What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 17 vs Eels @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 17: Wests Tigers v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 17
Wests Tigers v Parramatta Eels
Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta (TICKETS)
Sunday 14 July 2019

Gates 1:30pm / Canterbury Cup (WES v WEN) 1:50pm / NRL 4:05pm

TL-WST19.png

1. Corey Thompson 2. Robert Jennings 3. Moses Mbye 4. Esan Marsters 5. David Nofoaluma 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Robbie Farah 10. Alex Twal 11. Ryan Matterson 12. Chris Lawrence 13. Matt Eisenhuth
Interchange: 14. Jacob Liddle 15. Thomas Mikaele 16. Elijah Taylor 17. Michael Chee-Kam 18. Paul Momirovski 19. Chris McQueen 20. Josh Reynolds 21. Oliver Clark

TL-PAR19.png

1. Clint Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Brad Takairangi 4. Josh Hoffman 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Kane Evans 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Manu Ma'u 13. Nathan Brown
Interchange: 14. Jaeman Salmon 15. Marata Niukore 16. David Gower 17. Tepai Moeroa 18. Oregon Kaufusi 19. Daniel Alvaro 20. Greg Lelesiuao 21. Bevan French

ogdZGg2.png

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Adam Cassidy
Sideline Officials: Tim Roby, Rickey McFarlane
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Lowe

Feeder club info
Wests Tigers: Western Suburbs Magpies (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup), Wests Tigers (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Eels: Wentworthville Magpies (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup), Parramatta Eels (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Match information for all competitions via https://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​

Last edited by a moderator:
You are never going to make the 8 with a negative for/against so the Tigers simply have to start winning.

They are equal on 16 points with the Sharks but having a -48 differential compared to the Sharks + 16 is simply not going to get them far at all.

That said, currently all teams have played the same and have the points allocated for the bye, you can't look backwards but I will, the blow-out V Parra 1st time round has not helped their +/-. Revenge, is what is needed.

Again, can't look back but 2 games where they could have/should have/may have - v Penrith & v Storm would see the team sitting on 20 points but with a differential of perhaps -40. It doesn't work that way, does it?

The unknown

Juniors
We desperately need this game, and our form over the last couple weeks has us primed + Benjis 300th

I'll go us by 14

Pezz70

Juniors
I hate to be negative but Parra have the wood on us and I reckon they’ll get us by 20 or so. I’ll be ecstatic if I’m wrong. Moses has it over Brooks in the mental department. Brooks needs to man up for this one and show Moses who is boss.

Tiger05

First Grade
I hate to be negative but Parra have the wood on us and I reckon they’ll get us by 20 or so. I’ll be ecstatic if I’m wrong. Moses has it over Brooks in the mental department. Brooks needs to man up for this one and show Moses who is boss.

I hate to be negative as well but we tend to lose to Parra. They flogged us last time. I don't see it as a Moses vs Brooks showdown though. We need to get into the game and then hopefully the boys learn from last week that they can win if they take the right option consistently and play some footy.

I hate to be negative but Parra have the wood on us
I hate to be negative as well but we tend to lose to Parra.

2018 Rd 4 Tigers 30 Parra 20 - Rd 8 Tigers 22 Parra 24
2017 Rd 7 Tigers 22 Parra 26 - Rd 20 Tigers 16 Parra 17
2016 Rd 4 Tigers 0 Parra 8 - Rd 21 Tigers 23 Parra 8

Typically close, 6 games above 2 wins only but close to very close, not the blow outs we see with Canberra.

super_coach

First Grade
This is a must win game, that I think is winnable but my brain tells me it might go the other way. Certainly if we seriously think we are a chance at finals football we have to win this one.

I just get the feeling all the usual things will haunt us, lack of speed, lack of height and a terrible goal kicker...and a massive one sided crowd

west4ever

Juniors
The team I hope runs out Sunday is
1. Thompson
2. Nofoaluma
3. Masters
4. Mbye
5. Bradley
6. Marshal
7. Brooks
8. Clark
9. Farah
10. Twal
11. Matterson
12. Lawrence
13. Taylor

14. Liddle
15. Aloai
16. Mekaele
17. MCK

18. Eisenhouth
19. Momirovski
20. McQueen
21. Reynolds
Who would you add or change

Vic Mackey

Referee
Only just heard Trent Robinson’s post match conference. He was very complimentary of our performance. Said we won the physical battle and he thought it was one of the Roosters best performances of the year. Since the raiders debacle our forwards really have rolled their sleeves up.

Parra are a confidence team who go to pieces pretty easy. Problem is they can towel you up just as easily if you let them get a roll on. If our attitude is what it’s been the last 3 weeks I feel we can get them.

Tiger05

First Grade
The team I hope runs out Sunday is
1. Thompson
2. Nofoaluma
3. Masters
4. Mbye
5. Bradley
6. Marshal
7. Brooks
8. Clark
9. Farah
10. Twal
11. Matterson
12. Lawrence
13. Taylor

14. Liddle
15. Aloai
16. Mekaele
17. MCK

18. Eisenhouth
19. Momirovski
20. McQueen
21. Reynolds
Who would you add or change

I like that team but Eisenhuth has to be there over Taylor or Clarke. Eisenhuth has been great recently.

In the last press conference I think Madge was talking about the overall improvement in the side, little things he is picking up.

I too am mighty impressed with the forwards at the moment, they are a bloody willing lot.

What they lack in size, what they lack in talent, they try to make up for in sheer effort.

The air, space and time isn’t materialising for the backline. They need much more speed, drawing, quick passing and backing up.

We need a lot more attacking steps, passes kicks and unpredictability. Try a grubber in open space behind the defensive line, reverse the angle, run through. No more wondering what could have been.

We need some attacking mayhem.

The issue with the eels is that they lack consistency. If we can snuff them out early, they are prone to total stupidity, panic and collapse.

So far as I am concerned, Bankwest is OUR stadium.

They are unwanted. They and their merkin fans can bugger off and find another home!

Benji needs to be kicking all conversion attempts.

west4ever

Juniors
I like that team but Eisenhuth has to be there over Taylor or Clarke. Eisenhuth has been great recently.
Mate I went to the game at campbelltown, West vs bears, Clark runs and hits hard, Clark will be more valuable to the team than Eisenhouth, Taylor’s defence really blossoms through out the team, so what I’m saying is tigers defence is better with Taylor in it, Clark will help the boys to roll forward.