What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Warriors @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 20: Wests Tigers v Warriors

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Warriors 13+

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigers1986

Juniors
I think the issue with Luke is that the forward pack don't get him the metres and space to do what he could do. Moses was SHIT at Wests, but when he went to Parra and behind some big cattle, he has become quite decent. Definitely an easy scapegoat.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He is far better. Parra have deadset fallen off a cliff without him.
Brooks is the better defender. Moses is the better of the two at everything else.
Brooks is certainly the more likeable human however as a forlorn tigers fan I only care about the ability & positive influence/impact of the players re our endeavour to become a respectable contender.From the gun Balmain SG ball teams that moses & brooks played in to the NRL Moses unfortunately has glaringly trumped Brooks as a footballer.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Brooks is certainly the more likeable human however as a forlorn tigers fan I only care about the ability & positive influence/impact of the players re our endeavour to become a respectable contender.From the gun Balmain SG ball teams that moses & brooks played in to the NRL Moses unfortunately has glaringly trumped Brooks as a footballer.
I don't think it is a simply as that.

I reckon if we had kept Moses and Brooks went to Parra we would be in the same if not worse position while Brooks would of played Origin this year.

It took Brooksy a third of the season to play a vanilla game.

He’s just too expensive and too experienced to be late to the crease like that.

By the time he warmed up this year, we were gone.

Hes not growing or developing to the extent we need. Hes not a Laurie or Doogie -on the upwards diagonal.

All that said, Hastings will bring a lot more dog mongrel, hate and ambition to our “holidaying halves.”

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
I reckon if we had kept Moses and Brooks went to Parra we would be in the same if not worse position while Brooks would of played Origin this year.
Lol so what you have done there is swap the players but produced exactly the same outcome as what occurred…

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
That's true. I just remember seeing Benji score that try off a "kick" in the final against the Dragons and thinking myself we really don't deserve to be here. Quite a different feeling from the year before.

Even in 2009, I felt we looked likely until the Shannon Gallant had his leg broken in the game against the Roosters and Sheens stubbornly put the junior kangaroos halfback back in the #1 jersey.

If Moltzen had been given three years in the #7, we wouldn't have gone into the 2012 season without a halfback. It's been over 10 years and to this day, I still f**king hate Sheens for that decision.
We were pretty much a 2 man band in 2011, benji and farah were in insane form and I’m pretty sure we won like 9 in a row

Tiger05

First Grade
That's exactly what he meant, meaning Moses is NO better then Brooks but more likely worse as far as Weststigers go.

Moses isn't very good. People rating Moses and hating on Brooks have no idea. If Brooks is shit fair enough but if that is the case then Moses is shit as well.

That's exactly what he meant, meaning Moses is NO better then Brooks but more likely worse as far as Weststigers go.
Just listened to John Gibbs on the ABC and he was saying the problem with Brooks & Moses is the fact that they don’t run the ball, majority of the tries that come from them, is from kicks. Gibbs and Luke Lewis mentioned the top half’s and the fact that they all run with the ball. Gibbs even mentioned Tyson Gamble and said he is not as good at Brooks or Moses but he at least runs the ball.

Just listened to John Gibbs on the ABC and he was saying the problem with Brooks & Moses is the fact that they don’t run the ball, majority of the tries that come from them, is from kicks. Gibbs and Luke Lewis mentioned the top half’s and the fact that they all run with the ball. Gibbs even mentioned Tyson Gamble and said he is not as good at Brooks or Moses but he at least runs the ball.
That’s a fair comment.

Ben Hunt reaches another level when he runs the ball. I heard him discuss it on the radio last year. It was a good interview and I appreciated his self-evaluation. He’s a great player with the odd challenges on occasions.

It’s decidedly unpleasant and you need a lot of courage and composure to do it consistently.

That’s something Hastings isnt lacking. A screw loose or what have you!

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
I disagree then.
Moses has some game management in him, is a far better kicker and communicator/competitor.
Brooks is a better defender when it suits him to be so.

A diabolical affair …but we got there.

All things considered, Blorey had a good outing and Ken showed some ticker.

Steff takes yet another leap forward. We should wrap him up for a few more years.

Those are my positive impressions.

Fordy20

Juniors
I disagree then.
Moses has some game management in him, is a far better kicker and communicator/competitor.
Brooks is a better defender when it suits him to be so.
Definitely agree Moses has a better long kicking game. Mitch's got a huge boot on him and clearing kicks are really helpful when your forward pack aren't making any metres.

I’m thinking that Ken could work out quite well.

He spoke about his good relationship with Madge as one of the reasons for coming.

It’s interesting how some players respond better than others to coaches, although it’s also true that some coaches (albeit very few) always seem to get the best or close to.

As Jason Taylor said, it’s about getting the most out of as many players as is possible most of the time. Madge can’t say he has effected this broad ambition effectively.

With not too many changes in personnel (at the moment) we know about for next year, then if I was the board, I’d be interested to know what changes in training and subs etc etc is he going to implement.

It’s not a matter of making excuses etc, he needs the due respect. What is his plan though? What did he learn this year? What is he going to differently and why? What did he think he got wrong and what things did he do wrong did he think he fixed?

He has a lot of fan support for sure.

Madge is far tougher on himself than anyone else could be.

Last edited: