What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Panthers @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 2: Knights v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penrith Panthers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 2
Newcastle Knights v Penrith Panthers
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Saturday 23 March 2019

Gates 3pm / Canterbury Cup 3:15pm / NRL 5:30pm

TL-NEW19.png

1. Connor Watson 2. Edrick Lee 3. Hymel Hunt 4. Jesse Ramien 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 6. Kalyn Ponga 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Danny Levi 10. James Gavet 12. Sione Mata'utia 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Tim Glasby
Interchange: 14. Kurt Mann 15. Aidan Guerra 16. Mitchell Barnett 17. Herman Ese'ese 18. Josh King 19. Jamie Buhrer 20. Mason Lino 21. Brodie Jones

TL-PEN20.png

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Josh Mansour 3. Dean Whare 4. Waqa Blake 5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 6. James Maloney 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Sione Katoa 10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 11. James Fisher-Harris 12. Isaah Yeo 13. Hame Sele
Interchange: 14. Wayde Egan 15. Frank Winterstein 16. Moses Leota 17. Jack Hetherington 18. Jarome Luai 19. Tim Grant 20. Liam Martin 21. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak

xoKyYW1.png

Referees: Dave Munro, Chris Sutton
Sideline Officials: Nick Morel, Rickey McFarlane
Video Referees: Henry Perenara, Beau Scott

Feeder club info
Knights feeder clubs: Newcastle Knights (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup, U20 Jersey Flegg, U18 SG Ball Cup, U16 Harold Matthews Cup)
Panthers feeder clubs: Penrith Panthers (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup, U20 Jersey Flegg, U18 SG Ball Cup, U16 Harold Matthews Cup)
Draws available at http://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Vision

First Grade
I'm expecting a different Panthers, they'll be fired up, but I'm also expecting us to improve - particularly our attack which look directionless at times this week.Pearcy will rise for this game playing opposite Cleary- Knights by 4.....

Swarzey

Bench
If we're deadset about our defence and making the top 8, Hunter Stadium should be a fortress and with a 5:30pm Saturday game, it should be packed. That attitude and that culture should be the difference; we should put them away but I'm not sure what to expect after Penrith's horrid effort yesterday.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Thing is this is usually a stumble game for us. Over the last decade or so we’ve had a habit of backing up a gritty win with a putrid performance the next week and we’re also an absolute special to lose to a team who is fired up after a loss so I don’t want to feel too confident until we start to consistently beat good teams.

All that being said this is a very different playing group now and a lot of these guys have come from successful clubs so if we’re ever going to buck the old trends it is now. Penrith will be a lot better than last week though and we will need to be better too.

Spot On

Coach
If we're deadset about our defence and making the top 8, Hunter Stadium should be a fortress and with a 5:30pm Saturday game, it should be packed. That attitude and that culture should be the difference; we should put them away but I'm not sure what to expect after Penrith's horrid effort yesterday.

Re our defence ... Sharks blew a few chances and Edrick shut down a few more. Obviously there is still plenty to work on.

Looking forward to seeing how we improve this week.

slotmachine

First Grade
If we deny the Panthers field position like we did the Sharks we'll get this one. Life is a whole lot easier when the opposition isn't camped in your 20. Slightly suspect edge defence in mid-field only leads to half breaks, not tries.

Burwood

Bench
Who cares if the panthers are below par like last week or are fired up? We finally have a team on paper that can win regardless of whether or not the opposition turn up! All we need is for the boys to worry about their own game and the results will keep coming.

Yosh

Coach
I can understand why people are worried but this side is now led by Pearce and Klemmer. I doubt they would let the team give any less than 150% out there. I expect us to win by 20.

PhilGould

Bench
1. Connor Watson
2. Edrick Lee
3. Hymel Hunt
4. Jesse Ramien
5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6. Kalyn Ponga
7. Mitchell Pearce (C)
8. David Klemmer
9. Danny Levi
10. James Gavet
11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12. Sione Mata'utia
13. Tim Glasby

14. Kurt Mann
15. Aidan Guerra
16. Mitch Barnett
17. Herman Ese'ese

18. Josh King
19. Jamie Buhrer
20. Mason Lino
21. Brodie Jones

Silent Knight

First Grade
We need to get the Saifiti twins and the Soul Man back soon because I don't like the look of our depth outside of the top 17. Josh King is #18 ugh.

In saying that, it's a really strong 17. I think we can absorb the Riff that will be thrown at us.

If our defence and hit-ups are as good as last game that will lay the foundation for a win.
Our attack and structure will develop

Knight76

Juniors
I reckon if our forwards play like they did last week we will make inroads down the field against their pack.

If our forwards play like they did last week we should take the game.

Keep em away from our 20 as much as possible and limit their time attacking our line. Discipline with penalties and controlling the footy.

Luckily they have Maloney who can be relied on for a few penalties per game.

Latest posts