What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 22 vs Warriors @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 22: Knights v Warriors

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Warriors 1-12

• Warriors 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knightmare

Coach
I caught up with a cousin in Sydney earlier in the day and was debating whether to go home early or stick around and find somewhere to watch the game. Seeing the Knights go back-to-back over a couple of cold ones would round out a nice Saturday arvo, but I knew there was the distinct risk of wasting 2 hours of my life to watch them out-derp the Warriors and throw away another 2 points...

Ended up in Cheers, comfy chair to myself and a few cheap Super Dry's through happy hour. It's true the Warriors are awful atm, but for the first time since I can't remember when, I never felt concerned that we'd lose this one. The Warriors have nothing in attack besides running one out then offloading. A team like the Storm, Roosters or Parra of late would've run riot against them today.

Mind you, there were some really stupid Knights errors today. It was bittersweet thinking how much larger that scoreline could've been if they'd shown more care in small things like playing the ball or Chanel sticking his leg out. A side like Parra next weekend would've capitalised on that and I hope Browny doesn't let the win gloss over those stupid errors too much.

It'd be easier to gauge the performance against a team who aren't as mentally fragile as the Warriors, but overall the boys looked more composed today and didn't resort to playing panic football with the pressure of going B2B at stake. The ladder position doesn't reflect it, but our future looks a hell of a lot brighter than half a dozen other teams atm (Bulldogs, Souths, Titans, Warriors, Raiders, Dragons).

Show more discipline in the little things than today and I wouldn't be surprised if they can trouble the Eels next weekend...

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
One thing I am really pleased with is the consistency over the last month or so if hokko, lamb, Levi and the saifiti boys.

If hokko continues doing what he's doing I'll have no problems at all with 7. Hokko 6. Watson. Let lamb hone his skills by dominating in NSW cup then in 2019 he will be more ready for NRL.

It's refreshing that we don't have to single out hokko after games for dud performances.

In regards to the saifitis, towards the end of last season they had really dropped off. This season they continue to get better, it's a credit to them and the coaching staff. They are dominating seasoned NRL packs when really they would still be in NSW cup learning their trade if it wasn't for our extreme lack of depth.

Levi is a much better player when he's only playing 60 minutes. We should never have forced him to play 80 minutes as a 19 and 20 year old at NRL level. He is so much more dangerous with fresh legs. Surely Levi played himself into a NZ jersey, he dominated luke.

Johns Magic

Referee
One thing I am really pleased with is the consistency over the last month or so if hokko, lamb, Levi and the saifiti boys.

If hokko continues doing what he's doing I'll have no problems at all with 7. Hokko 6. Watson. Let lamb hone his skills by dominating in NSW cup then in 2019 he will be more ready for NRL.

It's refreshing that we don't have to single out hokko after games for dud performances.

In regards to the saifitis, towards the end of last season they had really dropped off. This season they continue to get better, it's a credit to them and the coaching staff. They are dominating seasoned NRL packs when really they would still be in NSW cup learning their trade if it wasn't for our extreme lack of depth.

Levi is a much better player when he's only playing 60 minutes. We should never have forced him to play 80 minutes as a 19 and 20 year old at NRL level. He is so much more dangerous with fresh legs. Surely Levi played himself into a NZ jersey, he dominated luke.

Agree with all this except keeping Hodkinson over Lamb? What has he done besides let Lamb run the show?

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Agree with all this except keeping Hodkinson over Lamb? What has he done besides let Lamb run the show?

I said I'd have no problems with 7. Hokko 6. Watson. If lamb gets picked over hokko I wouldn't have a problem with that either.

Hodkinson has been the game manager for the last month, not lamb. This has allowed lamb to play a lot better than previously.

I would have had a problem if hodkinson was still playing the same as the start of the season.

I still reckon hokko will go to England, that's how the club is positioning him
Anyway, paying out his contract for next season.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
I was out bush for the weekend so I could only listen to the radio coverage

Sounds like both Hodko and Lamb had good games and are starting to gel.

Ross getting a season ender took some shine off the win though

Yosh

Coach
Guys... what team is this? Feels weird supporting a team that's going for a hattrick of wins. Weird but feels good

Burwood

Bench
Not ashamed to admit that I didn't think much of fitzgibbon, even as recently as 2-3 weeks ago. It was the same with Ross going back to the beginning of last season. It's the sort of thing I'm happy to been proven wrong about time and time again.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Not ashamed to admit that I didn't think much of fitzgibbon, even as recently as 2-3 weeks ago. It was the same with Ross going back to the beginning of last season. It's the sort of thing I'm happy to been proven wrong about time and time again.

I was with you mate. He played ok in the trial against the raiders last year. Showed he had good footwork with the try he scored but looked too small for nrl.

He has filled out thia year and really come on i the last few rounds. Would just like to see him get a bit more aggro to his game like Barnett and King have developed. Oh, and get a f**king haircut!