What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Warriors @ Central Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 2: Warriors v Newcastle

• Warriors 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 2
Warriors v Newcastle Knights
Central Coast Stadium, Gosford (TICKETS)
Friday 19 March 2021

NSW Cup 3:45pm -- NRL kickoff 6pm

WARRIORS-2021.png

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 2. David Fusitu'a 3. Adam Pompey 4. Peta Hiku 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Chanel Harris-Tavita 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Wayde Egan 10. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown 11. Eliesa Katoa 12. Bayley Sironen 13. Tohu Harris
Interchange: 14. Jazz Tevaga 15. Ben Murdoch-Masila 16. Leeson Ah Mau 17. Bunty Afoa 18. Marcelo Montoya 20. Sean O’Sullivan 21. Tom Ale 22. Jack Murchie

NEWCASTLE-2021.png

1. Tex Hoy 2. Starford To'a 3. Enari Tuala 4. Bradman Best 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Kurt Mann 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Connor Watson
Interchange: 14. Sauaso Sue 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Josh King 17. Brodie Jones 18. Phoenix Crossland 19. Pasami Saulo 20. Dominic Young 21. Gehamat Shibasaki

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Grant Atkins
Sideline Officials: Matt Noyen, Jon Stone
Video Referees: Alan Shortall

Warriors QRL Intrust Super Cup feeder Redcliffe are away to Mackay at BB Print Stadium, Sat 6pm QLD time
NSW Cup - Newcastle host Newtown as a curtain raiser for this game at 3:45pm, Central Coast Stadium​

Last edited by a moderator:

Old dog

Juniors
Who is fit to play, both sides, this is an interesting game. We seemed overloaded in backs at pre season but injuries have regular players likely to miss this one, Ponga, Lee, Best and possibly Toa so backline likely to be Hoy, Toa/Young, Tuala, Schibs and Hunt, not bad but not our best. Hopefully Crossland at 5/8 with Pearce and the same starting pack as last week, Watson, JSaf, King and Jones bench.
Wildcard Musgrove left wing if Toa out

Joel-22

Juniors
given backline injuries, would like to see

1. Hoy
2. Musgroves
3. Hunt
4. Young
5. Tuala
6. Crosslands
7. Pearce

Rodney Rude

Juniors
If Best, Toa, Watson are unavailable I’d go

1. Hoy
2. Tuala
3. Musgrove
4. Shibasaki
5. Hunt
6. Crossland
7. Pearce
8. Klemmer
9. Brailey
10. D Saifiti
11. Frizell
12. Barnett
13. Sue

14. Randall
15. J Saifiti
16. King
17. Jones

Grizzman

Juniors
Always look forward to this match-up. Two entertaining games last year and sharing the spoils one each. It will be interesting to watch this year. I didn't catch your first round game but my Warriors looked promising in theirs. Still, they have flattered to deceive for 25 odd years and I've been dumb enough to have hope in every one of those.

Jono078

Referee
1 Hoy
2 Shibasaki
3 Tuala
4 Best
5 Hunt
6 Crossland
7 Pearce
8 Klemmer
9 Brailey
10 Saifiti
11 Frizzell
12 Barney
13 Sue
--
14 Watson
15 Saifiti
16 King
17 Johns - bit more versatile than Jones
--
18 Young
19 Sasagi
20 Jones
21 Saulo

What I'm sort of expecting.

Knight76

Juniors
Battle of the packs for mine. I think we will get over theirs and get the W.

Likely its going to be like a home game for us with a big knights crowd turning up.

Jono078

Referee
I think the biggest thing in our favor is they’ve had one less day recovery and played in grueling conditions.

PhilGould

Bench
1. Tex Hoy
2. Starford To'a
3. Enari Tuala
4. Bradman Best
5. Hymel Hunt
6. Kurt Mann
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. David Klemmer
9. Jayden Brailey (C)
10. Daniel Saifiti (C)
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Mitch Barnett
13. Connor Watson

14. Sauaso Sue
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Josh King
17. Brodie Jones

18. Phoenix Crossland
19. Pasami Saulo
20. Dom Young
21. Gehemat Shibasaki

Jono078

Referee
1. Tex Hoy
2. Starford To'a
3. Enari Tuala
4. Bradman Best
5. Hymel Hunt
6. Kurt Mann
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. David Klemmer
9. Jayden Brailey (C)
10. Daniel Saifiti (C)
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Mitch Barnett
13. Connor Watson

14. Sauaso Sue
15. Jacob Saifiti
16. Josh King
17. Brodie Jones

18. Phoenix Crossland
19. Pasami Saulo
20. Dom Young
21. Gehemat Shibasaki

350.png

Old dog

Juniors
Don’t like the injury situation, extended bench covering those so if, yes IF the fur injured Best, Toa, Mann and Watson don’t play likely bench is JSaf, King, Jones and Saulo, meaning no backline cover. Hope at least Watson or Mann are ok, be great if all four are good to go

Pretty much as expected. Mann was going to get 6 if fit.
I'm a bit surprised they didn't rest Best. I thought they'd err on the side of caution.
I'd rest Best and Mann and put Crossland and Shib in. Take advantage to give them game time and lessen the repeat injury risk. It's no good having wounded out there so early in the season.

Last edited:

Old dog

Juniors
Pretty much as expected. Mann was going to get 6 if fit.
I'm a bit surprised they didn't rest Best. I thought they'd err on the side of caution.
I'd rest Best and Mann and put Crossland and Shib in. Take advantage to give them game time and lessen the repeat injury risk. It's no good having wounded out there so early in the season.
Seems common sense although if all definitely fit no worries. Like the idea of resting Mann and Best as they seemed the worst, Crossland and Shiba in and start Watson on bench like last week, is a big pack the Warriors and he would be best when they start to tire.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Wouldn't surprise me if Obi shifted Watson to the bench again at the last minute as a tactic to give the Warriors some unease. Watson could cause some serious carnage against a tiring Warriors pack.

Joel-22

Juniors
I would really like to see Tuala shifted to the wing. His defence simply isn't good enough to warrant automatic selection at centre. I'd much prefer Hunt there who is a rock in defence

Old dog

Juniors
With Lee out Tuala should play left wing with Best left centre, Hunt right centre and Toa on wing. Wouldn’t rule Schibs out and Young later in season. We are reasonably strong in 2-5