What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Canberra @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton

Who will win? Round 23: Newcastle v Canberra

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Canberra Raiders 13+

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knight Tales

Juniors
J Saf playing lock is something we should have considered earlier in the year. If we are going to keep Klem past next season we cannot justify having all playing prop on the money we pay them. Really hope he shows some big impact there.

Jono078

Referee
I'm glad Parr is here now. Weed out all the bullshit while we are in the dumps and find out who is prepared to fight their way out of this shit.

I'd love to know if this is the first time Bradman and Tuala have been late to the busy. If not, a big F U to AOB for not upholding any kind of standard from the team.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I'm glad Parr is here now. Weed out all the bullshit while we are in the dumps and find out who is prepared to fight their way out of this shit.

I'd love to know if this is the first time Bradman and Tuala have been late to the busy. If not, a big F U to AOB for not upholding any kind of standard from the team.
I imagine this comes back to AOB's misplaced loyalty to his players. He probably gives them chance after chance believing that they will get the message on their own yet they just take the piss and he eventually overlooks it because it's easier than trying to go back to some standards that were briefly mentioned in the pre-season team meeting.

Loose Cannon

Bench
J Saf playing lock is something we should have considered earlier in the year. If we are going to keep Klem past next season we cannot justify having all playing prop on the money we pay them. Really hope he shows some big impact there.
Wonder when AOB realised Kurt Mann can’t do Yeo/Radley/Murray?

Knight Tales

Juniors

I think our suspicions about Best being lazy and a little full of himself have been right all along. It makes Dom Young’s efforts even more impressive given he has every reason to be homesick , but is just about our best every week. He and Klem easily our best two all year. I also think Parr will reinforce with Dom that we are building club around him in part. Despite it all Dom actually looks mentally tough and not phased by what goes on around him. A total professional.

I'd like to see things shaken up more.
Sisagi to halves, Milf to FB and drop Hoy.
Strengthen up the bench.
Sisagi was bought as a centre or 5/8 but we've pushed him into the fwds.
He's young and a bit error prone but I'd like to see what he's got in the halves.

PhilGould

Bench
Jersey Flegg is playing now and still no Oryn Keeley. Still strange to me that he's named in the first grade squad but neither other grade. The two Flegg-eligible players who had been playing NSW Cup previously both moved back to Flegg a few weeks ago so it seems to be all hands on deck there, doubt he's playing reggies instead. And why not name him there if he is?

Whoever wrote the headline on the club's website for AOB's press conference wrote 'debuts' instead of debut but nothing is said in the presser itself.

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

ryan.a87

Juniors
I just hope that fans don’t think one or both the kids making their debut are the saviour and when the make a couple of mistakes they throw them under the bus

PhilGould

Bench
Would mean he's gone from SG Ball to NRL within the space of a few months which is impressive but also an indicator of how raw he'll be (if he even plays). Doubt he would've expected to play first grade this season in his wildest dreams but he had a standout season for SG Ball in a great team, was very good for NSW u/19's and continued his form into Jersey Flegg.

He's a second-rower with decent size and athleticism, runs good lines w/ footwork and a bit of an offload, and seems to have a knack for coming up with big plays when needed.

Yosh

Coach
Would mean he's gone from SG Ball to NRL within the space of a few months which is impressive but also an indicator of how raw he'll be (if he even plays). Doubt he would've expected to play first grade this season in his wildest dreams but he had a standout season for SG Ball in a great team, was very good for NSW u/19's and continued his form into Jersey Flegg.

He's a second-rower with decent size and athleticism, runs good lines w/ footwork and a bit of an offload, and seems to have a knack for coming up with big plays when needed.

So basically, we have our very own version of Nanai coming through. If he doesn't get 3 tries and 6 try assists, I'm going to blame you.