What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 24 vs Gold Coast @ Sunshine Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 24: Newcastle v Gold Coast

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 1-12

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Still Nutty

Juniors
Yeah, yeah, yeah ….subtlety isn’t lost on you lot. 🤨

Let’s just hope O’Brien spells it out to make sure even footballers can get the message that their defence is what will win this game😉

Rod

Bench
What do we think is the reasoning behind Randall? Is he going to spell Brailey with dare I say it, half an eye already on the finals?

Yosh

Coach
What do we think is the reasoning behind Randall? Is he going to spell Brailey with dare I say it, half an eye already on the finals?

Does seem weird since we already have Watson who can easily cover the hooker spot if something does happen during the game... Why not use Sasagi to offer us something different on the edge?

Jono078

Referee
Does seem weird since we already have Watson who can easily cover the hooker spot if something does happen during the game... Why not use Sasagi to offer us something different on the edge?
I think Randall is there because he covers Brailey and at worst you can use him as a middle defender, so relief for Watson as well.

But AOB's bench use has been one of his weaknesses for mine.

Old dog

Juniors
Brailey is carrying an injury, went of last week towards end as a precaution, assume he won’t be risked and Randall is cover meaning Brailey will likely be rested if we win this one or other results go our way.

Jono078

Referee
I've been saying the Titans will destroy us all week but I'm starting to have a good feeling about this game. False hope I'd say.

This will be all about containing their forwards and we're going to have to play some football to make metres. If we go into this game playing a 1-out power game I will not be impressed.

Yosh

Coach
Titans seem a gun counter attack in side and do some fantastic attacking even deep in their half. I hope we learn a thing of two.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Titans seem a gun counter attack in side and do some fantastic attacking even deep in their half. I hope we learn a thing of two.
Yeah every time we play them they seem to score a couple of length of the field tries because they’re willing to attack from their own red zone and usually we’re not switched on enough. But our kick chase and kick pressure has actually been really good over the last couple of months so I’m hoping that we can make it really hard for them to move the ball around.

I actually think we’ll turn up and play well tonight. It’s the home stretch and I think the team will have learned from the way our season finished last year.

Knights by 2 I reckon!

Knight Tales

Juniors
Really want to see us throw something in early that the Titans never see coming. Something which completely throws them off their game. If AOB can see our attack is not good enough, then he has nothing to lose by trying a more open attack mindset. Even if errors kill us i would be happy to see us openly attack them from every opportunity we get.

Burwood

Bench
Really want to see us throw something in early that the Titans never see coming. Something which completely throws them off their game. If AOB can see our attack is not good enough, then he has nothing to lose by trying a more open attack mindset. Even if errors kill us i would be happy to see us openly attack them from every opportunity we get.

Short kick off to Thompson- the guy's like 5 foot tall.

Latest posts