What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 17 vs South Sydney @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 17: Newcastle v South Sydney

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slotmachine

First Grade
Great call mate

Souths not great but we were awful

Yeah I thought their left hand side would tear us a new one but with all the outs they would leak a few points too.

Pretty much how it went down, the game was over when Walker took the intercept, mentally the team was never coming back from that

Zoidberg

First Grade
Latrell 10in the bin for rushing in? Nah.
Take out the intercept and Hoy not grounding that kick and that’s us in front. We didn’t deserve to win but if we can keep out our really dumb plays on top of our regular dumb plays, we we much closer, against an under strength and poor side.

Pleb

Juniors
Haven’t watched the game
Nor do I really want to but what was everyone’s thought on Braileys return? Did we look better with him out there?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The thing that annoys me most about last night’s game is just how quickly the momentum turned against us in the last 10 mins of the first half. We played some good footy to be leading 16-6 and that kick and kick chase to trap them in goal and get a line drop out was excellent. Then it was like our match awareness just disappeared and we let them get the ball back followed by a piggyback penalty then concede a try followed by another piggyback penalty and another try. Then the intercept happened and we’d lost all momentum in the game. We just killed our selves in that 10 minute period then again just after half time.

Spot On

Coach
Haven’t watched the game
Nor do I really want to but what was everyone’s thought on Braileys return? Did we look better with him out there?

f**king good. Hit harder in 'd' than anyone else (even though he played f**k all footy for 2 years), looks like he understands the game of footy, provides a constant threat out of dummy half, gives quick, clean delivery when needed.

One of few reasons for a fan to watch the side to the end of the year besides Dom (our best back by a long, long way, probably our best player tbh) and Edrick the past 2 games.

Yosh

Coach
I know I am super biased against AOB but he should have brought on Brailey with 10 minutes to go in the first half. Lock up that last ten minutes and we could have gone into half time 10 points up.

Probably would have lost either way but it's been nearly 3 years and I still don't understand AOB's bench use and rotation.

Zoidberg

First Grade
It felt like we didn’t want to do the hard work in defence in that last 10 of the first half, we were scoring tries, that’s fun, let’s concentrate on that.

Jono078

Referee
I know I am super biased against AOB but he should have brought on Brailey with 10 minutes to go in the first half. Lock up that last ten minutes and we could have gone into half time 10 points up.

Probably would have lost either way but it's been nearly 3 years and I still don't understand AOB's bench use and rotation.
I haven’t watched the game yet but I am totally not surprised. He has to be the worst coach at utilizing a bench and using players for optimal minutes.

Latest posts