What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Warriors @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 2: Wests Tigers v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
2 games make up for years of sh*t?

We have posters on this forum calling Cleary an imposter, Taylor a worthless sack etc etc yet these two and Potter and all had the same line of thinking, move Farah on or be cautious with him. It’s like the Balmain fans don’t give a stiff stuff about winning, only their good bloke juniors.

Cleary wanted him here desperately.

I'm from the Balmain side and I would prefer Liddle in the team. So far this year Robbie has been one of if not the best player in the comp.

I'm not sold on signing him for another season but on a small contract why not. We do need some more depth at hooker and I want to see Liddle get a chance but if Robbie keeps playing like he has been he is worth retaining.

Lastly Taylor killed us. He just stuffed the team up. Robbie was overpaid based on his performances and we needed to somehow manage his contract but it was terrible cap and man management by Taylor.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Champions win games, make semi finals, make grand finals, win comps. Outside of 2005 can’t really say much. But then again, coming from Cronulla you probably think Gallen is the best thing since sliced bread.
be angry at me for being a poor judge of a footy player. go hard

Das Hassler

Bench
Sorry champ I don’t, I’m not a hatter, you sound like one, guess what, get on you’re knees champ and have a suck that will be the best thing you will ever do in you’re life, hey il volunteer to be standing in front if you know what I mean champ

How about easing it up.pal...this place has been free of this kind of nonsense for a long-time. ...whether you are or not you're just making yourself sound like an idiot 15 year old

Perth Tiger

Bench
Lastly Taylor killed us. He just stuffed the team up. Robbie was overpaid based on his performances and we needed to somehow manage his contract but it was terrible cap and man management by Taylor.

How many times do you need to be told that it was back ended contracts that was the issue, not being overpaid!

trevcogger

Juniors

We have posters on this forum calling Cleary an imposter, Taylor a worthless sack etc etc yet these two and Potter and all had the same line of thinking, move Farah on or be cautious with him. It’s like the Balmain fans don’t give a stiff stuff about winning, only their good bloke juniors.

From what im seeing Farah is super fit...Look at those arms for gods sake.
I think he realises its his last year,and also Maguire is a tougher coach than both chin Cleary and big-nose Taylor....Its a blessing we got a guy like Madge....Very lucky indeed.
But id prefer this be his last year and we try to sign that youngest Brailey from the Sharks.
Question: Front Rower....
So who would you have in his his place RIGHT NOW Round 3?
Liddle is injured as usual,and please dont say ET....So who????

Vic Mackey

Referee
To be fair I thought Farah’s was very hot and cold last year. He was great in the wins against Saints and Souths, however in our losses v Dogs and Saints he was horrible and his selfish style of play in the 20m zone went a long was to us losing those games.

This year he was poor in the trial and 1st half v Manly. Since then his next 3 halves of footy have been phenomenal, his game against NZ would probably be one of his best he’s ever played for us and at 35 that’s massive.

Hopefully he continues this and can bow out how in good form on his own terms.

Tiger05

First Grade
To be fair I thought Farah’s was very hot and cold last year. He was great in the wins against Saints and Souths, however in our losses v Dogs and Saints he was horrible and his selfish style of play in the 20m zone went a long was to us losing those games.

This year he was poor in the trial and 1st half v Manly. Since then his next 3 halves of footy have been phenomenal, his game against NZ would probably be one of his best he’s ever played for us and at 35 that’s massive.

This is exactly how I see it as well. He can be great but because he has the tendency to hog it when he has a bad game it's terrible. If he isn't in form he should realise that and just try and get other players more involved. Unfortunately it's like he tries to play himself into form and loses us games.

Perth Tiger

Bench

This week will probably tell a lot about Farah for the year. You would think the Dogs would be on red alert every time Farah is at dummy half near the line for the short side pass or kick.

He should really be faking going himself and feeding Brooks this week but if he goes for the same plays and the kicks are smothered or winger tackled over the sideline then you know it will be a hot and cold year again.

stryker

First Grade

LOL
....and there it is. This is a Wests Tigers forum champ. If you want to talk about that other club, do it elsewhere.

stryker

First Grade
This is exactly how I see it as well. He can be great but because he has the tendency to hog it when he has a bad game it's terrible. If he isn't in form he should realise that and just try and get other players more involved. Unfortunately it's like he tries to play himself into form and loses us games.
He has a tendancy to hog it as he has played with a large collection of shit merkins who either wilted or went missing when the heat was on, including Moses and Brooks. Habits are hard to break.

stryker

First Grade
Champions win games, make semi finals, make grand finals, win comps. Outside of 2005 can’t really say much. But then again, coming from Cronulla you probably think Gallen is the best thing since sliced bread.
Didnt he achieve all that and more?

Tiger05

First Grade
He has a tendancy to hog it as he has played with a large collection of shit merkins who either wilted or went missing when the heat was on, including Moses and Brooks. Habits are hard to break.

I'm laughing at this one. I get your point but I disagree a bit. I've seen him hog it when Benji is calling for it outside him close to the line and he was going to score.

Brooks has been killing it as well. Did anyone see when he smashed someone on the weekend. He really is going after players defensively. Add to that he is running it all the time. Brooks is not a shit merkin now. He is a weapon.