What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs Warriors @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 22: Knights v Warriors

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Warriors 1-12

• Warriors 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 22
Newcastle Knights v Warriors
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton (TICKETS)
Saturday 5 August 2017

Gates 12:30pm / NYC 12:45pm (FOX) / NRL 3pm (FOX)

NEW-17teamlist.jpg

1. Nathan Ross 2. Ken Sio 3. Dane Gagai 4. Peter Mata'utia 5. Shaun Kenny-dowall 6. Brock Lamb 7. Trent Hodkinson 8. Daniel Saifiti 9. Jamie Buhrer 10. Josh King 11. Sione Mata'utia 12. Joe Wardle 13. Mitchell Barnett
Interchange: 14. Danny Levi 15. Luke Yates 16. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 17. Jacob Saifiti 18. Jack Cogger 19. Sam Stone 20. Brendan Elliott 21. Chanel Mata'utia

WAR-17teamlist.jpg

1. Roger Tuivasa-sheck 2. David Fusitua 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Solomone Kata 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Kieran Foran 7. Mason Lino 8. Jacob Lillyman 9. Issac Luke 10. Ben Matulino 11. Isaiah Papalii 12. Bunty Afoa 13. Simon Mannering
Interchange: 14. Mafoa'aeata Hingano 15. Sam Lisone 16. Ligi Sao 17. James Bell 18. Jazz Tevaga 20. Chris Satae 21. Nathaniel Roache 22. Charnze Nicoll-klokstad

LU_TeamPanel_REF-Yellow.jpg

Referees: Chris Sutton, Chris James
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner, Nick Morel
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Bryan Norrie

NYC - Sat 12:45pm at McDonald Jones

ISP - Knights & Warriors BYE​

Last edited by a moderator:

Still Nutty

Juniors
Weather looking good for Saturday at this stage...I hope they play out the season and put their first back to back wins together this weekend - it is there for the taking.

The addition of SKD to this squad and the fact Buhrer is back and match fit is already showing what a couple of experienced senior heads can do to this young squad...and I can't leave Hokkos contribution out of that equation.

Brock Lamb is growing in his confidence and we have learned that you can still win if you hang in there long enough when things aren't going your way. Our forwards are really developing and our rotation seems to be getting a better balance, particularly bringing Danny Levi off the bench...his running game is really coming to the fore and giving us an extra attacking dimension.

This week is going to be about the forwards getting over the Warriors pack and asserting enough dominance to let us control the style and tempo of the game...if we can minimise errors, maintain a solid completion rate and 50% of the possession, I think we can put a decent score on the Warriors on our home patch...it is a game that may allow us to really learn how to dominate a game and go on with it, if we can get it right.

Last edited:

Still Nutty

Juniors
While I think Chanel has improved in his recent games, SKD's experience has been evident and a significant advantage to us over the past few weeks and this is definitely a major blow.

mozza91

Coach
Confident about tomorrow. Although 2 in a row for us is harder to find than a pregnant asian so I hope we don't blow it.

Swarzey

Bench
Fair size blow, Skids has done well in his two games and thought he was up there as one of our best last weekend.

I'm just hoping the Warriors blow their chances before they reach the edges. Kata will murder Gagai and Fusitua will give Chanel a bath all day.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I also heard Joe Wardle is highly doubtful with Sam Stone on standby.

Nowhere near as big a miss as SKD but he has been pretty consistent for us last week aside.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Stone has been hurt and needs to be eased back given his age and all. I am ok with that.

Fitz has been playing.