What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Warriors @ Mt Smart Stadium, Penrose

Who will win? Round 16: Warriors v Wests Tigers

• Warriors 13+

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Round 16
Warriors v Wests Tigers
Mt Smart Stadium, Penrose, Penrose
Sunday 3 July 2022

Gates 1pm NZT -- NRL kickoff 4pm NZT (2pm AEST)

WAR2022TEAM.png

To be announced

WST2022TEAM.png

To be announced

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: To be advised
Sideline Officials: To be advised
Video Referee: To be advised

- Lower Grades: QLD Cup & Colts U21 -
Bris Tigers v Redcliffe at Langlands, Sunday - Colts 12:10pm / Cup 2:10pm

- Lower Grades: NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg U21 -
Wests Tigers / Wests Magpies v Newcastle at Campbelltown, Saturday - Flegg 1:15pm / Cup 3pm​

The Warriors first game back in NZ in a number of years due to covid and the WT get that honour of facing them on their home turf.
Considering how the WT have been going this could get ugly.

simmo1

First Grade
Last week v Bulldogs was billed as the Spoon Bowl, but I think the loser of this game gets the spoon. Warriors will obviously be boosted by being back at home, but their team has probably more weak links than us.

Not many Tigers playing during rep weekend should see the team a littler fresher than the Warriors. They will come our firing, but if we can stay with them for the first 60 minutes, we might just come home stronger. They seem to have the wood on us of late (like every team), so I'm ready for the disappointment though.

Tigerm

First Grade
I can't believe Tuilagi kept his spot.

Good on Noddy for selecting the 'new' 9, shame about the 6.
Agree, re: Tuilagi. He is not playing well but more importantly, a great opportunity to try some of the other blokes in the squad, the season is over?

WA Tiger

Bench
I’m happy Roberts is back with some speed and opportunity when Garner passes him the ball, unlike the hog Luch and with Brown at 9, overall that’s a strong team (apart from 6) if they play clever. And with Douhi a week fitter to create opportunities..it just needs to click.. ..Go noddy. A good team to play against to start a roll

Last edited:
Nu Brown at hooker and no recognised hooker on the bench. This can only mean that Brooks will be playing a lot of dummy half cause Nu won't be able to go the distance. Get on the Warriors 13+......by half time. And 30+ by full time.

Tiger05

First Grade
I’m happy Roberts is back with some speed and opportunity when Garner passes him the ball, unlike the hog Luch and with Brown at 9, overall that’s a strong team (apart from 6) if they play clever. And with Douhi a week fitter to create opportunities..it just needs to click.. ..Go noddy. A good team to play against to start a roll

Stef back into the team makes a difference as well.

WA Tiger

Bench
Nu Brown at hooker and no recognised hooker on the bench. This can only mean that Brooks will be playing a lot of dummy half cause Nu won't be able to go the distance. Get on the Warriors 13+......by half time. And 30+ by full time.
I can imagine (I could be wrong) Brown being one of these “fittest player in the team types” esp after what he’s been through with injury and nearly losing his career. I’m guessing he plays the whole game and is a good influence on the team. Noddys bouncing stuff off Robbie..

Hope you're right but hooker is bloody hard to play. Not only will he have to make 40 tackles but also the body dynamics of continually getting down for the play the ball and hitting the receiver on the chest. All while trying to deceive the defence with what you're trying to do.

Fordy20

Juniors
I can see Brown going to the bench, Brooksy to 9 and AD to 6. Make it happen Noddy.
I can see that happening during the match as well, especially considering the team has already been doing something similar when carrying Jock Madden on the bench.

Phil Gould

Juniors
T
I can see that happening during the match as well, especially considering the team has already been doing something similar when carrying Jock Madden on the bench.
They may get a higher work rate out of the 9 by sharing the load this way as well.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I reckon Brown will do a stint at 9 then Brooks will shift to hooker with Doeuihi at 6 for the rest of the game. Would be great to see Brooks/Doeuihi/Hastings all firing together but I'm doubtful we will win another game this season

WA Tiger

Bench
Brown as hooker is the surprise. Probably some kind of way to maneuver AD into the halves.
Why? Isn’t two tries in 10 minutes on his debut a couple of weeks ago enough…Maybe you missed that one… I doubt “Brooksy” otherwise known as “the evil one” will be taking anyones place except the bench players. Brown also plays 6 and 7. He will come off only if necessary. Maybe he’s not that fit enough to last maybe he is

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I doubt “Brooksy” otherwise known as “the evil one” will be taking anyones place except the bench players.

You'd think that he is on his way out unless he starts coming up with special performances but that is unlikely. I think he has two chances to make the top team going forward. The first one is injuries. The second one is as a utility off the bench. Nu Brown or Simpkin or Liddle or Talau would all also be pushing for that bench utility role.

Maybe he can get a role in another team and maybe he can do a job for another team.

He has upsides good old Brooksy. He is a good defender, he has pace, he has a decent kicking and passing game. He isn't a bad player. We just need better.