What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Warriors @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 15: Newcastle v Warriors

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 1-12

• Warriors 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 15
Newcastle Knights v Warriors
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Saturday 19 June 2021

NRL kickoff 3:00pm

NEWCASTLE-2021.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Dominic Young 3. Kurt Mann 4. Enari Tuala 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Jake Clifford 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Jacob Saifiti 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Brodie Jones 13. Mitchell Barnett
Interchange: 14. Connor Watson 15. David Klemmer 16. Sauaso Sue 17. Jack Johns 18. Josh King 19. Mathew Croker 20. Brayden Musgrove 21. Tex Hoy

WARRIORS-2021.png

1. Reece Walsh 2. Marcelo Montoya 3. Rocco Berry 4. Euan Aitken 5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Sean O’Sullivan 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Jazz Tevaga 10. Ben Murdoch-Masila 11. Bayley Sironen 12. Tohu Harris 13. Josh Curran
Interchange: 14. Eliesa Katoa 15. Leeson Ah Mau 16. Bunty Afoa 17. Kane Evans 18. Edward Kosi 20. Jack Murchie 21. Adam Pompey 22. Taniela Otukolo

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Drew Oultram, Mark Bohan
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy

Knights NSW Cup:
Wests Magpies v NEWCASTLE at Lidcombe, Sat 3pm

Warriors feeder - QLD Cup:
Tweed v REDCLIFFE at Piggabeen, Sun 2pm​

Last edited:
Warriors are going to be down on spine players with Egan and CHT out with long term injuries

They get AFB back though

Warriors by 8

Surely we can win this if we get the simple stuff like reduce errors and man up in defence right.
If we don't win this one I'm all for using the rest of the season to blood young guys.

Yosh

Coach
Getting 3 of our highest paid players back at home against a mediocre team. Should be a win, so lock in a crushing and humiliating defeat.
A couple of weeks ago I would have agreed but watching the team defend with Seibold at the helm and with Clifford into the team, I don't think we will be as bad as we usually are when we play an important game. Could be optimism, could be the crazies but I think this is the game we kick start our premiership run!

But in all seriousness, I think we will win this comfortably and build a good run for 6th or 7th place.

No doubt they'll play Walsh, if we were smart we'd run at him all day. Can't wait to see us not do that
Can't wait for our edge defenders to back off him on our goal line and give him miles of space to either run past them or cut out to his unmarked winger

Joel-22

Juniors
so best case scenario:
1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Dom Young
3. Kurt Mann
4. Hymel Hunt
5. Bailey Hodgson
6. Jake Clifford
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Daniel Saifiti
9. Jayden Brailey
10. David Klemmer
11. Brodie Jones
12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
13. Mitchell Barnett

14. Connor Watson
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Sauaso Sue
17. Josh King

did anyone see bailey play over the weekend, i thought he was very impressive the week before

Yosh

Coach
so best case scenario:
1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Dom Young
3. Kurt Mann
4. Hymel Hunt
5. Bailey Hodgson
6. Jake Clifford
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Daniel Saifiti
9. Jayden Brailey
10. David Klemmer
11. Brodie Jones
12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
13. Mitchell Barnett

14. Connor Watson
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Sauaso Sue
17. Josh King

did anyone see bailey play over the weekend, i thought he was very impressive the week before
Yeah he went okay. Looks Dufty size so probably not a good option on the wing. Would think To'a would get the wing spot if fit.

so best case scenario:
1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Dom Young
3. Kurt Mann
4. Hymel Hunt
5. Bailey Hodgson
6. Jake Clifford
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Daniel Saifiti
9. Jayden Brailey
10. David Klemmer
11. Brodie Jones
12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
13. Mitchell Barnett

14. Connor Watson
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Sauaso Sue
17. Josh King

I'd only pick Hodgson if Ponga is out.
Sisagi went well in NSW Cup and must be a close pick considering he has been with the squad before.
Hunt on the wing and Sisagi to centre for me.

mozza91

Coach
No way would you play Hodgson on the wing. I don’t think he’s ready for FG and he’s sure as hell not ready to play FG out of position.

Knight Tales

Juniors
On Bailey Hodgson, When you are going like we are, he debuts as a last resort. I’d rather him get a debut when and if we win a few in a row. Takes the pressure off of him.

Last edited:

ryana87

Juniors
On Bailey Hodgson, When you are going like we are, he debuts as a last resort. I’d rather him get a debut when and if we win a few in a row. Takes the pressure off of him.
Either that... Or we loose a few more and the season is a write off...... Then we can use the remaining games to blood some young players

Jono078

Referee
Surely we can win this if we get the simple stuff like reduce errors and man up in defence right.
If we don't win this one I'm all for using the rest of the season to blood young guys.
Isn't that what won us the game against them earlier in the year, both teams had ridiculous completion rates and it was that Best magic at the end that sealed the result for us in the end.

This is the game we've been waiting for, bigger occasion than old-boys day, it's our 2021 season re-launch - our campaign starts this weekend. Our big names are back (should be), they've trained together plenty now so let's see them apply it in a game situation.

Lose this and we might only be 2 games out of the 8, but I think a loss has a bigger mental affect on the club if we can't get the job done here.

Isn't that what won us the game against them earlier in the year, both teams had ridiculous completion rates and it was that Best magic at the end that sealed the result for us in the end.

This is the game we've been waiting for, bigger occasion than old-boys day, it's our 2021 season re-launch - our campaign starts this weekend. Our big names are back (should be), they've trained together plenty now so let's see them apply it in a game situation.

Lose this and we might only be 2 games out of the 8, but I think a loss has a bigger mental affect on the club if we can't get the job done here.
We've definitely won with that approach.
We, rightly so, have suffered with outs but everyone out there needs to keep errors to a minimum to have a chance.

Burwood

Bench
Brown has NZ playing Bennett ball- high completion rate, low risk etc. If they do that, we are a good chance of winning. If they decide to throw it around and not play up the middle, we will be in trouble.

KP seems to save his best games for against RTS, so looking forward to the last match they’ll play against each other

perverse

Referee
God, look how much better that team looks. Hope Ponga makes the field, I think he's the only one with a question mark.

Not sure about Johns off the bench but experience will be good for him.
I reckon it's because AOB was impressed with him filling in for Best.
King has been OK off the bench.
Tuala is a weak link.

Last edited:

Latest posts