-Kam 19. Kelma Tuilagi 20. Fetalaiga Pauga 21. Jake Simpkin

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Nick Morel
Video Referees: Matt Noyen

Storm feeder clubs - QLD Cup:
SC FALCONS v Townsville at Sunshine Coast, Sat 2pm
Wynnum v BRISBANE at BMD Kougari, Sun 2:10pm

Wests Tigers feeder club - NSW Cup:
WESTS MAGPIES v Newcastle at Lidcombe, Sat 3pm​

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Well, we did expect to not be competitive in these 4 games before the bye, this is the one where I thought we will get trounced.

If Ken M plays, he will have played the Storm twice in a week😂

stryker

First Grade
We are a Smokey this week lads.
Something about our play usually unsettles Melbourne’s flow

Tigerm

First Grade
Hopefully Parra’s game was just the usual odd crap game we put in, but we didn’t need this game atm.

The one positive, we are at full strength and will assume we play KenM, who hopefully ends the Talau experiment?

Fordy20

Juniors
We play a different top 4 side each week going into the bye. I didn't expect to win any of them, yet we are 1 from 2 already. The games after the bye look a lot more winnable, like Manly without Turbo.

We may not always win but the Storm is the team that the Tigers have played very well against in recent years (well except for last year when they lost 22-50). But prior to that the scores have been,
22-24 loss, 10-8 win, 11-10 win, 11-22 loss & 19-18 loss - only 2 wins but very close indeed.

Tiger Ted

Bench
We may not always win but the Storm is the team that the Tigers have played very well against in recent years (well except for last year when they lost 22-50). But prior to that the scores have been,
22-24 loss, 10-8 win, 11-10 win, 11-22 loss & 19-18 loss - only 2 wins but very close indeed.
Our best efforts over the last 15-20 yrs have been in games against quality melb teams(no such thing as a non-quality melb team)& in particular at the 8th wonder albeit our record their has been shithouse in recent yrs.

Tigerm

First Grade
1. Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Tommy Talau 4. James Roberts 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Moses Mbye 7. Luke Brooks 8. James Tamou 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Alex Twal 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Joe Ofahengaue
Interchange: 14. Stefano Utoikamanu 15. Shawn Blore 16. Tom Amone 17. Alex Seyfarth 18. Michael Chee-Kam 19. Kelma Tuilagi 20. Fetalaiga Pauga 21. Jake Simpkin

Doueihi out. Probably the best side we can muster. Though don't think it will be good enough.

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Brooks needs to target George Jennings all day, he is in my opinion the worst Jennings to have pulled on a jersey to date. I’d be kicking and steering the attack at him all day. The trouble is I think they’ve got us all over the park other that one position. Their centres and edge backrower a will absolutely pummel us.
I watched the game last week but I’ve forgotten what happened to Garner did he cop a knock and fail HIA. I can’t remember seeing him. He will get cooked this week and if LL had a game like last week they’ll put 50+ on us

innsaneink

Referee
We're gunna get reamed

How longs Mby
Vlandys ball is a different story... We'll be defending all night... Possession something like 65/35 their way
Hammering
Hope I'm wrong

They don’t quite become unsettled, it’s more like they stand there looking amazed that any of our players have actually made first grade.

You got Saints correct.
You got Panthers right.
You got the Origin result right.
And then you had the loss against the eels more than covered....
But this is outrageous, you’ve finally lost it and in a big big way.

I reckon If we can stay within 24 points of them, that is just about victory lap stuff.

Tigerm

First Grade
They don’t quite become unsettled, it’s more like they stand there looking amazed that any of our players have actually made first grade.

You got Saints correct.
You got Panthers right.
You got the Origin result right.
And then you had the loss against the eels more than covered....
But this is outrageous, you’ve finally lost it and in a big big way.

I reckon If we can stay within 24 points of them, that is just about victory lap stuff.
Faith TSP.

It can move mountains 😂 Though I don't have it either this week.

Faith TSP.

It can move mountains 😂 Though I don't have it either this week.
@stryker puss is making a massive call, sure his form has been f**king unbelievable , but this makes me a bit uncomfortable.

I might slip a lazy tenner on us out of respect for his Nobel prize winning work on de-smugification.

No Doogie either...hopefully we can sign Corey Norman before Thursday.

He’s not the devil incarnate!

Front-Rower

First Grade
Dumb question but why are state of origin players playing considering that game 2 is on the next weekend? Is it because game 2 is on the Sunday night?

stryker

First Grade
@stryker puss is making a massive call, sure his form has been f**king unbelievable , but this makes me a bit uncomfortable.

I might slip a lazy tenner on us out of respect for his Nobel prize winning work on de-smugification.

No Doogie either...hopefully we can sign Corey Norman before Thursday.

He’s not the devil incarnate!
Last year they flogged us but look at results from the previous decade, that score is the outlier;
- 2019 - played one game where we lead them in Melbourne up until the final 2 minutes. Lost by 2.
- 2018 - played them twice beat them twice
- 2017 - played them once and had them 14 blot down at one stage to be run down late as injuries buggered us.
- 2016 - played them twice, first game, lost in extra time to a field goal. Second game let them out to a huge lead before running them down. Had them f**ked but couldn’t score that last try.
- 2015 - played them once and beat them well
- 2014 - played them once and they won well
- 2013 - played them once and beat them well
- 2012 - played them twice. Beat them game 1, they won well in game 2
- 2011 - they won by a try

Now I’m fully aware that these past results mean fist all, however the past 10 years does show that we are usually competitive against this club no matter what turmoil we have been going through or shit sides we have put forward. We always lift against them, unlike other heavy weights such as Roosters, Manly, Parra etc…who regularly flog us.

I’m not claiming we will win, but we’ll be in the game and with the current crackdown rules, a game can turn quickly. It should also be noted that the origin players may not be going at 100% as they will have one eye on the game the following Sunday. Munster for example really needs to be careful, he is getting in trouble a lot lately. The Fox will want to be there to win the series in Brissie. They have been playing well with weakened sides for weeks and weeks now, meaning an off game is coming.
Maybe this is that week..ambush could be on.

Latest posts