What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 19 vs Sydney @ Sunshine Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 19: Sydney v Newcastle

• Sydney Roosters 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Sydney Roosters 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 19
Sydney Roosters v Newcastle Knights
Sunshine Coast Stadium, Kawana Waters (TICKETS)
Friday 23 July 2021

NRL kickoff 6:00pm

SYDNEY-2021.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Billy Smith 4. Joseph Manu 5. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Drew Hutchison 7. Sam Walker 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Sam Verrills 10. Isaac Liu 11. Angus Crichton 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Victor Radley
Interchange: 14. Lachlan Lam 15. Nat Butcher 16. Egan Butcher 17. Siosiua Taukeiaho 18. Adam Keighran 19. Fletcher Baker 20. Josh Morris 21. Ben Thomas

NEWCASTLE-2021.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Dominic Young 3. Kurt Mann 4. Enari Tuala 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Jake Clifford 7. Phoenix Crossland 8. Jacob Saifiti 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Connor Watson
Interchange: 14. Sauaso Sue 15. David Klemmer 16. Josh King 17. Brodie Jones 18. Jack Johns 19. Simi Sasagi 20. Tex Hoy 21. Lachlan Fitzgibbon

BvW7aru.png

Referees: Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Kasey Badger, Todd Smith
Video Referees: Ashley Klein

No NSW Cup games for Norths (Roosters feeder) or Newcastle.​

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
Clearly we're coming off a really demoralizing loss and coming up against one of the best clubs in the competition. In all seriousness, if we get all our lads back, I think we can sneak a win. Even if one of the key spine guys are out, we will lose by a ton. I believe this is what AOB is also currently thinking.

ryana87

Juniors
In all fairness..... We should welcome back Pearce, Dsaf, Best and Sue this week, with Klem and Ponga back.

Toohey is reporting that Fitz and young might be dropped with Toa playing and Jones taking Fitz's spot and Sue on the bench.

Jsaf playing with a bit of a ankle problem at the moment.... So you would think he might come off the bench and Klem start

Jono078

Referee
Toohey is reporting that Fitz and young might be dropped with Toa playing and Jones taking Fitz's spot and Sue on the bench.
Wow that would be huge and a first for AOB, dropping a regular from the team for not being up to scratch and rewarding someone who has gone above expectations.

Quietly confident thinking we can get a win here. It's just about must win territory I think too. To get our confidence back and beat a team like the Roosters.

Yosh

Coach
I'm okay with Young being dropped for To'a. Can't expect a rookie to play week in week out and perform. I think it's better for Young's development to get some rest.

Fitzy for Jones is what everyone in Newcastle has been calling for. Great news.

PhilGould

Bench
1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Dom Young
3. Kurt Mann
4. Enari Tuala
5. Hymel Hunt
6. Jake Clifford
7. Phoenix Crossland
8. Jacob Saifiti
9. Jayden Brailey (C)
10. Daniel Saifiti (C)
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Mitch Barnett
13. Connor Watson

14. Sauaso Sue
15. David Klemmer
16. Josh King
17. Brodie Jones

18. Jack Johns
19. Simi Sasagi
20. Tex Hoy
21. Lachlan Fitzgibbon

Zoidberg

First Grade
1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Dom Young
3. Kurt Mann
4. Enari Tuala
5. Hymel Hunt
6. Jake Clifford
7. Phoenix Crossland
8. Jacob Saifiti
9. Jayden Brailey (C)
10. Daniel Saifiti (C)
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Mitch Barnett
13. Connor Watson

14. Sauaso Sue
15. David Klemmer
16. Josh King
17. Brodie Jones

18. Jack Johns
19. Simi Sasagi
20. Tex Hoy
21. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
No real x-factor off the bench like Watson but it’s not a bad side.

Yosh

Coach
Barnett has been average at best this season. Wonder why he hasn't been at his best this season. Hopefully he can step up his form and start dominating during our finals run.

Good to see Watson start. Offers something different from the get go. If he starts on a regular basis, he will sign that extension immediately right?

Jono078

Referee
So much for To'a coming in.

Probably last chance for Dom though, needs to have a really solid error-free game.

Don't like Lachlan on the extended squad either... Just get a feeling he'll find a way into the 17 somehow.

Burwood

Bench
So much for To'a coming in.

Probably last chance for Dom though, needs to have a really solid error-free game.

Don't like Lachlan on the extended squad either... Just get a feeling he'll find a way into the 17 somehow.

Also get the feeling Walker will be throwing rainbow passes and catching out Young on several occasions.

But on a positive note, with Mann in the side, we’ll be able to counter Walker’s rainbow passes with hospital passes.

Jono078

Referee
AOB has been copping a hammering for his post-game conference and using the disruptive week as an excuse.

But NRL also showed this little graphic... Our last 10 games against the Roosters. Brace yourselves, expect the worst and you can't be disappointed.

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 5.15.55 pm.png

perverse

Referee
I don't think the Roosters form against us in the past is why we'll lose, and probably soundly again. I think it's primarily because Pearce is having another week off. I don't know if anyone has noticed yet, but we kinda suck a lot more ass without him on the field.

Shaking that monkey off our back is way more important than our past history. Someone has to step up and own this team, especially because there's going to be a time in a season or two when he's not there anymore. Then what?