What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 19 vs Storm @ Sunshine Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 19: Storm v Wests Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 19
Melbourne Storm v Wests Tigers
Sunshine Coast Stadium, Kawana Waters
Saturday 19 September 2020

Kickoff 5:30pm - Fox

TL-MEL20a.png

1. Nicholas Hynes 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Brenko Lee 4. Justin Olam 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Christian Welch 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
Interchange: 14. Ryley Jacks 15. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui 16. Tom Eisenhuth 17. Tui Kamikamica 18. Brandon Smith 19. Isaac Lumelume 20. Max King 21. Paul Momirovski

TL-WST20a.png

1. Adam Doueihi 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Joseph Leilua 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Asu Kepaoa 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Benji Marshall 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Harry Grant 10. Thomas Mikaele 11. Sam McIntyre 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Alex Twal
Interchange: 14. Zane Musgrove 15. Matt Eisenhuth 16. Russell Packer 17. Luke Garner 18. Tommy Talau 19. Michael Chee-Kam 20. Jock Madden 21. Jacob Liddle

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Peter Gough
Video Referees: Ashley Klein

Last edited by a moderator:

Fordy20

Juniors
With BJ and Mbye out last week, it was a pretty different team. Now that the even the mathematical chances of making the finals are gone, I wonder if we'll see more changes like Madden or Doueihi in the halves or Bradley on the wing.

WA Tiger

Bench
With BJ and Mbye out last week, it was a pretty different team. Now that the even the mathematical chances of making the finals are gone, I wonder if we'll see more changes like Madden or Doueihi in the halves or Bradley on the wing.
I don’t think Madge has the courage to drop Benji or the brains to drop Brookes ..If the only way the team can relax and play to their potential is by being 20 points down or out of contention then we may be entertained..it seems Madge can’t create that state

We always seem to worry the storm

they’re virtually assured 2nd so wouldn’t surprise if Bellamy rests a couple

certainly not saying we’ll win, but we’ve surprised them many times before
Always when Benji played as well. They lost a few close ones when Moses played but last couple of years were close again.
2019 22-24 loss
2018 10-8 win & 11-10 win

I remember a cold winter night at Leichhardt when it was a big win, must have been 8 years ago or more.

Adam Doeuihi sees himself as a No.6 but might have to wait until next season to get his wish as the Wests Tigers look set to recall Josh Reynolds for this week's trip to Melbourne.

Tigers fans will be split over who should replace the suspended Luke Brooks in the halves alongside Benji Marshall for Saturday's game. Reynolds, Doueihi and even rookie Jock Madden all have supporters.

Madden is no chance of being given a debut against a tough opponent like the Storm, so Reynolds appears the front-runner, despite some club greats last week hoping he would be overlooked for the rest of the year because of his Brookvale Oval walkout.

Doueihi said he would love to play five-eighth after being tried at fullback and, more recently, in the centres.

The 22-year-old was being groomed for Cody Walker's No.6 jersey at South Sydney over the summer until the club decided to re-sign Walker. He was then told to prepare for fullback before they signed Latrell Mitchell.

"I still like playing five-eighth, I played all my junior footy and under 20s in the halves,'' Doueihi said. "Long term, I'd like to see myself there but it's up to 'Madge' [Tigers coach Michael Maguire] where he sees me.

"We've also got Jock Madden coming up. I'm not sure if he's going to get a run [on Saturday] but if Madge gives me the No.6 or No.7 jersey, I'll definitely take it with both hands.''

At one stage last summer, Doueihi was linked to the Storm, only for the powerhouse club to baulk at the huge money he was on at Souths.

The chance to play alongside departing Tigers legend Marshall clearly had appeal.

"He's a freak of a player ... he's just an amazing bloke to play with,'' Doueihi said.

"He's a big leader in this club obviously. We have a young squad and we don't have much experience, for him to be around the boys at training and in the game ... he's a big name, has an aura about him around the club, loves the Tigers and you can see he's still got some footy in him.

"I think it helps [having someone with that aura], especially at our club. We're a young squad, not many boys have played finals footy or many first-grade games, so a big name does help us out.''

As for his first season at the Tigers, Doueihi said: "I'm happy with how I'm travelling. I've had a few niggles with the longer season and no byes this year. Everyone is carrying niggles now so you can't do many extras on the paddock at training, which is a bit disappointing.

"There's stuff I have to work on. It will be a big off-season for me to pick my speed up, get strong in the gym, get my endurance up. I haven't really done a pre-season. I've had surgeries the past few and the World Cup in [2017], so I'm looking forward to a really good pre-season next year and working on some things to fix up my game.''
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-...eihi-eyes-benji-s-jumper-20200914-p55via.html

Tigerm

First Grade
I wonder what side Madge will take to the game? I would rest both Benji and Chris to ensure they are right for their last game, next week.
With the season all but over it would be good to try a few different combinations.
Manly & Titans play each other this week, so our grip on 9th will be gone, unless we win against Storm?
Only thing left is if we can knock the Eels off the following week.

WA Tiger

Bench
I wonder what side Madge will take to the game? I would rest both Benji and Chris to ensure they are right for their last game, next week.
With the season all but over it would be good to try a few different combinations.
Manly & Titans play each other this week, so our grip on 9th will be gone, unless we win against Storm?
Only thing left is if we can knock the Eels off the following week.
We will finish 9th no risk of not

Das Hassler

Bench
I wonder if this is true...hopefully we didn't pay overs for him

I'm starting to see something emerging in Doueihi that's very "Stormlike" ...a determination and self belief in every play ...he doesn't give up at all. I was doubtful for most of this season with him figuring things out at FB but i'm now fairly convinced we may have someone quite special here....a recent interview re-enforced that impression.
I may be wrong...but now and again i am wrong about being wrong

Tiger05

First Grade
@Das Hassler - he seems tough with a will to win. He also seems like he can come up with big plays when we need them. I want to see us give him a chance to stay in one position for a bit though because he has flaws in his game. His defense at centre was terrible.

Perth Tiger

Bench
@Das Hassler - he seems tough with a will to win. He also seems like he can come up with big plays when we need them. I want to see us give him a chance to stay in one position for a bit though because he has flaws in his game. His defense at centre was terrible.
You are right, we have to be careful we don't Mbyeify him by moving him around so much that he cant develop those little necessary skills to excel in one position

Tiger Ted

Bench
I'm starting to see something emerging in Doueihi that's very "Stormlike" ...a determination and self belief in every play ...he doesn't give up at all. I was doubtful for most of this season with him figuring things out at FB but i'm now fairly convinced we may have someone quite special here....a recent interview re-enforced that impression.
I may be wrong...but now and again i am wrong about being wrong
Das ur not wrong re AD.He is a quality kid who is an intelligent footballer.I firmly believe he will b a fabulous long term 5/8 for us & a potential captain.

Choiboi

Juniors
FB_IMG_1600151082924.jpg

Jeynolds in for brooks
Musgrove is back
Packer is in but Liddle is out, interesting selection..
Jock Madden in reserves, can't see Madge sending him in against the Storm, it might wreck his confidence if he has a bad debut..

Tiger05

First Grade
I like the team. Give Reynolds, Musgrove and Packer a go. Sam M gets a chance in the second row. I don't think we will win but it doesn't matter for this season.