What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 21 vs Wests Tigers @ Campbelltown Stadium, Leumeah

Who will win? Round 21: Wests Tigers v Newcastle

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reflector

Juniors
He’s a darling, absolutely no doubt.

f**k knows why???
He wears a maroon jersey three times a year. Which means, like every other player in history who has worn a maroon jersey, he grows 10 feet tall and becomes bulletproof.

It's something you only 'get' if you wear a maroon jersey three times a year or support the men who wear that maroon jersey. Nobody else in Australia- no- planet Earth- will ever "get" it.

Old dog

Juniors
Most pleasing about the game was increased effort and those last 15-20 tackles just prior to half time.
Most frustrating/annoying was high error rate second half

Did you expect better though? I expected them to fall apart and cop a hammering.

They had a crack and got the 2 points. It was ugly and they very nearly let it slip but they had a go at least, which sadly was more than I expected after such a shit week.
I didn't expect better for this game but I do expect better from the club generally. I'm looking at the big picture and this puts a patch over a hole when we should be filling it in with cement.

I just think a half decent coach could get a lot more out of the limited talent we do have. All I'm saying is, scrappy wins over the worst possible opposition don't help us get said half decent coach. They buy bad coach time which hurts club in the long run.

slotmachine

First Grade
Season over, zero pressure to perform, awful opposition

I think the attack looked a fair bit different from what we've seen recently, and the key spine players were much better. Brailey was huge, clifford more confident.

Why it took until the club was in crisis and the season was over is an interesting question.

Woosh

Head Moderator
I thought the 2 current origin players in Jacob and Gagai led the way yesterday without Klemmer.
Gagai had 14 tackle breaks yesterday to go with his 14 missed tackles the other week.
Both decided to pull their fingers out and run with purpose yesterday. Brailey jumped off the back of it and the team looked much better as a result.

macavity

Referee
I thought the 2 current origin players in Jacob and Gagai led the way yesterday without Klemmer.
Gagai had 14 tackle breaks yesterday to go with his 14 missed tackles the other week.
Both decided to pull their fingers out and run with purpose yesterday. Brailey jumped off the back of it and the team looked much better as a result.

Gagai also had a terrible missed tackle that led to their second try.

He did actually have a dig with the ball for the first time in a while though.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Why yesterday and not for the few months prior?

Have you ever seen Jacob while playing for Newcastle come off the back fence like he did in origin?
Maybe he feels like he doesn’t need to step up when Klemmer plays?

Jono078

Referee
Have you ever seen Jacob while playing for Newcastle come off the back fence like he did in origin?
Maybe he feels like he doesn’t need to step up when Klemmer plays?
That’s a coaching problem then.

AOB should have told him when he came back from origin that is the new standard he set and if he did that the boys would rally around him. Each player needs to put in those kind of efforts and that’s how you get the buy-in from individuals to become a great team, knowing your mate is going to put everything into it.

Yosh

Coach
Basically, our player have had it in them to play well. Why hasn't the coach been able to get it out of them for most of the season? One of the coach's main duties is to get our players motivated and playing to their highest level every week. It's basically what the Storm dynasty was built on.

TooheysNew

Coach
Basically, our player have had it in them to play well. Why hasn't the coach been able to get it out of them for most of the season? One of the coach's main duties is to get our players motivated and playing to their highest level every week. It's basically what the Storm dynasty was built on.
Pretty sure the storm dynasty was partly built on having four "once in a generation" players.