What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 19 vs Rabbitohs @ Barlow Park

Who will win? Round 19: Rabbitohs v Cowboys

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 19
South Sydney Rabbitohs v North Queensland Cowboys
Barlow Park, Cairns (TICKETS)
Sunday 16 July 2017

Gates 1:40pm / Outback Cup GF 1:45pm / NRL 4pm

SOU-17teamlist.jpg

1. Cody Walker 2. Alex Johnston 3. Bryson Goodwin 4. Robert Jennings 5. Aaron Gray 6. John Sutton 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Thomas Burgess 9. Robbie Farah 10. David Tyrrell 11. Tyrell Fuimaono 12. Angus Crichton 13. Sam Burgess
Interchange: 14. Damien Cook 15. Jason Clark 16. Zane Musgrove 17. George Burgess 18. Anthony Cherrington 19. Kyle Turner 20. Jack Gosiewski 22. Cameron Murray

NQL-17teamlist.jpg

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Michael Morgan 8. John Asiata 9. Jake Granville 10. Scott Bolton 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Ethan Lowe 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Ben Hampton 15. Coen Hess 16. Shaun Fensom 17. Corey Jensen 18. Patrick Mago 19. Kyle Laybutt 20. Kalyn Ponga 21. Braeden Uele

LU_TeamPanel_REF-Yellow.jpg

Referees: Gavin Badger, Jon Stone
Sideline Officials: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski, Michael Wise
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Jared Maxwell

NYC - Sat 1pm at Redfern Oval

ISP (Rabbitohs) - Norths host Mounties (Raiders) at NSO, Sun 3pm

ISC (Cowboys) - Townsville v Pride at Jack Manski, Sat 6pm
Mackay host Capras (Titans) at BB Print Stadium, Sat 6pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

Liberate Souths

Juniors
The bunnies are facing another catastrophe as they try to find a balance between their 2012 powergame and general incompetency of our backs.

With no hope left for the season and next year, the game presents as an opportunity for Souths to blood as many juniors and bears players as possible, but instead the coaching staff have gone for another "try and die" approach. The old excuse book is out already. There is a bookmark from a round in 2015 we can use again like they do with horoscopes in the newspapers.

Regrettably there are probably about 8 bunnies players who are not at nrl standard at the moment and only 2 that are peaking.

The cowboys will know that renno never runs at the line, sutto is too slow, Cody wanted out of Souths, Goodwin and Tyrell have been betrayed, Jennings is too young and on it goes.

They can expect interchanges to be made at the worst possible time unless we are losing 12 nil after 10 minutes.

Execution will be poor with a number of handling errors and missed tackles. Souths will lose the possession battle too.

My fave cowboy at the moment would be Morgan who is simply breathtaking in his application to all facets of the modern game. Some of his passes this year have been perfect to the sub-atomic scale. He is the most underrated player in the game by about the distance between the earth and the sun.

Kylie feldt, who is the cats whiskers of wingers. I would have preferred to recruit him over my friend Dane anyday. He's worth the price of admission on his own. Wonderful player, it lifts the soul and spirit to watch him play.,

Linnette on a good day can outplay Morgan.

Granville is a natural destroyer of Souths. He lifts 300% playing us and has destroyed us single handedly in the past. I wish he wasn't playing.

The $10m guy, well not as dominant as previously but still a freak player with no fear.

The only suspect player for the cows is tia Maria and that's due to residual injury worries.

The cows have state of origin players on their bench and that shows the enormous depth and wealth of talent at their disposal. In turn due to excellent managers and recruiting staff.

Green will play with Souths, get us thinking it will be wrestle and then unleash the hell. Bodies in motion, options, kicks, second phase and so forth. Souths will run one-out for 76 minutes and a kick on the fifth.

The score could be anything. If the cows click, it could be by at least 30.

My only criticism of the cows selections is that they have nominated a side that is too strong and powerful and therefore placing key players at risk. They will easily win this match with a second tier and a couple of rookies.

And the nice thing for the cows, a special and important point is that jt is no longer mandatory. They have more than enough love in the players to trounce most sides without him.

With all the tributes and jt fest, let's not forget he has made a few mistakes in his personal life. But he's owned up and is probably the best ambassador for the game of all time.

All the legends and self flogging immortals pale into insignificance against a Thurston giving a disabled or geniused kid a tee, jersey or helmet. Such unselfishness is awe inspiring. He knows love and respect is worth more than any momento etc

"Game off " I suppose. Let's see how I go...if I made a mistake above, then I was too kind to Souths with the current state of denial and raw prawning at the club at the moment. Very sad.

If reggie rabbit could talk, he'd be begging to stay at home under a meadow- anywhere but at the game.

Last edited:

Liberate Souths

Juniors
It's important to throw in a few skerricky twisters to get the readers pulses racing. I just hope it's over after the first 15 so I don't have any false hopes of us holding out and losing it in the second half. That would be too much.

Still some of the Souths forum mods here on lu will look you in the eye and tell you we still have a football side and a club worth supporting.

If you disagree with the collective denial going on down there you may get vilified and put in the troll cave.

And us patriots become forum-less. Refugees of threads, friends of the forums

Make no mistake, South Sydney are a club in complete turmoil.

A complete and utter basket case.

But if you dare speak out, you get smashed.

Worse than North Korea.

It gives me no pleasure to dump on the klub I've been supporting for decades, but if they want treat fans and members like garbage, thence so be it.

Richo to down 5 pineapple donuts at half time and a medium chocolate thick shake.

Last edited:

Liberate Souths

Juniors
There you go, you read it all here on LU way before kickoff.

In particular:

1. Granville man of match.
2. Souths handling errors
3. Comfortable win, was not a genuine contest
4. Souths attack useless
5. Kylie field day.
6 some Tammy love

The only error I made was that the score was a bit closer than expected. In part due to post origin quiet game for the cows.