What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs North Qld @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Who will win? Round 22: North Qld v Wests Tigers

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
I think we had 4 on report? Two could be serious (crusher tackles).

View attachment 52305
PLAYERCHARGESUSPENSION
Thomas Mikaele (Wests Tigers)Grade 1 Crusher Tackle1-2 weeks
Jacob Liddle (Wests Tigers)Grade 1 Crusher Tackle1-2 weeks
Michael Chee Kam (Wests Tigers)Grade 1 Dangerous Contact - Other $1,150 fine

Ryan Matterson (Parramatta Eels)Grade 3 High Tackle - Careless 3-5 weeks - love this one

On a positive note aside from his silly strip with a couple of minutes to go Brooks was ok last night,
Pezz the way the bunker decides tries, if Brooks didn’t strip the ball and the player kept moving and actually scored. The bunker would have awarded the try, his momentum was not stopped etc etc. Naturally though, Brooks strips the ball in the movements where a player was attempting to score a try and wouldn’t you know it, the bin.

JB04

Juniors
I'm not too phased by those suspensions. Think Liddle could do with a week off, he just seems off the pace. Keen to see Simpkins rip in, he was dynamite last night. Re Mikaele - he made about 10 errors last night, he could also do with a week off

Watching Matterson get sent had my schadenfreude going into overdrive, what an overrated spud he is

MasterTiger

Juniors
I'm not sure where these guys all fit in. AD has to be there and he has to be involved. I'm hopeful Hastings is going to be a quality NRL player which means he gets a spot. Brooks has got a lot of good stuff in his game.
Hastings role will be a ball playing lock with aggression and getting up lazy forwards not pushing up with him.
Brooks stays at halfback .
Doueihi stays at 6.
That 3 jockey for the captaincy.
Then:
DL at 1.
Liddle/Simpkins share the 9.

There's are competent spine....not world beaters but competent.

Hopefully the Pommy Centre is capable of being our ex factor player along with DL.

Tiger05

First Grade
Hastings role will be a ball playing lock with aggression and getting up lazy forwards not pushing up with him.
Brooks stays at halfback .
Doueihi stays at 6.
That 3 jockey for the captaincy.
Then:
DL at 1.
Liddle/Simpkins share the 9.

There's are competent spine....not world beaters but competent.

Hopefully the Pommy Centre is capable of being our ex factor player along with DL.

That is an interesting take. The problem I have with it is that you have to win the forward battle. I can see Hastings getting run over the top off and I don't think he is the guy to hit it up the middle.

Tiger05

First Grade
Yeah I dont buy the ball playing lock thing for guy his size either.

I think we will be wasting him not using him in the halves.

I reckon he has to be in the halves. I also think we need to have a pack that goes forward consistently.

Vozzy

Juniors
Brooks has been better this year since magic round but he is still not good enough to be the one to steer a side around. He can't close out games or build pressure enough. In saying that there are no halfbacks growing on trees so we kinda have to keep him. Hastings should put the pressure on him at least to perform.

The Rosco

Bench
What a great weekend.
We get up against . . . I don't care who. We just get up.
I tipped the round and used my last joker. Leading the tipping comp. Take that, stupid family !
Parramatta lost.
Sorry, Parramatta got smashed. Flogged. Ridiculed.
Their season is disappearing faster than a WRX in a cop chase.
Moses played like shit ( although he might have some issues with his back, to be fair.)
Nah, fkk him. Moses played like shit and dropped balls all night.
Gutho played like only Gutho can. Dropped balls, missed tackles, showed his real self. Don't know if anyone called him a dumb vagina. But they should have. Very loudly.
Hiatterson gets gloriously sent from the field. Now he is a dumb vagina. To watch him shuffling away in the direction of the ref's pointed finger was delicious. 3-5 weeks is even sweeter.
All in all, better than an average root.
5 stars.

Tigerm

First Grade
What a great weekend.
I tipped the round and used my last joker. Leading the tipping comp. Take that, stupid family !
Parramatta lost.
Moses played like shit ( although he might have some issues with his back, to be fair.)
Gutho played like only Gutho can. Dropped balls, missed tackles, showed his real self. Don't know if anyone called him a dumb vagina. But they should have. Very loudly.
Hiatterson gets gloriously sent from the field. Now he is a dumb vagina. To watch him shuffling away in the direction of the ref's pointed finger was delicious. 3-5 weeks is even sweeter.
5 stars.
Reminds me, haven’t heard from Ryhno for a while?

macnaz

Staff member
I reckon he has to be in the halves. I also think we need to have a pack that goes forward consistently.
100% . There is no way he is totally locked in as a forward , it would be ridiculous to pre determine his role without even whitenessing what his abilities add to the side and where they are suited for best overall dynamics of the team.

simmo1

First Grade
What a great weekend.
Parramatta lost.
5 stars.

Just on Matterson. Compare his reaction to smacking a bloke in the head to Harawira-Naera's. Speaks volumes of his character.

Latest posts