What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 17 vs Parramatta @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield

Who will win? Round 17: Wests Tigers v Parramatta

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Feel the power @Aliceinwonderland, now that you’ve turned it around and escaped indictment.

How’s Ivan’s knee?

Have his horns grown back ok?

You mean the one's you draw on his photus. It comes down to whether your pens and pencils have been confiscated or not.

I think Ivan's knee is improving. (although this possibly not the thread to ask or respond on that.)

I think that Brooks is capable of being a good to excellent running 5/8th.
Problem is the club have attempted to make him into an orgainising halfback. Something which doesn't suit him.

Brooks played perhaps his best footy under Ivan Cleary. That was the year he won halfback of the year.

Sadly he's been bashed and battered by the club since then. His confidence is really low.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
On the few occasions I venture into other fan forms I tend to do so to offer a positive perspective.

I have always believed the much maligned Luke Brooks is a good to very good player.

Ive never quite understood why he has in many ways been made a scapegoat for your sides underachievement.

The issues around your club are not Luke Brooks they are far deeper than that.

Perhaps it would be in everyone’s best interests if he did move on. Just start from scratch, with the new coach whomever that may end up being.

My two bobs worth, means nothing I know, I look forward to your club getting back on your feet and being very competitive again. You guys deserve it.

You mean the one's you draw on his photus. It comes down to whether your pens and pencils have been confiscated or not.

I think Ivan's knee is improving. (although this possibly not the thread to ask or respond on that.)

I think that Brooks is capable of being a good to excellent running eighth.
Problem is the club have attempted to make him into an orgainising halfback. Something which doesn't suit him.

Brooks played perhaps his best footy under Ivan Cleary. That was the year he won halfback of the year.

Sadly he's been bashed and battered by the club since then. His confidence is really low.
Have a puppy:

4724DC4D-11D1-4B5E-8F9D-7FB2BD96B3B2.jpeg

Phil Gould

Juniors
On the few occasions I venture into other fan forms I tend to do so to offer a positive perspective.

I have always believed the much maligned Luke Brooks is a good to very good player.

Ive never quite understood why he has in many ways been made a scapegoat for your sides underachievement.

Perhaps it would be in everyone’s best interests if he did move on. Just start from scratch, with the new coach whomever that may end up being.

My two bobs worth, means nothing I know, I look forward to your club getting back on your feet and being very competitive again. You guys deserve it.

I think that Brooks is capable of being a good to excellent running 5/8th.

I think you’re both right about Brooks, don’t know if it was Ivan in particular that got the best out of him or if it was more the conditions on the field that suited him, maybe Ivan provided that though.

These last couple of months have seen Brooks under way too much pressure, so much so that I doubt anyone could have perform well under them. We all agree Brooks isn’t an organizer, he’s an off the cuff running back that plays what he sees in front of him but all that he has seen lately is a wall of opposition pushing the tigers pack backwards. Obviously a running back needs a free flowing game to be able to run. However, I don’t think Brooks has handled the extreme pressure well and has made too many mistakes because of it. I think he’s a bit of a fair weather player that would excel under normal match pressure situations, like he did in those two tight wins, but he just hasn’t handled the crap that he’s been dropped into lately.

I blame the refereeing partially for this and their woeful performance in most games really pisses me off, I feel like they are ruining the sport. Bad calls aside, free flowing games are the best to watch, best for the fans, but it seems certain teams, for some reason, consistently get away with charging up early, being offside, and holding down in tackles for way too long,f preventing a quick play of the ball. These things ruin a free flowing game and turn it into the equivalent of a MMA match that’s just a constant grapple on the floor. Grappling is a part of it but it should never be at the expense of the exciting stuff and poor refereeing allows that to happen.

The ladies origin games were a real eye opener for me because they didn’t screw every possible advantage, attempt to milk penalties or push the penalty boundaries in every situation possible in order to win. They weren’t as fast, strong or athletic but it was more about the footy for them than just winning alone I’m sure. It’s up to the referees to make the games watchable again because I know a lot more people than me are getting fed up.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m not suggesting Ivan Cleary got the best out of Luke Brooks, don’t know whether he did or didn’t.

I just think he always tries his best, from my viewing and gives his all for the team and club.

I really feel for the guy, i recognise he has been paid good money, but one can only wonder how he May performed behind a better side and I say that with respect, not meaning to denigrate your club.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I think you’re both right about Brooks, don’t know if it was Ivan in particular that got the best out of him or if it was more the conditions on the field that suited him, maybe Ivan provided that though.

These last couple of months have seen Brooks under way too much pressure, so much so that I doubt anyone could have perform well under them. We all agree Brooks isn’t an organizer, he’s an off the cuff running back that plays what he sees in front of him but all that he has seen lately is a wall of opposition pushing the tigers pack backwards. Obviously a running back needs a free flowing game to be able to run. However, I don’t think Brooks has handled the extreme pressure well and has made too many mistakes. I think he’s a bit of a fair weather player that would excel under normal match pressure situations, like he did in those two wins, but he just hasn’t handled the crap that’s he’s been dropped in.

I blame the refereeing partially for this and their woeful performance in most games really pisses me off, I feel like they are ruining the sport. Bad calls aside, free flowing games are the best to watch, best for the fans, but it seems certain teams, for some reason, consistently get away with charging up early, offside, and holding down in tackles for way too long, preventing a quick play of the ball. These things ruin a free flowing game and turn it into the equivalent of a MMA match that’s just a constant grapple on the floor. Grappling is a part of it but it should never be at the expense of the exciting stuff and poor refereeing allows that to happen.

The ladies origin games were a real eye opener for me because they didn’t screw every possible advantage, attempt to milk penalties or push the penalty boundaries in every situation possible in order to win. They weren’t as fast, strong or athletic but it was more about the footy for them than just winning alone I’m sure. It’s up to the referees to make the games watchable again because I know a lot more people than me are getting fed up.

The under 19's game was the same.

Tigerm

First Grade

IMO, the No 7 of the team is the key player and gets paid accordingly, Luke is a good player but is a shit half and after 10 years of nothingness, he is the scapegoat because he has been here during our whole decade of failure and deserves the shit he is coping atm.

No offence, but many outsiders are looking at now and haven't been here for the long haul, I mean we celebrate coming 9th FFS?

If the club doesn't make changes, then nothing will change.

Agree, we have many issues, but many of them are management (though the club is a really strong club outside he footy aspect), who don't play on game day? Yes, many players here, are not playing up to FG standards but I don't believe you can excuse Luke's efforts on anything but himself?

Luke is now openly criticising the club about how he is now being treated? The end is near, I think.

I'm sure the Panthers wouldn't keep your 7 for long if he wasn't delivering?

Last edited:
After the week we've had, and wanting revenge from last time we played, I expect Parra to put a big score on us.

I had to laugh at all the scuttlebutt last night on NRL 360. Who is to say that tigers management is leaking all these stories? The "journo" will never a put a name to the leak so everyone has to believe them as some sort of bastion of integrity. I wonder if they get a bonus based on the clicks their stories generate?

The "journo" then goes on to criticise the person for leaking, either to him directly or one of his grub colleagues. He's so outraged, yet he is spreading the rumour he has been given and bags the person who gave it to him, without naming the person of course. None of this makes any sense, and would potentially stop any future "stories" from coming his way.

What would make a lot more sense is if Brooks' manager gave the rumour to the "journo" and said the club said this and that........Possibly may have paid the "journo" to spread it when it didn't happen at all. Then Brooks can have his little cry and come off the aggrieved party. Everyone knows player managers are just all bottom feeding scum. Not far above them are the rumour mongering "journos." If you won't reveal a source there's every chance they've made it up.

I'm not saying the board and management are competent. They aren't. The whole constant leaks thing just doesn't seem to make any sense. But then again, nothing at the tigers makes sense.........

Latest posts