What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Cronulla @ Browne Park

Who will win? Round 23: Wests Tigers v Cronulla

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 1-12

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 13+

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vozzy

Juniors
If Madge gets the sack I'm now 50/50 on the decision. I think one more year if it's more of the same definitely 100%. But if it's this year I think we need to do something that's really left field. We need some innovation to turn things around. We seem to have lost an identity which used to be all out attack. I'm thinking give the Walker brothers a crack. We need something new. They seem to be good at having players play out of position if they have to. At the moment any change to the team seems like an excuse to not execute. Maybe long-term goal is to lure Sam over I can't see a way out if we sack Madge and just replace him with another Barrett/Griffen/Green type coach.

Pezz70

Juniors
If Madge gets the sack I'm now 50/50 on the decision. I think one more year if it's more of the same definitely 100%. But if it's this year I think we need to do something that's really left field. We need some innovation to turn things around. We seem to have lost an identity which used to be all out attack. I'm thinking give the Walker brothers a crack. We need something new. They seem to be good at having players play out of position if they have to. At the moment any change to the team seems like an excuse to not execute. Maybe long-term goal is to lure Sam over I can't see a way out if we sack Madge and just replace him with another Barrett/Griffen/Green type coach.
There’s a definite problem with the cattle, but they’re pretty much Madges footy side now, and he hasn’t been able to get them up for a decent game in a long time, we’ve only managed to win when the other teams have pleaded no contest. So frustrating watching them get 6+ tries scored against them every week

Vozzy

Juniors
Especially after Madge came out saying pre game they have trained so well and could be our best performance. I feel like there is a split in the actual team. Not so much not playing for Madge but whether there is an anti Brooks group in the team which would then cause poor execution and game planning. I don't really blame them he is never accountable for 8 years of no direction. He has played better this year individualy but it's not what we need from him he needs the make everyone else around him play better which they don't seem enthused to do so.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I will try to convince myself to not watch any games and not read about NRL next year. I can't see myself going to any games to watch absolute crap let alone pay for Wests Tigers membership of any kind. I didn't even enter the free competition for a signed jersey. The last thing I want is something to remind me of this year.

You feel for Madge, he seems passionate and up for it but the players for the most part do not give a f**k and are happy to collect their pay cheque and get by on bare minimum. If our whole squad was released tomorrow about 5 players would get a contract at another club and play week in week out

stryker

First Grade
Inept, useless, heartless, not up to it…..Choose your poison.
Our forwards are very young. They got a spanking
Our backs are average in defence. They were shown up by speed and crisp passing.
Our halves are our halves. Both shit except for when they run it.
Next week will be ugly. The week after, maybe a loss to the spooners.
Shit year, shit team.
Next year could be worse.

macnaz

Staff member
The 1st half when Mulitalo crosses the try line out wide and then is allowed unhindered to carry on and place the ball under the posts summed up this heartless pissweak side, after watching that I knew exactly where this game was headed in the 2nd half.

simmo05

Bench
Inept, useless, heartless, not up to it…..Choose your poison.
Our forwards are very young. They got a spanking
Our backs are average in defence. They were shown up by speed and crisp passing.
Our halves are our halves. Both shit except for when they run it.
Next week will be ugly. The week after, maybe a loss to the spooners.
Shit year, shit team.
Next year could be worse.
I am off madges bus. This mob is worse than the 99 maggies.

stryker

First Grade
The worst part is that Cronulla were pretty average today.
They made a lot of unforced errors…4 forward passes, simple missed tackles, dropped bombs, dropped balls on early tackles etc…all in good attacking field position for us.
I think Storm, Panthers and Bunnies put 40+ on them today.
We better change the attitude fast because Penrith are coming with a vengeance in 7 days and their sights are set on a humiliating demolition.

Reflector

Juniors
Might have said this before but I'll say it again-

Wests Tigers would be better off disbanding. The JV (apart from that glory run in 2005) has underdelivered for years- decades now.

Split the JV, Wests can go to Campbelltown full-time and set themselves up to capitalise on the growing S-W Sydney area as the Western Sydney Magpies. Focus on that area exclusively and they'll reap the rewards for years and decades to come. The NRL will consider them far higher priority than this identity-lacking, 3 home ground having, mediocre clusterf**k that is the Wests Tigers.

The Balmain side of the merger (or what's left of it) can go north. Pair up with the Brisbane Firehawks bid. Let them have the Tigers name. Brisbane Tigers, playing the majority of their home games in Brisbane with maybe 1 or 2 boutique fixtures a year at Leichardt. Again, the NRL will see them as a higher priority and they'll reap the benefits. The old Balmain fans who reside in SEQ get to see their team full-time, and a new generation of fans will get behind a venture that's actually competitive.

The 1st half when Mulitalo crosses the try line out wide and then is allowed unhindered to carry on and place the ball under the posts summed up this heartless pissweak side, after watching that I knew exactly where this game was headed in the 2nd half.

you would think his pisstake pass the ball to his mate move 2 minutes into the second half would have fired our guys up. Nope. Or at least it did until the bs no try then they went back to offering nothing