What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 17 vs South Sydney @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 17: Newcastle v South Sydney

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2022 - Round 17
Newcastle Knights v South Sydney Rabbitohs
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Friday 8 July 2022

U21 Jersey Flegg 5:30pm -- NRL kickoff 7:55pm

NEW2022TEAM.png

To be announced

SOU2022TEAM.png

To be announced

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: To be advised
Sideline Officials: To be advised
Video Referee: To be advised

- Lower Grades: NSW Cup & Jersey Flegg U21 -
Newcastle v Souths at McDonald Jones, Friday - Flegg 5:30pm
Newcastle v Souths at St John Oval, Saturday - Cup 2pm​

Jono078

Referee
Latrell has taken himself out of Origin and is committed to Souths.

They'll be without Cook, Arrow and Murray and we'll be without Ponga (most likely) and Gagai. Maybe even D-Saf, we'll see.

Basically I expect Alex Johnston to get a hat trick and Latrell to be super influential.

We get Brailey back though. Very interesting match-up I think and goes without saying, a must-win if we want to keep finals hopes alive.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Latrell has taken himself out of Origin and is committed to Souths.

They'll be without Cook, Arrow and Murray and we'll be without Ponga (most likely) and Gagai. Maybe even D-Saf, we'll see.

Basically I expect Alex Johnston to get a hat trick and Latrell to be super influential.

We get Brailey back though. Very interesting match-up I think and goes without saying, a must-win if we want to keep finals hopes alive.
I would more inclined to put Klemmer in to replace Haas….but we all know RCG will be picked and Paulo will start…..or Jordan Mcklean

Last edited:

Knight Tales

Juniors
It is very difficult to see how we win this now that Trell has decided to go Beast Mode and focus solely on his club’s fortunes. And Cody Walker of course finds form now That Trell’s runs create the space he needs on The left.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Hoy
Lee
Best
Tuala
Young
Milf
Clune
Dsaf
Brailey
Klem
Barnett
Frizell
Mann (would he be right this week after going off early last week?)

Randall
Thompson
Jsaf
Croker

Simi

Jono078

Referee
I'd actually be tempted to switch Dom and Tuala in defence... Otherwise it might get really ugly down that side.

mozza91

Coach
They’ve got plenty of forwards out with Origin and injury. No reason we can’t win, outside of our inherit shitness.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Maybe carrying two 9s could be the plan
moving forward. Brailey’s workload will be a gradual easing in week to week.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Maybe carrying two 9s could be the plan
moving forward. Brailey’s workload will be a gradual easing in week to week.
That means more Randall, so I’m not really for that. Happy to ease Brailey back but he gets paid to be an 80 minute hooker, we’ll paid enough to not be sharing duties with Randall.

Knight Tales

Juniors
That means more Randall, so I’m not really for that. Happy to ease Brailey back but he gets paid to be an 80 minute hooker, we’ll paid enough to not be sharing duties with Randall.
Other option is Mann back to 14 and Brailey starts. Could mean Fitzgibbon recalled.

Jono078

Referee
I
Other option is Mann back to 14 and Brailey starts. Could mean Fitzgibbon recalled.
would be happier with this (minus fitzy returning).

I just don’t see AOB moving Mann. Seems full steam ahead with Mann being our #13 and key ingredient, for some reason.

Yosh

Coach
Brailey looks so happy. So happy for the lad.

Wonder if Best will have a blinder? I hope we use him as a centre and not a battering ram.