What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Knights @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 2: Wests Tigers v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 2
Wests Tigers v Newcastle Knights
Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield
Sunday 22 March 2020

NRL kickoff 4:05pm

TL-WST20.png

1. Corey Thompson 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Joseph Leilua 4. Adam Doueihi 5. Robert Jennings 6. Benji Marshall 7. Josh Reynolds 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Billy Walters 10. Alex Twal 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Thomas Mikaele 15. Paul Momirovski 16. Zane Musgrove 17. Chris Lawrence 18. Michael Chee-Kam 19. Oliver Clark 20. Matt Eisenhuth 21. Tommy Talau

TL-NEW20.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Edrick Lee 3. Enari Tuala 4. Gehamat Shibasaki 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Kurt Mann 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Herman Ese'ese
Interchange: 14. Connor Watson 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Tim Glasby 17. Aidan Guerra 18. Pasami Saulo 19. Starford To'a 20. Mason Lino 21. Sione Mata'utia

LX8QAPo.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Rickey McFarlane, Liam Kennedy
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Galea

Lower Grades
Wests Tigers v Knights @ Campbelltown
NSWRL U20 Jersey Flegg Cup, Sat 3pm
Magpies v Knights @ Leichhardt
NSWRL Canterbury Cup, Sun 1:40pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiger05

First Grade
Going forward there needs to be a game to be cancelled option when it comes to picking the score.

Tigers4ever

Juniors
Walters has to keep his spot. For his first game in the middle in first grade, he’s a solid Little defender. Great service out of dummy half.

cerberus

Coach
AD to fullback, Thompson to wing and Jennings to CC.

hopefully Harry Grant to hooker as well
i like walter's enough to give him another shot.
benji just nullified picking momo as a necessity with that kicking display .

newcastle won't murder 5 chances likes saints did
how good is having football back

Perth Tiger

Bench
i like walter's enough to give him another shot.
benji just nullified picking momo as a necessity with that kicking display .

newcastle won't murder 5 chances likes saints did
how good is having football back
Agreed Walters did his job, happy for him to keep his spot, but at this stage Harry Grant is an upgrade if the swap happens.

Vic Mackey

Referee
AD to fullback, Thompson to wing and Jennings to CC.

hopefully Harry Grant to hooker as well

Agreed. Need some changes to the side if we’re to win again, unlikely another team we play this year blows 4 certain tries. No Brooks will come back to us at some stage and at crowdless Leichhardt is the likely place.

Matty Johns said tonight that he’s heard Harry Grant will be at Wests this week, I for one hope it’s true

I’m not a fan of all of this Newcastle side at all, and at full strength think we get them comfortably but missing Brooks brings them right up to us.

cerberus

Coach
Agreed. Need some changes to the side if we’re to win again, unlikely another team we play this year blows 4 certain tries. No Brooks will come back to us at some stage and at crowdless Leichhardt is the likely place.

Matty Johns said tonight that he’s heard Harry Grant will be at Wests this week, I for one hope it’s true

I’m not a fan of all of this Newcastle side at all, and at full strength think we get them comfortably but missing Brooks brings them right up to us.
the plus side is week 5 at cumberland oval empty and possibly week 13 .
the ww1 spanish flu graphs tells us it's 4 months before this settles down

WA Tiger

Bench
Troops etc were always on the move with that one so prob zero containment ..but 4 months good info

Tiger05

First Grade
Us by 12 with JR MOM

I take it you haven't been watching the guy. He puts his body on the line but his skill level is about as good as some of the forum members on here. If we get Grant I can't see him making the top team. If Brooks comes back he may struggle as well.

It's pretty clear the guy is past it. I suppose Benji still looks great and JR could have a form reversal but the odds of that happening are extremely low.

axl rose

Bench
Yes and that's a conservative estimate if you listen to experts. Good old NRL will listen to Uncle Wayne though instead.

Anyway we will beat Knights as Ponga and Pearce rarely have good games back to back.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
I take it you haven't been watching the guy. He puts his body on the line but his skill level is about as good as some of the forum members on here. If we get Grant I can't see him making the top team. If Brooks comes back he may struggle as well.

It's pretty clear the guy is past it. I suppose Benji still looks great and JR could have a form reversal but the odds of that happening are extremely low.
You do realise we are talking about next weeks game only and after last night, I would be expecting that he will play. I thought he went OK.

BTW, you haven't put your balls on the line about the up coming game;)?

WA Tiger

Bench

i take it u missed the kick on their line by JR to AD ..That was accuracy beyond normal because it wasn’t a big kick .I think AD caught it but couldn’t ground it. Josh has got plenty more kicks like that up his sleeve too ..I loved his trying to put them off their game too just taking no shit and giving plenty..I’ll take Madge’s word over yours

Last edited: