What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Cronulla @ Browne Park

Who will win? Round 23: Wests Tigers v Cronulla

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 13+

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
The comp this year is dreadful, we all know it's a two horse race to win the comp but I still don't see anyone beating the Storm. I see our team and it seems all we care about is making the 8 so we can say we played finals footy this year. The problem with that thinking imo is if we actually do make the finals and get pumped by 40 that's a worse headline imo. So f**k playing it and these stupid choices like Chee Kam in the centres and just put as many kids in as we can and let them enjoy playing footy,

Madge seems to be a coach that needs disciplined motivated payers . He seems to not know how to work win and coach players who don't fit that mould. He doesn't fit a team like us who are made up of dumb f**ks and lazy merkins that are only interested in a pay check ,using their profile to pick up birds on instagram and get freebies.
I think players baulk at coming here because of our lack of making the top 8, so I think it is important to get there? I'm not sure it will happen this year though, but you need to have some hope.

MCK isn't a centre, I agree, but who else have we got, I'm not sure how many player we brought up to Qld? JTJ has only just come out of lock down.

I think all coaches need motivated, disciplined players, so I'm not sure what you mean there?

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Gordsy - I want the coach to try and win every game. We already have a young team and we've given the kids heaps of chances.

gordsy

Juniors
What I mean is, you look at a team like the Roosters, Panthers and The Storm, and wonder why they go so well year in year out . Is it a good front office, coach and or players, yes that makes up a part of it but a lot of it because the culture is defined and players have standards before they come to the club and players respect, and play for the coach.

Take the dogs when Pay coached them, they had Kerrard f**king Holland in the team and played horrible footy but they put in week in week in for him. We have a better roster than he did but we don't put in every week, heck most weeks we don't put in.

Winning each week is great but only if it's not at the expense of future growth. Take M-Dud for example, he is off to the dragons next year. Now sure we could play him for the rest of the year in the hopes we somehow take the top 8 as cannon fodder. What I'm saying is we should look to play a kid in that role, Injuries happen and not a lot of junior footy has been played in the past two years, so lets put pick someone who will more than likely be called upon next year to fill that gap anyway. Why wait to see what he can do and get him nrl ready...

Tiger05

First Grade
Why wait to see what he can do and get him nrl ready...

I think they need time. I don't think throwing them in too early helps. If they are really good then you are correct but basically all of our development/junior players recently have needed more time. The only one I can think who hasn't is Laurie.

I see heaps of guys getting chances too. Laurie, Stef, Blore, Cini, Tuki and Jake SImpkins, Tuilagi and Talau.

I'm not really worried about giving them chances and I don't know who else deserves a shot.

To add to that they've taken up a squad of players into the bubble and they can't go and pull players out of fleg or something like that.

I understand what you are stating. I just don't think it's relevant at this point in time for our club.

Vic Mackey

Referee
FWIW I think playing MCK at center is ridiculous, we have Cini, Hoffman, Pauga and Cooper in the squad. ATM he might be the best option but 1) isn’t really a center and 2) won’t be here next year.

In saying that he has been surprisingly good the last 2 weeks, particularly in defence. Not sure if it’s just because we were playing the Dogs and Cowboys though, he’ll have his hands full against Ramien this week.

Tigerm

First Grade
FWIW I think playing MCK at center is ridiculous, we have Cini, Hoffman, Pauga and Cooper in the squad. ATM he might be the best option but 1) isn’t really a center and 2) won’t be here next year.

In saying that he has been surprisingly good the last 2 weeks, particularly in defence. Not sure if it’s just because we were playing the Dogs and Cowboys though, he’ll have his hands full against Ramien this week.
TSP mentioned that MCK wont be here next year, is this fact? I haven't heard it?

I also thought he has gone alright the last 2 weeks, against lesser opposition than you would expect, but at least he can defend. I think he could be considered a utility player going forward, as he can handle a backs and forwards position? Talau has also been good? It must be the water up there 😂

cerberus

Coach
yeah i just cant see us winning . i put money on the sharks , that usual works.
but i just can't see us winning .

Tigerm

First Grade
Also makes it harder when the squad players haven't played a game for a long time. Pretty tough to through a kid straight in after not playing for months
Especially ATM, we are still technically a chance and we can't experiment now? However, I'm surprised that Cini isn't named, but I think he will be in the final 17?

JohnnyThailand

Juniors
If I was in charge of this team, knowing we wouldn't get the raw footage, I'd find some deep fake champion to whip up some videos of what most coaches likely say to their squads before playing us.

'Seriously. You shouldn't be able to call yourselves footballers if you lose to this lot'.

Most guys who play NRL came through teams where they were champions all their life. So they don't know how to handle it when they suddenly join a team constantly losing. They either need to embrace their underdog status or they should hire the psychiatrist that convinced Metallica they aren't old geriatrics.

Victor Radley, a good player, but starting to cop some bans from the game?

Matterson should have got more, because he's Matterson.

Confirmation that Liddle & Mikaele get a week?

i heard Matterson was annoyed training went 17 minutes overtime so he wanted to play 17 minutes less during the game to compensate himself.

Fordy20

Juniors
It’s not ideal having to rely on MCK in the centre’s, but credit to him defensively, he has been better than JTJ and BJ regardless of who they are playing.

It's definitely a credit to him, especially since he's bounced between positions. He came across from Manly as a centre and I often wonder what would have happened if he'd been given a chance to develop his game as a centre, especially when you consider some of the players who we've had at centre ahead of him.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tamou and Robert’s out, Walters and Amone in the squad.

This should test us?

Very ugly looking bench

Huge test now, we have 9 forwards out, all have played NRL, literally every forward we have fit is playing tomrrow

Wizardman

First Grade
We have only seen one complete performance this season and it was to the Dragons. Is it too much to ask for one more? Lol'

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
We have only seen one complete performance this season and it was to the Dragons. Is it too much to ask for one more? Lol'
I actually thought our most complete performance was a loss; the first game against souffs

we showed toughness in defence and created opportunities against a top 4 team. Totally uncharacteristic for a Tigers side

if we played like that for majority of the year we’d be comfortably in the 8

Wizardman

First Grade
I actually thought our most complete performance was a loss; the first game against souffs

we showed toughness in defence and created opportunities against a top 4 team. Totally uncharacteristic for a Tigers side

if we played like that for majority of the year we’d be comfortably in the 8
Actually, I agree with that. We played so tough that night.

Latest posts