What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Bulldogs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 20: Bulldogs v Wests Tigers

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

super_coach

First Grade
The team looked flat from the opening whistle. Last week took at lot out of them and unlike the better sides in the comp we need all the stars aligned to be effective.

There was no grunt or power in their game, they spent the majority of the game just hanging on by a finger nail, in years gone by they would have been flogged. They were not hopeless just really flat

Farah seemed to think he was a ball playing five eighth tonight.,,

Just get into dummy half and pass the goddam ball..
A sucker for punishment here, I watched the game again. He actually didn't do it that much, but the fact he did it was bad enough. It looked however, like it was the bloody plan and if that was the case, who allowed it, who devised such a game plan. Maybe IC should go back to the commentary box and get a better view of the game.

Tiger05

First Grade
The team looked flat from the opening whistle. Last week took at lot out of them and unlike the better sides in the comp we need all the stars aligned to be effective.

There was no grunt or power in their game, they spent the majority of the game just hanging on by a finger nail, in years gone by they would have been flogged. They were not hopeless just really flat

Exactly.

magpie4ever

First Grade

Let's face half decent sides don't allow that to happen especially against a side battling for the wooden spoon.

They were hopeless & a disgrace.

simmo05

Bench
Panthers stinking it up, we could be sitting 1 win out of the 8 if they had a bloody crack last night!

We expect a lot from our team but in reality we are average,some times we excel but most times we struggle to win or get our sh#t together regardless of who we are playing.l struggle to remember the last time we made a stunning comeback to win a game if ever.

Front-Rower

First Grade
We expect a lot from our team but in reality we are average,some times we excel but most times we struggle to win or get our sh#t together regardless of who we are playing.l struggle to remember the last time we made a stunning comeback to win a game if ever.

Against Newcastle in 2001. The night Kev McGuiness came back from his drugs suspension is the last come from behind victory I can remember.

https://afltables.com/rl/scorers/games/2001/200108111431.html

BuffaloRules

Coach
The way they played against Souths last week was amazing and a rare 80 min performance ...

Ivan came up with that game plan and was able to get the players to execute it to pretty much perfection ..

Can only assume though that a lot of petrol got burnt as they weren’t able to back it up last night.

Perhaps they need to get a bit younger? ...I really hope Liddell can be something..

Das Hassler

Bench
At least we dodnt
The way they played against Souths last week was amazing and a rare 80 min performance ...

Ivan came up with that game plan and was able to get the players to execute it to pretty much perfection ..

Can only assume though that a lot of petrol got burnt as they weren’t able to back it up last night.

Perhaps they need to get a bit younger? ...I really hope Liddell can be something..

Yep....5 HIA's ia a pretty good indication of what that win took out of them....Dogs played it well

Yep....5 HIA's ia a pretty good indication of what that win took out of them....Dogs played it well
Perhaps the best option going forward now is to have a video session or 2, then the week off and come back for a captains run. They need to freshen up. Their aim must still be to win each game naturally.

Tiger05

First Grade
We need more than that, as it currently stands only Parra has scored less points than us this year.

We do need more than that but I still think it's our worst position even with Robbie there. Robbie lacks pace and still does the hog plays at times.

I don't know what comes next. I'd love to see Nathan Cleary and Brooks as out starting halves next year and Reynolds moved on but we've given Reynolds a long term contract.

I think our middle forwards need some grunt. I think Matulino is our best middle forward and he hasn't had a good year. Taylor is good but if he is in any team he needs dominant metre eating forwards around him. We'd be a different team with a dominant lock forward like Sam Burgess or Taumolo or Fischer-Harris or something similar.

Even though I like Fonua and he is one of the only beast options that we have I think we need a centre like Fonua but with pace. I can see Fonua getting carved up defensively.

On the positive side Chee-Kam has really come on and to me we now have a couple of quality edge backrowers. Lawrence, Chee-Kam and backed up by Garner in my opinion gives us good edge forward options. Over the season our worst position now looks decent.

Mbye and Brooks are keepers. They are both quality players. Thompson is a keeper even though he lacks grunt. Nofo is critical in our team because our middle forwards are pretty ordinary and he gets more metres than all of them combined.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I think Liddle has to be given an opportunity in the top grade next year.,,

He will be 22 and off contract at the end of 2019... the Tigers need to know what they have got with him and either re-sign him or look to Plan B in 2020.,,

That might be Reynolds to 9 if Cleary comes and Brooks stays..