What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Warriors @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 15: Newcastle v Warriors

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 1-12

• Warriors 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knight Tales

Juniors
Not Having Eddie and Best fully
Fit has absolutely killed us. Two big
Powerful athletes changes everything. The thing is we still shift left like they are still there. Those two would create a
Lot of doubt in defender’s minds not to mention the yardage out of trouble they would give us.

Last edited:
Massive metres from both DSaf and Klem.
Brailey included in MOM voting.
Vote here :

Yosh

Coach
What about Watson's improvement in passing. He is very shifty now near the line. Jacob or Dan dropped a goldie yesterday as well. I want to see more of it. Barrnett is also a very effective as a ball playing middle forward.

Old dog

Juniors
Brailey, It was a great chase, especially for a hooker, never give in attitude and not only saved the try but made an attempt during tackle to put him over the sideline, was the highlight of the game.

Jono078

Referee
Barney should probably be in the mix there too.
Brailey, It was a great chase, especially for a hooker, never give in attitude and not only saved the try but made an attempt during tackle to put him over the sideline, was the highlight of the game.
And not to mention his chase on Aiken and the charge down which you could argue saved us the game. Lot of BIG effort plays by Brailey yesterday.

Yosh

Coach
Good to see AOB smile at the presser as well. A lot of work ahead but I truly believe we are going in the right direction with AOB at the helm and Seibold supporting him.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Good to see AOB smile at the presser as well. A lot of work ahead but I truly believe we are going in the right direction with AOB at the helm and Seibold supporting him.
I think it is finally time the media admit Siebs was not the issue at Brisbane. They all make excuses for their mate Walters but the facts are Siebold can coach. Walters still has the jury out.

Yosh

Coach
I think it is finally time the media admit Siebs was not the issue at Brisbane. They all make excuses for their mate Walters but the facts are Siebold can coach. Walters still has the jury out.

Saw some stuff this morning about the Broncos. Apparently the Broncos board members trying to shift the blame on the coaches and staff. Looks like it has been happening a while with the sacking of WB and Seibold and now Kevvie's future looking grim.

I'm super happy we got Seibold here. The defense has been on song since he got here. I reckon the only time we concede points now is down to individual errors and not a problem with our defensive system.

Can't wait till the attack starts to click.

TooheysNew

Coach
How many coaches will the Broncos burn through before they realise the coaching isn't where the bulk of the problem lies?

aqua_duck

Coach
Just on the game, watched another replay this morning without the hindrance of being inebriated and my word Clifford has certainly added something with his kicking game, like we're actually getting repeat sets and his bombs the other day, I haven't seen a knights half do that to an opposing halfback since Joey on Clinton Schifcofske

Jono078

Referee
I was liking what Phoenix was offering in his last few games, but it's clear as day why we chased Clifford now.

Best part is this looks like a kid whose confidence this year has grown a lot, which is great because he hasnt been in the best teams.

Really excited moving forward with Clifford and what he'll be able to do for us.

Wait until he plays with Frizell (if they let him run over that side) and Best.

Not to be too crazy, but it won't be long until he's viewed as one of our most important pieces I think.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
He's up there already, 2 games in. We don't beat the Warriors without his kicking.
Wouldn't mind a solid debate on this forum about who our 3 most important players are.

Ponga - despite some flaws that bother me on occasions, this is undeniable.
Pearce - once again there are clear flaws but it's the intangibles that are important with what he brings to the team

Who's next? Is it Clifford? Is it one of the captains?

Knight Tales

Juniors
Clifford is such a quality player and individual. His stocks are rising fast. He also looks like he has fit in immediately. A big rap on Mitch for letting the kid play his natural games. You get the feeling Mitch is about to make a point before 2021 is done.

Jono078

Referee
Is Clifford a queenslander?

What is their depth chart looking like for the halves? Wouldn't surprise me if he was 4th or 5th choice now, which once again I don't think is too crazy to assume?

Yosh

Coach
I would put Brailey up there. He ain't flashy but he is as Newcastle as it gets. Ponga is a god but he ain't Newcastle. When I see Brailey, I see Newcastle. Not just last weekend but he is classy but has that workman like toughness about him as well. Whenever we need a try, he provides a good crash play and is up there for tackles made.

Just image we still had Danny Levi as our starting hooker. Stuff of knightmares.

Latest posts