What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs Sea Eagles @ Lottoland

Who will win? Round 22: Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 22
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Wests Tigers
Lottoland, Brookvale (TICKETS)
Thursday 15 August 2019

Gates 6pm / NRL 7:50pm

TL-MAN19.png

1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Brendan Elliot 4. Moses Suli 5. Reuben Garrick 6. Dylan Walker 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Martin Taupau 11. Joel Thompson 12. Jack Gosiewski 13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange: 14. Manase Fainu 15. Corey Waddell 16. Morgan Boyle 17. Taniela Paseka 18. Lachlan Croker 19. Tevita Funa 20. Sean Keppie 21. Lloyd Perrett

TL-WST19.png

1. Corey Thompson 2. Paul Momirovski 3. Tommy Talau 4. Esan Marsters 5. David Nofoaluma 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Thomas Mikaele 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Oliver Clark 11. Luke Garner 12. Michael Chee-Kam 13. Ryan Matterson
Interchange: 14. Matt Eisenhuth 15. Elijah Taylor 16. Alex Twal 17. Chris Lawrence 18. Josh Reynolds 19. Robert Jennings 20. Chris McQueen 21. Sam McIntyre

xoKyYW1.png

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Todd Smith, Rickey McFarlane
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Lowe

Feeder club info
Sea Eagles: Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup); Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Wests Tigers: Western Suburbs Magpies (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup), Wests Tigers (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Match information for all competitions via https://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​​​​​

Last edited by a moderator:

super_coach

First Grade
Like so often before we had our chances, this year we had a real chance of making the eight and even getting beyond week one...but as always we blew it.

Mentality we are midgets. Anyway I expect Manly to win in a canter. I just think as a collective unit there is a lot missing and most of it comes down to leadership. Another long offseason awaits us and I thing 2020 will be much of the same

The unknown

Juniors
Mbye and Farah goneee

Realistically I believe our season is gone but I really hope Taulau and Liddle give us something to be excited about for the rest of the year

Tigers Tale

Juniors
A few weeks back there was talk of us chasing Brad Parker from Manly. On principle I never watch Manly games, except if we are playing them and out of interest I was curious how he has been going. I have never thought that much of him (from the little I have seen of him) but our centres really haven't been setting the world on fire either

Anyone got any comments on him? Was it just a beat up story or are we still interested?

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Goat Parker will be out injured for this game so we're a big chance of a win. He's their heart 'n soul.

But in all seriousness, hopefully Aloiai is back. I can live without Farah and Mbye. I somehow think that might favour us.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Probably win this giving us new hope and lose the next 2 and then win a dead rubber against the sharks.:Do_O:confused::(:mad:
Unfortunately it’s a likely scenario however I look forward to seeing how Talau goes in his debut & how Liddle goes in a critical game where our season/top 8 aspiration is hanging by a thread.We can win this !

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Probably win this giving us new hope and lose the next 2 and then win a dead rubber against the sharks.:Do_O:confused::(:mad:

I still maintain hope that in Round 25 we are a win away from a long-overdue post-season finish. A sold out and sun-drenched Leichhardt Oval awaits us... What could possibly go wrong?!

Trollhammaren

Juniors
2012 & 2016 say hello

Yes, okay 2012 was a night game but same same

Jeez, 2012 was a funny year wasn't it.

I believe we were premiership favourites at the start of the season (bizarrely mainly due to the Blair signing lol). Lose five of the first six games of the season, then win seven in a row pushing us into the Top 4. Then only winning three of the remaining eleven games to see us miss the Top 8. Halcyon days.

Front-Rower

First Grade

I believe we were premiership favourites at the start of the season (bizarrely mainly due to the Blair signing lol). Lose five of the first six games of the season, then win seven in a row pushing us into the Top 4. Then only winning three of the remaining eleven games to see us miss the Top 8. Halcyon days.

There were many reasons as to why we were favourites. The previous two years, Marshall and Farah, Blair and Ellis in the pack. Problem was we had no halfback. Then, like in so many years, won a bucket load of games around the origin period (sound familiar?) but nothing either side.

From memory though I believe we kept both Penrith and Canberra to 0 in games that year.

Vic Mackey

Referee
There were many reasons as to why we were favourites. The previous two years, Marshall and Farah, Blair and Ellis in the pack. Problem was we had no halfback. Then, like in so many years, won a bucket load of games around the origin period (sound familiar?) but nothing either side.

From memory though I believe we kept both Penrith and Canberra to 0 in games that year.

No 7. Fullback did his ACL 19 minutes into Round 1. Sheens released 2 props to sign Blair, then Galloway got injured in round 3 and our starting props for 6 weeks were Aaron woods (21) and Matt Groat (20).

Vic Mackey

Referee

We needed to win the second last round against Easts who were last at the time, and were behind 22-0 at halftime. Probably the most Wests Tigers thing ever.

west4ever

Juniors
The best team to trouble the manly side with the players we got.
1. Thompson
2. Nofoaluma
3. Talau
4. Masters
5. Momirovski
6. Benji
7. Brooks
8. Eisenhouth
9. Liddle
10. Clark
11. Garner
12. MCK
13. Matterson

14. McQueen
15. Twal
16. Mikeale
17. Lawrence
What would you change in the side or is it solid.
Mbye, Farah, Aloiai, all injured

Tiger Ted

Bench
The best team to trouble the manly side with the players we got.
1. Thompson
2. Nofoaluma
3. Talau
4. Masters
5. Momirovski
6. Benji
7. Brooks
8. Eisenhouth
9. Liddle
10. Clark
11. Garner
12. MCK
13. Matterson

14. McQueen
15. Twal
16. Mikeale
17. Lawrence
What would you change in the side or is it solid.
Mbye, Farah, Aloiai, all injured
Reynolds instead of Mcqueen

WA Tiger

Bench
At least we’ll only be on death row a short time until Thursday although hoping for a reprieve from the Guv’na

Mbye and Farah goneee

Realistically I believe our season is gone but I really hope Taulau and Liddle give us something to be excited about for the rest of the year
Was just going to say the same thing, I think win, lose or draw their remaining games, the important thing for me is that these 2 guys do the simple things well, make their tackles, have a go and prove that they deserve to be there the following week.

Its in their hands now.

PS: I hope Talau gets thrown in, in the centre and not on the wing.