What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Gold Coast @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 16: Newcastle v Gold Coast

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Gold Coast Titans 1-12

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K-Man

Bench
Not that he's done anything that sensational against any kind of half decent NRL team, or that he's ever going to be a superstar, OR that I haven't been wrong but plenty of things, BUT I feel like I was the only person who ever said anything good about Hoy's positive attributes back in the day. There is clearly a footballer in there, his good moments are good and he's not the worst when it comes to that ball playing role of the fullback. I think if he had great speed he'd be a prospect, but he will probably always just hover around first grade. Still, he's putting himself in a position to get another NRL contract and deservedly so. Can't kick goals though.

Knight Tales

Juniors
So happy for Ed and Dom. Patchy but much improved performance. Titans are terrible. Have two of the most damaging forwards in the game and yet produce garbage. Tino too good a player for that club.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Interesting that our wingers got all the tries tonight without Ponga in there.
The opposition helps and I’m a Ponga fan but still, it happened.

Jono078

Referee
Round 16 last year is the last time we scored 38 points.

Fact it's come against the bottom team takes away a bit of the shine but you have to hope this is a building block towards better things.

Jono078

Referee
I didn't pay too much attention to Hoy's positioning but I don't recall him hanging around the ruck much? Perhaps he was positioning either side and it's what allowed us to spread the ball with good success.

Yosh

Coach
Great to see our wingers get so many tries. DSaifiti actually doing his job won us the first 20 minutes and allowed us to go on with it and win. Milf is classy. Hope he stays.

Old dog

Juniors
Lot of negative comments instead of enjoying the game and the result, very happy for team, especially Lee and Young, we showed signs of improvement and Hoy was ok to good, Clune and Milford played really well and DSaf was strong but he ain’t Klem

Seage

Juniors
I think my overriding thought about tonight is that Dan Ginnane and Shane Flanagan are punishing to listen to. They could not have wanted the Titans to get back in that game any more in the second half. Dan Ginnane sounds like he has to swallow razor blades when saying anything positive about us. We had a slight wobble off the back of some bad calls, but pumped them 8 tries to 2. They can push on.

Latest posts