What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Rabbitohs @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 18: Wests Tigers v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When the rabbits were running riot down our RHS last night both Benji and Rowdy were found out due to their lack of speed which again reflected why the club doesn’t want to sign them and our lack of depth in the club,Is MCK on the outer or still out injured after that head knock earlier in the season,I thought he may have been a better option than Rowdy in the centre.

WA Tiger

Bench
I thought we were really good, Benji for his good play tonight overplayed his hand. Not gonna say it cost us the game,
That’s a surprise ...Brooks punch was childish and ill disciplined..., he didn’t do anything of substance just the usual nothing passes ..Without Benji we would have lost by 20....

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
That’s a surprise ...Brooks punch was childish and ill disciplined..., he didn’t do anything of substance just the usual nothing passes ..Without Benji we would have lost by 20....
Maybe be so, but great to see he had a crack. He has been a skilfull introvert for too long, shows a reasonable amount of confidence to put one on someone’s chops. As for Benji being the Messiah, you’re flat out wrong. The long ball he threw to Kepaoa cost us six points and a player in the end, which led to another six so now we’re behind by 8. Awesome, and that was his best game for a while. I’ll just remind you that in every game except 1 that Benji has played in the opposition has scored more than 20 points. You don’t win too many when you’re getting 20+ put on you every game. On a positive Luciano, was good last night.

Fordy20

Juniors
When the rabbits were running riot down our RHS last night both Benji and Rowdy were found out due to their lack of speed which again reflected why the club doesn’t want to sign them and our lack of depth in the club,Is MCK on the outer or still out injured after that head knock earlier in the season,I thought he may have been a better option than Rowdy in the centre.

Our season is over. This is why Rowdy and Benji are getting game time.

Tiger05

First Grade
Maybe be so, but great to see he had a crack. He has been a skilfull introvert for too long, shows a reasonable amount of confidence to put one on someone’s chops. As for Benji being the Messiah, you’re flat out wrong. The long ball he threw to Kepaoa cost us six points and a player in the end, which led to another six so now we’re behind by 8. Awesome, and that was his best game for a while. I’ll just remind you that in every game except 1 that Benji has played in the opposition has scored more than 20 points. You don’t win too many when you’re getting 20+ put on you every game. On a positive Luciano, was good last night.

Brooks was good for us out there. He should be a terrier half that just goes at teams all game. He is a Steve Mortimer type half.

Benji's good plays are awesome. He has a beautiful long pass. That pass to Kepaoa wasn't bad. It wasn't perfect though and a lot of his plays are like that. The margin for error is just too low and if it goes minutely wrong it's a big mistake. That kick on the 2nd tackle sums up why we have to move on. We just won't be a consistent team with those crunch mistakes along with his poor defense.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Brooks' kicking game was really poor last night. It really stood out next to A.Reynolds. I'm worried about Talau's lack of speed as well. I don't think he's a centre, too easy for his opposition to get on his outside & isolate the winger.

Tigerm

First Grade
Bearing in mind we lost 2 players in the afternoon before the game and 2 in the bin I thought we were ok, but that first 20 mins was just so poor, not sure why?

Whole heartedly agree re Garner a tiny bit like Chris L at his prime. But his defence at most times is appalling.

Though I think we have that covered next year and beyond , with Blore, Lucy & McIntyre.

Just watching the replay, that Burgess kick to the in goal killed us. Though we lost the game early in the first half.

Does anyone think Twal is still not right?

Last edited:

Tigers Tale

Juniors
We were a long way behind and the season on the line, someone had to try something. If Nofo was on left wing, we would have won the game easily in the end.

He gets blamed for a lot of things but Mbye cost us the win last night. All jokes aside if he was playing instead of Talau he would have certainly stopped Grahams last try due to his superior defence and when Talau did make the break Mbye would have had the speed and brain to set up the winger.... anyway history now.

Souths winger Dane Gagai and Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks are facing a two-match ban after being charged for striking during the melee involving players from both teams on Thursday night at Bankwest Stadium.

Each player has been handed a grade-one striking offence but can halve their suspension with an early guilty plea.

Tigers lock Alex Twal, who coincidentally was also sent to the sin bin for a professional foul a few minutes earlier, has been charged with grade-one dangerous contact for a 41st-minute incident involving Rabbitohs prop Mark Nicholls.

Twal is facing a one-match ban but can escape suspension with an early guilty plea.

So a new 6 or 7 next week.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Harry Grant is a fkn special kid. He plays like every game is game three for SOO.

I hope Cam Smith plays on and he back flips on the Storm. I know he said he is going back to the Storm regardless but that may have been a smokescreen just to keep the media quiet.... For now

Tigerm

First Grade
Harry Grant is a fkn special kid. He plays like every game is game three for SOO.

I hope Cam Smith plays on and he back flips on the Storm. I know he said he is going back to the Storm regardless but that may have been a smokescreen just to keep the media quiet.... For now
Having him and Liddle on at the same side has promise.

the beavers

Juniors
I know he is being moved on and is often maligned but e Taylor is a tough dude
I thought he had played pretty well then he gets heavily concussed with about 5 to go
Makes 2 or 3 more tackles before a turnover and it’s then very clear he is in a bad way
Some of that’s autopilot but a lot of it is tough
I always thought he was pretty good for the tigs over the years ESP for a small forward
Hope he finds a club

Tigerm

First Grade
I thought he had played pretty well then he gets heavily concussed with about 5 to go
Makes 2 or 3 more tackles before a turnover and it’s then very clear he is in a bad way
I always thought he was pretty good for the tigs over the years ESP for a small forward
Hope he finds a club
I agree with your sentiments, Is it confirmed he is Going?

Perth Tiger

Bench
Hope he finds a club
I haven’t been a fan of Taylor because I think the game has past him as a tacklebot lock that offers limited meters or attacking threat.

but one thing I have always admired is he always gave 100% of what he had whenever he got an opportunity. I don’t know if he will get another NRL chance but what ever he does in his future I sincerely hope he has nothing but success.