What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 19 vs Sydney @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 19: Newcastle v Sydney

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Sydney Roosters 1-12

• Sydney Roosters 13+

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom155

Coach
AOB is 100% pointing to losing Ponga & that little run of momentum when the the game was over in the press conference

Guaranteed

Apey

Staff member
I said to my mate at 2 - 0 it'd end up 30 - 2. Close. Left when it got to 26 - 2 or whatever it was. We had 0 chance the moment Ponga was ruled out.

Bartwah

Juniors
If AOB blames that loss on Ponga’s HIA and not the other 16 pea hearts, hand on heart I will be handing in my membership. What’s another expensive hobby that’s going to give me less of the shits? Willing to hear suggestions

perverse

Referee
Something very wrong with this club and I suspect it goes higher than AOB.
It never changes, regardless of who is running the place. Regardless of who is coach, who takes the field. It's the same shit. It's a shared culture of total failure passed down generation to generation.

Brian Smith and Brownie had the right idea. Flush the joint out and start from scratch. Sadly, both of their good work has been undone by the successors.

Knight76

Juniors
It never changes, regardless of who is running the place. Regardless of who is coach, who takes the field. It's the same shit. It's a shared culture of total failure passed down generation to generation.

Brian Smith and Brownie had the right idea. Flush the joint out and start from scratch. Sadly, both of their good work has been undone by the successors.

Even new ownership hasn't made a dent.

Where is it coming from.

Coach can't be the cause. Is it coming from the old support staff around the club that are sniping and bringing it all down?

Fire the lot and start from scratch.

perverse

Referee
Even new ownership hasn't made a dent.

Where is it coming from.

Coach can't be the cause. Is it coming from the old support staff around the club that are sniping and bringing it all down?

Fire the lot and start from scratch.
It's cultural. It's passed down from the old as the new come in... then they become the old and pass it onto the next ones... etc, etc. It happens at the staff level and the player level.

Jono078

Referee

How can we have it change?

Wests are in charge for a long time to come I imagine.

Is it a matter of Gardner handing the keys over to someone with footy smarts and hiring entirely new staff from top to bottom. Then a new coach who really makes a player earn their contract while also hoping we do produce some quality young players.

It's very depressing to think about.

Then I also look at the Cowboys and Broncos and think they've been able to turn things around fairly quickly with a new coach (along with Ben Ikin in Brisbane).

That's one of the reasons I've reckoned Gardner needs to go.
It shakes it up and the structure starts from the top down. He has too much control.
Let Wests put someone else on the Board to handle the pokies. There are certainly other Board members who aren't as involved in football decisions.
From there let AOB go as well.

Latest posts