What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Newcastle @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 16: Newcastle v Sydney

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Sydney Roosters 1-12

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Sydney Roosters 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 16
Newcastle Knights v Sydney Roosters
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Saturday 17 June 2023

Gates open 12:30pm, NSW Cup 12:40pm, NRL kickoff 3pm. Broadcast live on Fox League, Kayo Sports.

NEW2022TEAM.png

To be announced

SYD2022TEAM.png

To be announced

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: To be advised
Sideline Officials: To be advised
Video Referee: To be advised

LOWER GRADES
Newcastle^ v Melbourne at Cessnock, Sat - Flegg 11am
Newcastle^ v Sydney^ at McDonald Jones, Sat 12:40pm (FOX)
South Sydney v Sydney^ / North Sydney^ at Coogee, Sun - Flegg 1pm / NSW Cup 3pm​

Lodge has been dropped. No real surprise there for mine. Only thing is I'm not sure about putting Nat Butcher to start in his place in the front row. Almost smacks of Ricky Stuart when he played Ricko and then Fitzy in the front row in his latter years.

Lodge has been dropped. No real surprise there for mine. Only thing is I'm not sure about putting Nat Butcher to start in his place in the front row. Almost smacks of Ricky Stuart when he played Ricko and then Fitzy in the front row in his latter years.
Lodge isn't named in any of NSW Cup teams either.

Better things were expected from Lodge this year - sure he had time out with the facial fracture - but he looks slow for the current game at the weight he plays at and has dropped his bundle as they say when they told him he won't be extended.

May is a surprise inclusion word was that he was training poorly and had a verbal stoush with Coach Robinson about not being considered for NRL - supposedly to be released at seasons end.

Have to wait to 1hr before the game if Nat Butcher plays front row - could be a switch with Whyte or May starts instead.

Need to start winning games though starting with the Knights

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
I don't mind it actually, he has done the job there before admirably and it gives Whyte a chance to start at lock