What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs Cronulla @ Venue TBC

Who will win? Round 22: Cronulla v Newcastle

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 22
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks v Newcastle Knights
Moreton Daily Stadium, Redcliffe
Sunday 15 August 2021

NRL kickoff 4:05pm

CRONULLA-2021.png

1. Will Kennedy 2. Sione Katoa 3. Siosifa Talakai 4. Jesse Ramien 5. Ronaldo Mulitalo 6. Connor Tracey 7. Braydon Trindall 8. Braden Hamlin-Uele 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Aaron Woods 11. Briton Nikora 12. Jack Williams 13. Toby Rudolf
Interchange: 14. Luke Metcalf 15. Aiden Tolman 16. Andrew Fifita 17. Billy Magoulias 18. Joniah Lualua 19. Will Chambers 20. Kai O'Donnell 21. Mawene Hiroti

NEWCASTLE-2021.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Enari Tuala 3. Kurt Mann 4. Bradman Best 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Jake Clifford 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Jacob Saifiti 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Connor Watson
Interchange: 14. Sauaso Sue 15. David Klemmer 16. Simi Sasagi 17. Brodie Jones 18. Josh King 19. Jirah Momoisea 20. Phoenix Crossland 21. Starford To'a

BvW7aru.png

Referees: Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Dave Munro
Video Referees: Grant Atkins​

Last edited:

ryana87

Juniors
10 day turnaround will mean we *should* be full strength.... Just worried it might be too long of a break

Old dog

Juniors
It is there for the taking, win this and we are in a good spot, looking like us and Titans for 7 & 8 with Manly and Eels fighting it out for 5 & 6. Injury free we should do it

Zoidberg

First Grade
All going good i think this is our 1st time for “full strength/best” team for the year (minus Edrick Lee).

perverse

Referee
It is there for the taking, win this and we are in a good spot, looking like us and Titans for 7 & 8 with Manly and Eels fighting it out for 5 & 6. Injury free we should do it
I'm willing to back us into the finals if we win this week. Titans have to get past Souths then Melbourne (as well as us), and the Raiders have to get past Melbourne, Manly and the Roosters. It's legitimately on a platter, and completely in our control as far as I can see. This is exactly the kind of situation we manage to fumble completely, so lets hope we can at least take a step forward in that respect.

This match and the Titans match in a couple of weeks are absolutely critical. What's more critical is that we improve into the finals, rather than limp. We're 2 wins on the trot, but we need to get up some legitimate momentum to try and get past week 1.

Last edited:

ryana87

Juniors
I see a lot of comments saying that this is a must win (or titans being a must win) because it will garuntee a spot in the 8...

I see it as a must win, because if we can't beat either of those teams, we don't deserve to make the 8, and will be just making up the numbers as we were last year

Loose Cannon

Bench
I’m at the point where I don’t really care what happens come semis. I feel there is more to be gained from stringing together the back end 6 games as a platform for next year’s run.

Of course, it’s not mutually exclusive, and a 5 or 6 game streak gets us in this year, but I think we all agree that we (and all 5-8) are cannon fodder for Melbourne, Penrith, etc.

A strong finish keeping our players fit is essential in the longer term. We need to win these games and try to get our combinations a solid base to work on in the off-season.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Sharkies without Graham is always beatable. Graham is a bit of a talsiman when fit. Moylan being absent doesn't hurt either. Had found some great form this year.

Yosh

Coach
We have won 4 of the last 6. If we can win the rest, that's 8 of the last 10 games of the regular season. That's a great platform to build on.

Proving we got the better Brailey is important but I hope we make Ramien look like dirt. Hate him to the core.

PhilGould

Bench
1. Kalyn Ponga (C)
2. Enari Tuala
3. Kurt Mann
4. Bradman Best
5. Hymel Hunt
6. Jake Clifford
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jacob Saifiti
9. Jayden Brailey
10. Daniel Saifiti
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Mitch Barnett
13. Connor Watson

14. Sauaso Sue
15. David Klemmer
16. Simi Sasagi
17. Brodie Jones

18. Josh King
19. Jirah Momoisea
20. Phoenix Crossland
21. Starford To'a

Ponga retains sole captaincy

Yosh

Coach
Is that the best team we have put on the paddock all year? Maybe the past two years?

Where will Sasagi play when he comes out? Backrow?

Jono078

Referee
Easily the best team we've named this year. Sasagi off the bench is a bit of a head scratcher but I guess he has utility value off the bench. We learn't last week what losing an outside back looked like for us.

Really really really excited for this game. This is our knock-out semi-final game for mine.

So expect some rage if we turn in some shit! Haha

Latest posts