What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 19 vs Manly @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 19: Manly v Wests Tigers

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Wests Tigers 1-12

• Wests Tigers 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agree I’m over the twal hype train … solid bench prop is about his highest ceiling

I thought he would have shown a lot more this far into his career.
Me too, I was very happy early in the season when his defence was 1st class, no idea if it was the coaching staff but it looked like they tried to turn him into something he’s not, that is, a big prop who’s role it is to take the ball up on 1st, 2nd or 3rd tackle, problem is, he’s not big enough for that.

Happier if he returned with 50 + tackles a game, helped once in a six taking the ball up as long as the tackles hurt and the take up produced fast play the balls.

Tiger05

First Grade
I missed why Mbye isn’t playing?

Talau has to be shipped out fmd.

Talau needs massive work on his game but he should do it in reggies. The problem is we don't have anyone else. We bet on JTJ and BJ. I think it was a decent bet as well. It hasn't turned out at all.

Tiger05

First Grade
The difference was one team had rep players the other doesn't. We are lacking some outside backs who can tackle. Also forwards initial contact isn't good enough

We were no chance coming into this game. They are a quality team with one of the best players I've ever seen play the game. I reckon Tommy T is as good as Andrew Johns.

Our centres are terrible.

macnaz

Staff member
We need more MEN !
So let's reward last week's worst defensive player when it was very very plain to see he is the totally epitome of why we leak a ridiculous amount of points.
Pauga 14 missed tackles ..FMD!! I don't believe I've ever seen a single player with those horrible figures.. that's not including the ones he just outright refuses to even attempt.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hard to know what to take away from that game. In parts we were the better side, however our bad moments are terrible and we NEVER defend our errors. Although the defence was poor the worst part of the game was when we had 4 sets on the Manly line when up 12-10 and never looked like scoring. Then in true Tigers fashion copped 2 tries in 3 minutes.

Now Im not a refs fault type guy, and they didnt cost us the game, however some of those calls were diabolical. How the hell did Aloiai stay on the field?! Late, dog cannon ball shot and we lose a player for the game. Its the most blatant sin bin youll ever see. To make matters worse the ridiuclous NRL rules say even though it was foul play we couldnt use the 18th man because he wasnt sin binned/sent off!! WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL?

Its a totally different game if he goes off.

The forward pass for Nofas try. Really? After what weve seen this weekend alone and they call that up?!? He scores that and its an 8 point game with 20 to go. Instead they score 3 minutes later and its game over.

Then to make it even worse the no turn over on the Talau knock on (which he didnt get near).

Maybe these dud call stand out more for us because we arent a good enough team to defend them. Maybe the better teams get them to but defend them better so I dont notice. However after losing 2 forwards in the first 25 mins then copping those, a 22 point loss is probably a good result

Front-Rower

First Grade
We need more MEN !
So let's reward last week's worst defensive player when it was very very plain to see he is the totally epitome of why we leak a ridiculous amount of points.
Pauga 14 missed tackles ..FMD!! I don't believe I've ever seen a single player with those horrible figures.. that's not including the ones he just outright refuses to even attempt.
You look at the other forums and posters around here who say we need to drop Jimmy, BJ and *insert other player here* but it’s useless. The reserves really aren’t up to it. Madge knows this and it’s why he keeps picking those other guys.

When he does select those reserve graders (or is forced to) and they get found out such as Pauga, as you have rightly mentioned, the forums are still carrying on.

Vic Mackey

Referee
You look at the other forums and posters around here who say we need to drop Jimmy, BJ and *insert other player here* but it’s useless. The reserves really aren’t up to it. Madge knows this and it’s why he keeps picking those other guys.

When he does select those reserve graders (or is forced to) and they get found out such as Pauga, as you have rightly mentioned, the forums are still carrying on.

Pauga is shit, I have no idea why we even brought him down from QLD CUP. He looks like he might go alright with ball in hand however defence is atrocious.

Whilst we're on it Luciano has gone backwards at an alarming rate, if Garner didnt go down I'd be all for booting him next week.

Tigers1986

Juniors
I'm not sure to view this game. We had them on the ropes until the 35th minute, but the turning point was when we failed to crack their line with FOUR repeat sets, they get the ball and go down and score. That middle 20 minute period killed us.

Our forwards got tired, lazy and soft, with some of those tries just making me want to punch the wall (but due to me being tired from my jab, I lacked the effort). I was very pleased with Liddle and Brooks for a rare moment as well.

I love Luciano but I think he needs to ride the pine next week. A few shirt grabs and misreads led to big breaks. We did enough to limit the impact of turbo tonight which was very encouraging.

We're filled with some insight into 'fight' we can show against a top 4/5 side, but will roll over and be f**ked up by the Warriors who have checked out for the season after all they've been through. Realisitically we could win all of our remaining games. We'll struggle to win 3.

simmo05

Bench
Pauga is shit, I have no idea why we even brought him down from QLD CUP. He looks like he might go alright with ball in hand however defence is atrocious.

Whilst we're on it Luciano has gone backwards at an alarming rate, if Garner didnt go down I'd be all for booting him next week.
He is a spud. Him and his bro can piss off. He is like benchie, un does the good work in laying on 3 tries by letting in 7. A typical tigers pea heart who can't stomach the tough stuff

simmo05

Bench

Well when bj and the jet are your only options, well it might be time to look at yourself.

Our defence is an abomination and even you forget they are a fine side and Des has them pumping, our resilience is 30- 35%.

There was a kind of fightback in there, some grime at the bottom of the barrel to lick when we need a drink and that’s it.

If you could instill the drive and determination of some of the cellar dwellers into our guys, we’d be going much better.

Whispers about Flanagan circling as the Madge dream disintegrates and we need sheens in person.

No offence to Madge, we must have bought every player who has a unique deafness to his instructions. Some kind of medical condition. Will they listen to other coaches.

JA is a complete dog. I’m glad he’s gone. I hope he’s out for a month and they lose every game.

There’s no finals for another three years after tonight.

I hope all those rioting pricks catch co vid. We should have had every cop in Sydney belting them and I’m not a snitch either. Arrest them for being stupid flogs.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Okay I never expected us to win but how hard is it to give it your all? There’s plenty of plodders in the team that just look happy to be there.
Like taliis said a little while ago, lots of blokes happy to play footy and get into clubs first and mooch drinks etc and use the name and $$$ to root birds. Can you imagine if we paid 80k a year and the rest was based on wining. That would sort the workers from the bludgers.