What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton

Who will win? Round 20: Brisbane v Wests Tigers

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Confidence and consistency are wonderful things. Injuries aside, they have to stick with the ¾’s now. Each game they play together the better, each game they play outside their 13, 7 & 6 the better. Expect though that the 13 will not be there next round and possibly more.

Heard Sheens a couple of weeks ago say that Brooks was the fastest player in the team, definitely need a sprint coach over the summer.

MasterTiger

Juniors
Great win by the boys. Sure the Broncs made yardage look easy at times but they threw some heat at us. What I’m starting to like is the teams composure under pressure ….it has improved and I believe is getting better. When it got to 12 - 6 Broncs late in the first half then 24 - 18 Tigers midway through the second half the Tigers team earlier in the year had a tendency to capitulate in situations such as this. Last night I was waiting for this to happen again but happily it didn’t happen.
Bloody great win!!!

Once the WT cut their own mistakes they improved their chances for a win,AD was a perfect example, he turned the ball over a number of times in the first half through bad passes and a early kick that went dead, to his credit he bounced back and had a blinder to finish the game.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I only saw the second half but really proud of how the guys backed up from last week. 14 point win seemed like the right outcome.

Overall it’s been a fairly positive last 4 weeks of footy. I’m not sure if the

6. Doeuihi 7. Brooks/Madden 13. Hastings is a longterm way but hard to argue with what it’s produced so far

2 guys to give a bit of a shout out too are Fonua Pole and Asu Kepaoa. Pole has been absolutely phenomenal in first grade, you could argue he’s been out best forward to the last 4 weeks. Asu looks so much more confortable to centre then he ever has at wing, showed up Staggs last night and looks like he could become the strike centre we’ve been lacking since pre hip injury Lawrence

Tiger05

First Grade
The result is fantastic, but it really pisses me off, that they can’t play like this all year?

I don't want to put a downer on it but we also don't have any pressure in relation to playing finals footy. We aren't under any pressure to desperately win games.

The players and coaching staff including team selections might feel a bit freer.

Pole might not have gotten his chance but he got it and now he looks like he has a lock on one of the prop positions.

Pezz70

Juniors
I only saw the second half but really proud of how the guys backed up from last week. 14 point win seemed like the right outcome.

Overall it’s been a fairly positive last 4 weeks of footy. I’m not sure if the

6. Doeuihi 7. Brooks/Madden 13. Hastings is a longterm way but hard to argue with what it’s produced so far

2 guys to give a bit of a shout out too are Fonua Pole and Asu Kepaoa. Pole has been absolutely phenomenal in first grade, you could argue he’s been out best forward to the last 4 weeks. Asu looks so much more confortable to centre then he ever has at wing, showed up Staggs last night and looks like he could become the strike centre we’ve been lacking since pre hip injury Lawrence
Kepaoa is a defensive liability missed 6 tackles yesterday, he did make a couple of tackle busts though, Madden missed 6 but was pretty good with ball in hand, and Taulagi missed 4, but he was ok with the ball too. 16 tackles on the left side - too many.

I agree with Pole though, he brings the energy with him looks a good young player.

The other edge was really good missing only five tackles, 4 of those by Douehi, Seyfarth 50 tackles missed 1 and Toa had his best game for us, no missed tackles, a line break and a try.

Our forwards did a good job limiting the effectiveness of Haas, Carrigan And Fleglar, they made metres but we were able to scramble pretty well and nullify and limit Brisbanes attack which runs off them.

Hastings has done way better than I expected in the role they have him in, he is still effectively playing halfback (22 touches yesty) and is working hard in defence. He really is an outstanding role model in the field and we need to keep him.

But a win is a win and it’s really good to see the boys put some points on the board, near 60 points the last two weeks where prior we’d struggle to score 2 tries a game. Doeuhis goal kicking is getting there .
Peachey was pretty good too when he was on the park

Last edited: