What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 16 vs Warriors @ Mt Smart Stadium, Penrose

Who will win? Round 16: Warriors v Wests Tigers

• Warriors 13+

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
Would be great to see Brooks/Doeuihi/Hastings all firing together but I'm doubtful we will win another game this season

I just want to see Hastings and Doueihi in the halves.

If that fixes the halves that is a big step forward for us. I'm not sure if Laurie is the guy to play fullback for us and maybe that is the next issue to fix.

The biggest issue though is dud forwards. We have to fix that.

The Rosco

Bench
Hmmm . . . let's see . . . .Warrior's return home after all that time, us with an interim coach, dumped by CC and playing shit, turmoil in the halves . . . what number WT commandment is that ?

WA Tiger

Bench
You'd think that he is on his way out unless he starts coming up with special performances but that is unlikely. I think he has two chances to make the top team going forward. The first one is injuries. The second one is as a utility off the bench. Nu Brown or Simpkin or Liddle or Talau would all also be pushing for that bench utility role.

Maybe he can get a role in another team and maybe he can do a job for another team.

He has upsides good old Brooksy. He is a good defender, he has pace, he has a decent kicking and passing game. He isn't a bad player. We just need better.
The canteen lady had to have 15 minutes off work for an HIA…Another one of those from good old Brooksy and AD straight into 6… Be interesting what Noddys planning. Robbie will be in his ear

WA Tiger

Bench
Bulldogs I’m pretty sure. It was a reasonable score/win but Brown kicked it off

Last edited:

Phil Gould

Juniors
Bulldogs I’m pretty sure. It was a reasonable score/win but Brown kicked it off
You’re right, it was against the dogs the first time. I checked back because I couldn’t remember seeing him play. Stats show he got a couple of quick ones in the second half, shame he was pulled so quickly next run. I can’t understand some of these roster decisions, looks like there’s another half and hooker heavy bench again. I wish they’d just put AD at center, that gives enough flexibility between the 6,7 and 9, with Brookes in the 6, then load the bench with some keen muscle to cycle through. On that note, good to see Stefano’s back.

WA Tiger

Bench
You’re right, it was against the dogs the first time. I checked back because I couldn’t remember seeing him play. Stats show he got a couple of quick ones in the second half, shame he was pulled so quickly next run. I can’t understand some of these roster decisions, looks like there’s another half and hooker heavy bench again. I wish they’d just put AD at center, that gives enough flexibility between the 6,7 and 9, with Brookes in the 6, then load the bench with some keen muscle to cycle through. On that note, good to see Stefano’s back.
Exactly. I thought I missed Brown getting a head knock or at least something why he was pulled. Maybe he acted a bit too adventurous or said thd wrong thing? Madge always struggled to go outside his same set in stone team..As much as any other reason that led to his demise.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I am really nervous about this game.
I'm freaking out that if we win this there will be an announcement next week about how pleased the Tigers are to announce Noddy has got the gig.

Tiger05

First Grade
I am really nervous about this game.
I'm freaking out that if we win this there will be an announcement next week about how pleased the Tigers are to announce Noddy has got the gig.

You reckon that your getting bad feelings. I'm starting to think Noddy is a good option for the job.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
You reckon that your getting bad feelings. I'm starting to think Noddy is a good option for the job.
What a great story that would be.

Minimum (not sure of any) experience as NRL coach.
Hasn't been an assistant coach to any of the top coach's (could be wrong there).
No great success as a coach of reserve grade.
Totally unknown if he can attract or retain quality players.
No other club has shown interest.
Turns out to be the man who turns this club around.

Alice, show me the rabbit hole I go down and which pill to take so I can think this is even remotely possible.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
What a great story that would be.

Minimum (not sure of any) experience as NRL coach.
Hasn't been an assistant coach to any of the top coach's (could be wrong there).
No great success as a coach of reserve grade.
Totally unknown if he can attract or retain quality players.
No other club has shown interest.
Turns out to be the man who turns this club around.

Alice, show me the rabbit hole I go down and which pill to take so I can think this is even remotely possible.

Like this:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Anyone know anything about our 2 bench players Pole and Dias? What are their positions, form, strengths etc?

Pole has been impressive in nsw cup. He’s only 19 and I think a year too early for NRL but see how he goes. He isn’t that big however has great footwork and is fairly skillful. If I had to compare him to someone it would be Tauekiaho from Easts.

Dias, meh I don’t rate at all. Bigger then Pole but doesn’t really have an impact at nsw cup so doubt he will at this level. He puts in though so guessing staff want to reward that.

FWIW I heard a rumour Brooks will start at 9 and Doueihi 6.

Last edited: