What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 21 vs Brisbane @ Sunshine Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 21: Newcastle v Brisbane

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Brisbane Broncos 1-12

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
But we aren’t - are we? We don’t have the depth of the teams running 5th or 6th. We always have injuries - we can’t avoid that. Whilst ever we need to play guys like Hoy or Toa on a regular basis, we aren’t keeping up with the top 6.
Take Turbo out of Manly and they run bottom 4 I reckon.

Alex28

Coach
Each to their own but I find this outlook very bizarre. Under the Brown rebuild we knew we had some shit.

The AOB era we should be expecting much more. Don't think anyone is thinking top 2-4. But we shouldn't be a team that loses to the Tigers twice in 2021.
We just don’t have the depth of the top 6 teams to cover injuries. That’s where we fall down.

Where is our Hynes to cover when Ponga is injured? That’s right - we have Tex Hoy.

perverse

Referee
We just don’t have the depth of the top 6 teams to cover injuries. That’s where we fall down.

Where is our Hynes to cover when Ponga is injured? That’s right - we have Tex Hoy.
I would say there's 3 teams with the kind of depth you're talking about - Storm, Panthers and the Roosters. The others are either unproven (as in, they haven't had to prove their depth - certainly not like us or the Roosters anyway), or just... no not really tbh.

aqua_duck

Coach
That decoy/obstruction penalty pretty much sums up where we are in terms of attacking structures, why you have a backrower running a decoy for a one out front rower charge is baffling enough but to get it that wrong as well

Jono078

Referee

No arguments here on those points - and cheers for the chuckle it gave me.

Regardless of depth I think there are still some areas of football we can expect some better standards.

Back to the game - how disappointing to give them the last 2 tries, just like last week. Maybe the short turnaround is catching up here but come on, play the 80, please!

K-Man

Bench
How did we not slide right there with urgency? It was so obvious where that was going and we just sat back and watched it.

perverse

Referee
Also Brisbane finally remembered that we have a second rower at centre and a nuffy on the wing on our right.