What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 18: Brisbane v Wests Tigers

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Together forever now. Brings a tear to the eye.

Jackson Hastings sent his congrats through from the ESL.
That's good because we need a 7.

And that's because IMO, Brooks is not up to it, terrible passing game, terrible kicking game but gee, he can defend.

Then there's this:
A Wests Tigers’ star’s time looks to be up with the club reportedly shopping him around despite being locked in on a big-money deal for a further two seasons.

For so long it seemed the Wests Tigers would stick by their big-money halfback Luke Brooks. Despite not quite reaching expectations, the 26-year-old has always held his spot in the squad.

However, that looks set to change withThe Sydney Morning Herald reporting the Tigers have made inquiries with rival clubs to see if anyone is interested in the No.7’s services.

Ex-Roosters and Sea Eagles half, Jackson Hastings, will return home from the Super League next season on a two-year deal with the Tigers.

Hastings was said to be signed as a lock, but it seems that’s not the case as the Tigers look to offload Brooks.

Hastings will likely partner Adam Doueihi in the halves in 2022. Doueihi moved back to five-eighth on the weekend after a stint in the centres and proved that it’s the position he belongs in long term.

Doueihi ran for 91 metres and set up five tries and had four linebreak assists in the Tigers’ win over the Broncos on Sunday.

Brooks was also solid with 42 running metres, one try assist, two tacklebusts and one offload, but he was completely outshone by Doueihi.

42 running metres for a 7 !!!!!!

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
No Brooks has proven he is one of our best performers. He has made a bunch of posters eat shit sandwiches this year.

I said earlier it's an intelligence test or an understanding footy test. I was probably too harsh. The issue is a bunch of posters have hitched themselves to hard and fast to the Brooks is shit and our only issue bandwagon. It's hard when you've been made to look like a fool to admit you got it wrong.

You got it wrong big time. I'd stop doubling down on the stupidity if I was you but it's your call.

I reckon next year will be interesting because to me Doueihi should be our 6. Madge may want to try and play Hastings, Brooks and AD though.

I just want to win. I don't give a f**k if Brooks gets dropped.

I used to stick up for Mbye. I've dropped that. I was wrong. Mbye proved me wrong. It's not that hard to admit when you get it wrong but you got to man the f**k up. Some guys can man up and some can't.

Talau was tackling and Laurie was about to cover it over the top. Nofoluma should have stayed on his winger.

Even if you disagree and think Talau's guy was scoring, Nofoluma should still stay on his guy. Let Talau handle or mishandle his own responsibility.

I know this forum hates Talau but he was fine yesterday. Did his job all game, eve if you think that was a mistake, the other 79 minutes were good.
I don’t think we hate him, I think it’s more that he doesn’t exactly elicit a lot of confidence when he’s up against quality.

But I think he’s one of these players, as soon as we let him go, he will become the cats whiskas.

Madge more reserved in his press conference, talking about “growing” instead of “growth” he belts on about after victories. Shying away from ambit claims of success and promises.

Tiger05

First Grade
I don’t think we hate him, I think it’s more that he doesn’t exactly elicit a lot of confidence when he’s up against quality.

But I think he’s one of these players, as soon as we let him go, he will become the cats whiskas.

Madge more reserved in his press conference, talking about “growing” instead of “growth” he belts on about after victories. Shying away from ambit claims of success and promises.

It's not an emotional decision. Talau simply hasn't performed well much if at all and he definitely hasn't been consistent. If he turns his form around great.

It'll take more than one game for me to feel confident in the guy.

cerberus

Coach
No Brooks has proven he is one of our best performers. He has made a bunch of posters eat shit sandwiches this year.

I said earlier it's an intelligence test or an understanding footy test. I was probably too harsh. The issue is a bunch of posters have hitched themselves to hard and fast to the Brooks is shit and our only issue bandwagon. It's hard when you've been made to look like a fool to admit you got it wrong.

You got it wrong big time. I'd stop doubling down on the stupidity if I was you but it's your call.

I reckon next year will be interesting because to me Doueihi should be our 6. Madge may want to try and play Hastings, Brooks and AD though.

I used to stick up for Mbye. I've dropped that. I was wrong. Mbye proved me wrong. It's not that hard to admit when you get it wrong but you got to man the f**k up. Some guys can man up and some can't.
talk is brooks wont be here

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors

And that's because IMO, Brooks is not up to it, terrible passing game, terrible kicking game but gee, he can defend.

Then there's this:
A Wests Tigers’ star’s time looks to be up with the club reportedly shopping him around despite being locked in on a big-money deal for a further two seasons.

For so long it seemed the Wests Tigers would stick by their big-money halfback Luke Brooks. Despite not quite reaching expectations, the 26-year-old has always held his spot in the squad.

However, that looks set to change withThe Sydney Morning Herald reporting the Tigers have made inquiries with rival clubs to see if anyone is interested in the No.7’s services.

Ex-Roosters and Sea Eagles half, Jackson Hastings, will return home from the Super League next season on a two-year deal with the Tigers.

Hastings was said to be signed as a lock, but it seems that’s not the case as the Tigers look to offload Brooks.

Hastings will likely partner Adam Doueihi in the halves in 2022. Doueihi moved back to five-eighth on the weekend after a stint in the centres and proved that it’s the position he belongs in long term.

Doueihi ran for 91 metres and set up five tries and had four linebreak assists in the Tigers’ win over the Broncos on Sunday.

Brooks was also solid with 42 running metres, one try assist, two tacklebusts and one offload, but he was completely outshone by Doueihi.

42 running metres for a 7 !!!!!!
I somewhat agree Brooks may need to venture elsewhere for the benefit of him and the tigers but with Hastings being an unknown to the NRL (his first stint was an abrupt failure) I’d keep him along next year even if we gave him a shot at playing #9.

anyways that dribble was written by Chammas who cannot stand The tigers and Madge so it’s most likely fluff - notice how it came out to take the spotlight off our win

Tigerm

First Grade
talk is brooks wont be here
Hard to say, but if you read the article in Fox NRL, no journo has put there name to it, it says "sports writers", so I think it bullshit? And there seem to be a few journo's on there who love sticking a knife into us.

Tiger05

First Grade
If Brooks goes before Mbye the club has made the wrong decision IMO

Mbye is much more useless than Brooks.
We can't get rid of Mbye. Brooks would get snapped up in the market place.

I agree with Speedy in that it'd be stupid to lose Brooks unless we know Hastings can perform. I'm hopeful Hastings will perform and I like Doueihi at 6. I'm fine with them fighting it out for the 7 and then the utility jumper.

I don't think anyone should compare Brooks to Mbye. It's our best player versus one of our shittest players.

I think the only guys I don't want to lose are Doueihi, Luc, Stef and Laurie. I'd even have Seyfarth up there as well. Brooks has been our best player this year but if we have a good backend to the season I reckon it will be built on the forwards going forward and Doueihi killing it.

I stood by brooksy up until the first six rounds. Then he lost me as a certainty. I think he’s recovered quite a bit though. Why he keeps kicking at fullbacks on the fifth is disconcerting.

Having said that, you don’t replace someone until you have someone better and a good recruiter is going to factor in injuries, suspensions and misadventure over the course of a players tenure.

I’ve done a bit of research on Hastings and I like what I see. Months and months of work went into signing him, he was very high on our wish list so the club thinks he’s ready and on the up.

With Brooks and Mbye gone, we might also be able to spare $650 to throw at Corey Norman as a back up or centre.

Corey is essentially decent threat, has a natural talent but needs to work on certain aspects of his game. I’d be looking at the esl as well.

You can see that Doogie wants to emulate Cody Walker at times. Practice makes perfect.

Tigerm

First Grade
I stood by brooksy up until the first six rounds. Then he lost me as a certainty. I think he’s recovered quite a bit though. Why he keeps kicking at fullbacks on the fifth is disconcerting.

Having said that, you don’t replace someone until you have someone better and a good recruiter is going to factor in injuries, suspensions and misadventure over the course of a players tenure.

I’ve done a bit of research on Hastings and I like what I see. Months and months of work went into signing him, he was very high on our wish list so the club thinks he’s ready and on the up.

With Brooks and Mbye gone, we might also be able to spare $650 to throw at Corey Norman as a back up or centre.

Corey is essentially decent threat, has a natural talent but needs to work on certain aspects of his game. I’d be looking at the esl as well.

You can see that Doogie wants to emulate Cody Walker at times. Practice makes perfect.
You’ve got to not drink and post at the same time😂😂😂

I don’t think Norman would be on our list.

stryker

First Grade

Give it up you moron, only you and Luke’s mum think he is our best player.

Tiger05

First Grade
You are his mum aren’t you?
The club doesn’t even agree 😂😂😂

Good comeback. There is a first time for everything.

You are still a f**ken idiot though. Stop speaking dribble, grow a set of nuts and admit you got it so very very wrong.