What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Dragons @ Jubilee Oval

Who will win? Round 18: Dragons v Wests Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our spine were good today,what a difference a quality hooker makes to a team in comparison to the rubbish dished up from others that have filled that position this season.
In regards to Saints it definitely was the time to play them after SOO,but you can only play whoever is in front of you and that’s not the WT fault,Saints are a good team but the Tigers deserved to win today.

Das Hassler

Bench
Our spine were good today,what a difference a quality hooker makes to a team in comparison to the rubbish dished up from others that have filled that position this season.
In regards to Saints it definitely was the time to play them after SOO,but you can only play whoever is in front of you and that’s not the WT fault,Saints are a good team but the Tigers deserved to win today.

Glad to have played against that side instead of one with 5 young guys relishing a chance to impress....fair to say McGregor blunded

Tiger Ted

Bench
You need to be held accountable for being a deadset troll. Every post i see from you is either bagging Cleary or whinging about the team.

We just beat the 2nd placed team in the comp. Does Cleary get credit for it or should he still be fired?
I admitted recently that I was harsh & have cut Cleary much slack re the kind of players he recruited.My main disagreement is to do with the concern of potentially being stuck with underperforming/highly paid players for 3 & 4yrs & the selections of Godinet & Taylor in the critical hooking role.Thankfully the prodigal son RF has returned home & has immediately fixed a major defect in our cog.

I want Cleary to have a successful tenure as much as any fan albeit I don’t like his chances with the roster he has at his disposal.Very pleasing & unexpected win at kogarah & saints have shown signs of a downwards trajectory for weeks & will likely finish in bottom part of 8.

Re my criticisms this season the evidence is overwhelming as to how inept we’ve been since Round 7 & lame efforts by the team especially overpaid recruits deserve objective critical comments.

Good luck to Cleary & the team & hopefully there’s more of today’s performance/result for the remainder of the season.

Btw I’ve never said Cleary should b fired.I said his tenure will end badly meaning we won’t ever play finals while he is coach.Im hoping he puts egg on my face re my prediction !

Vic Mackey

Referee
For 70 minutes we were completely dominant yet still nearly threw it away. Obviously happy with the win, I just don't know why we always do it the hard way.

Our forwards were great early. Anyone see the first set?

Matulino hitup
Packer hit up
Aloiai hit up
Taylor hit up
Lawrence hit up

Finally!! That's how footys supposed to be played!

Mbye is going to be a great signing. We still haven't worked out how to use him in the 20m but in The middle of the field he is a constant threat scheming around the forwards.

We didn't really have a bad player, Kev maybe, thought Sue and MCK really stepped up and Nofa showed how important he is.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Any win is a good win but they tried to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Corey Thompson, little champ - great legs tackle at the end.

As a few on here have said, we aren't THAT far off being a real good side. The problem for us has been that we've had a few players in the side that are that far off first grade they drag the rest of the team down.

MWZ is a prime example. I have no doubt that if he plays he doesn't score the try Corey scores and Dufty gets around him to probably score and win the game. Thompson is a very good player. Nofa is good. MWZ is garbage.

Hopefully we don't see plodders like him, Rochow, Godinet then Tui at 1 and ET at 9 EVER again

Tigers Tale

Juniors
What frustrates me most about this win is where was that effort when we played the Titans? Had we have had a real dig against them we'd have another two points in the bank and again be seriously thinking about the 8. Sadly I think this win was just another tease for us supporters.

Tigerm

First Grade
his out and out dumb 5th tackle attempted charge over straight into a bunch of defenders who read it before he even thought of it would have really stung...they effortlessly rolled him over in goal then had the chance to reset their defence for the last.
And we were now 10mts out with a bit more room to move on last tackle, a win / win I think. I've got a feeling he knows what he's doing.
I guess he will never do anything that will impress the haters.

Tiger05

First Grade
Not all who get frustrated by him are simply knockers...we were hanging on for grim death for the last 10 mins and were lucky to have got away with it ( thank you Cory Thompson)...Farah played well enough to be MOM but a former lomgterm SOO and premiership winning player SHOULD be able to play that well...if we had lost then his out and out dumb 5th tackle attempted charge over straight into a bunch of defenders who read it before he even thought of it would have really stung...they effortlessly rolled him over in goal then had the chance to reset their defence for the last. ...add to that the no hope last tackle dribble into the legs / handover near the end...both times while the halves who HAD a 100% strike rate at getting us repeat sets are standing out there waiting to do their job..it just make you want to scream as he's so much better than that as one of the highest paid and most experienced players out there. Smith would not have done it....Cook would not have done it..unfortunately Farah still does!
I'm glad he's in the 9.....he's giving it his all ...having an 80 min no. 9 with his workrate out there is HUGE ....he's made a big difference and will accelerate Liddle's progress.
Fair comments i think though the hardcore lovers may disagree ( insert smily faces etc here)

I agree. I've never rated Robbie as high as Benji because of the options that he takes at critical times like he did yesterday. Benji stuffs up just as much but it's more from going for a special play at the right time.

I mean he was great but why did he try that barge over on the 4th. It was just dumb.

Still he makes us a very different team. So does Benji. We now get two skilful players in critical positions.

Tiger05

First Grade
For 70 minutes we were completely dominant yet still nearly threw it away. Obviously happy with the win, I just don't know why we always do it the hard way.

Our forwards were great early. Anyone see the first set?

Matulino hitup
Packer hit up
Aloiai hit up
Taylor hit up
Lawrence hit up

Finally!! That's how footys supposed to be played!

Mbye is going to be a great signing. We still haven't worked out how to use him in the 20m but in The middle of the field he is a constant threat scheming around the forwards.

We didn't really have a bad player, Kev maybe, thought Sue and MCK really stepped up and Nofa showed how important he is.

Yeah - the forwards got us rolling at the start of the game but I still have concerns about our pack. Nofo is our best metre maker. Sue and Chee-Kam were our best forwards. Geez they were good. I'm concerned that they were our best though because I bet they are on 1/2 the dollars of our big recruits.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Chee-Kam and Sue were the best forwards yesterday but where has that form been the last 3 months?

Consistency is what the team has been lacking.. I've got a feeling that we will be wondering what might have been come September....

Need Twal back in the team pronto.. assume that he will take Lawrence's spot but not sure of how they will juggle that...

When is Fonua back? Assume Grub is gone for the year?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Chee-Kam and Sue were the best forwards yesterday but where has that form been the last 3 months?

Consistency is what the team has been lacking.. I've got a feeling that we will be wondering what might have been come September....

Need Twal back in the team pronto.. assume that he will take Lawrence's spot but not sure of how they will juggle that...

When is Fonua back? Assume Grub is gone for the year?

Can’t imagine Lawrence playing with his leg history. Hoping Aloiai is sweet so we just bring Twal in and start MCK for Chris.

Fonua estimated between round 23-25. Arm breaks are tricky, every one is different.

Grub was in a sling yesterday, obviously not a good sign

Latest posts