What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Canterbury @ Moreton Daily Stadium

Who will win? Round 25: Wests Tigers v Canterbury

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
I can’t stop thinking of the collision between Nofo and Cinni to sum things up ….we are officially at comedy level. There’s no level lower than that…I’m luckier than most of you in that I switched to watching from that angle half a season a go…looking forward to a new coach who can bring some talent in , squeeze out the talentless and let’s get back on track

Last edited:
It’s the only one I couldn’t find thank god
Anyway I think it’s all been said here
I wish there was something to say WA.

@Tigerm must be looking for a bridge to jump off, poor bloke.

Madge didn’t once acknowledge how us scum felt after another f**ked year. It was about him and the club doing the “right thing”

We’ve seen more than enough of him and the club doing the right thing.

Its becoming beyond frustrating, it’s getting to be delusional.

We just got smashed by players, many of whom, who had nothing to play for. One of the worst seasons in nrl history and they choked us to death …..effortlessly.

WA Tiger

Bench
I think they will all be hoping like me it means a new coach
Yea STP there’s no positive spin on that game to be found anywhere..

There is one other thing that keeps popping up in my mind from that article however good or bad a source it’s come from …Brooks on $850k a year f**k!!!

stryker

First Grade
The end of season internal review is going to be a beauty!
It’s being run by Pascoe and Hartigan.
Two useless muthaf**kers who have contributed to the failures here, will be judge jury and executioner in this “review”.
I have zero confidence that an internal review will result in anything other than Madge copping the arse. They’ll throw him under the bus then go on holidays ahead of an exciting 2022.
f**ken pieces of shit.

stryker

First Grade
There is one other thing that keeps popping up in my mind from that article however good or bad a source it’s come from …Brooks on $850k a year f**k!!!
This has been reported here before and certain posters (the shills) yelled the figures down as rubbish.
Brooks has stolen multiple millions off this club over the years.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Two useless muthaf**kers who have contributed to the failures here, will be judge jury and executioner in this “review”.
I have zero confidence that an internal review will result in anything other than Madge copping the arse. They’ll throw him under the bus then go on holidays ahead of an exciting 2022.
f**ken pieces of shit.
Sometimes I think your posts are super aggressive but all in all I can't disagree with you on this one.

The end of season internal review is going to be a beauty!
Lee is going to get a draft copy leaked to his office and he’s going to nobble it.

Then the suitcase is going to be switched on its way to the printer and a couple of hundred pages is going to go missing.

Then let the axe fall on the main culprits of the disaster 2021 as we expect

Season Review Major Findings:

retrenchments:

1. Physio and conditioning staff ( they are always the first)

2. Jill and Karen of the admin typing pool for selecting their sons and relatives over players selected by Madge on team lists.

3. The mascot who forgot it’s tail at one away game and couldn’t perform

4. Ball boys too slow.

Major Reason for problems:

5. Ivan Cleary

Conclusion:

Accordingly the board concludes that neither it, the coach or CEO has a case to answer for the overwhelming majority of the defeats this 2021 season which primarily arose from less than fortuitous circumstances as occasioned by parties beyond its sphere of influence.

We congratulate Coach Maguire for the 3 year extension on his contract signed 7 September 2021.

I commend this Report to the members a copy signed by the clubs auditors, Scrotus and Co of Leppington Heights.

Regards
Lee and Mates.
West Tigers High Commission and ladies crochet auxiliary.

Tigers1986

Juniors
I had work stuff to prepare so I moved into my study at halftime and listened to it. We were an absolute f**king embarrassment today. That's not doing the 'effort' justice. Lethargic. Lazy. They couldn't be bothered. They had motivation to build off the Penrith game and finish strong, but got absolutely pantsed by the basket case club that will absolutely be on the up next season.

People bagging Cini but the poor bloke hadn't played in 8 weeks due to the NSW Cup cancellation. That error on the bomb with he and Noffa was mod league bullshit.

I will say as poor as we were, that ref was a disgrace as well. Constant 6-agains, penalties, slow ruck, it was a farce. But, nobody from this club has the balls to blast the NRL and say what's what.

I also really feel for Madge because these arseholes are a disgrace to his coaching legacy. So many times this season they have not got up for a match. The two Warriors games, the Tommy game at Leichhardt, the Titans game, christ so many games this season. 33% win rate is disgusting. 10 years and counting out of the finals.

Where to next?

It seems some dead-weight is being cut - Joey, Chee Kam out the door. Mbye gone. Packer retired. Frees up cap space but who would want to come to this shit heap? Maybe Tariq Sims?

Need to cut - Tamou, Ofehengaue

We have a solid base with Laurie, Douehi, Simpkin, Madden, Stefano, Seyfarth, Garner. Brooks just gave up and I can't defend him anymore, especially seeing Josh Drinkwater killing it for Catalans in the Super League. I'd cut Tamou as well, he's absolutely stealing cash and a roster spot. Talau is so hot and cold. Roberts spent more time off the field than on. Noffa was disgraceful for most of the season - played like a beast for that contract extension last season and then faded off this year. Maybe our new signings can come in and add something to the team. I dunno.

Pascoe should review himself, overseeing this decade of complete and utter failure. f**k me. We won the NYC in 2012 and had that nursery on tap. Look at who we've lost due to incompetent roster management. Look at who won't touch us with a 10-foot pole.

Wests Tigers 2022 Wooden Spooners - get on it early.

I don’t want to dwell on our defence because we all know it’s soft, but that f##k##g game plan in attack , brought back memories of the Jason Taylor coaching days, 5 one out hit ups and a sh#t kick on the last, a team of seventy year old partially blind lawn bowlers ,crippled with arthritis could of defended that WT attack today.To think they have trained since pre season to show case that attack speaks volumes of the dire straits our roster is in.
Madge imo has to go, and he can take most of that team with him as far as I’m concerned.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
f**ken pieces of shit.

I've just read similar comment on twitter by a W/T. Surely to goodness the club get's someone in from outside (you know impartial) to do the review.

Anything less is a stitch up of the highest order, like an episode of 'on the buses'

Vic Mackey

Referee
Madden has been beyond ordinary.

I don’t rate Madden but his strength is his organizing and his kicking. He plays in a similar vain to Adam Reynolds. He isn’t a big runner or guy who sets up his outside men.

In the lower grades he’s played all his time on the left side of the field.

So we played him on the right and used him seemingly exclusively as a second man play option?

The use of him made no sense at all. I actually felt sorry for him

Shredder

Juniors
Madge wont get the arse. Im calling this now.

Last time I saw revenue figures for the club we made $350k. I saw somewhere to dust off Madge is going to cost $750k. Lee is a businessman first, he wont agree to spending 2 1/2 times revenue to arse a coach.

The old boys will say Sheens isnt here yet, lets see how Madge responds under him.

Me, personally I think we are between a rock and a hard place. Getting rid of Madge puts us on the coaching merrygoround again, which doesnt help entice players here. It puts this "rebuild" back another three years.

By my numbers he has close to $2mln to spend on players and three positions to fill. He will have virtually his own team completely next year.

Brooks is the last remaining long timer, he needs to go.

Do I think it will be better next year? No.

Madge wont get the arse. Im calling this now.

Last time I saw revenue figures for the club we made $350k. I saw somewhere to dust off Madge is going to cost $750k. Lee is a businessman first, he wont agree to spending 2 1/2 times revenue to arse a coach.

The old boys will say Sheens isnt here yet, lets see how Madge responds under him.

Me, personally I think we are between a rock and a hard place. Getting rid of Madge puts us on the coaching merrygoround again, which doesnt help entice players here. It puts this "rebuild" back another three years.

By my numbers he has close to $2mln to spend on players and three positions to fill. He will have virtually his own team completely next year.

Brooks is the last remaining long timer, he needs to go.

Do I think it will be better next year? No.
An interesting post with plenty of food for thought.

Can you explain this?
It was mentioned on the radio yesterday (abc grandstand) that we have an option to let him go after the 2021 season on a pay out and not his full entitlement as if he was coaching.

Comment was made just after the game was broadcast.

Hope you are Ok.

Latest posts