What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Canterbury @ Moreton Daily Stadium

Who will win? Round 25: Wests Tigers v Canterbury

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Das Hassler

Bench
I wish we could get Scott Prince coaching Brooks. ..i'd throw a first grade coach's salary at him for that to happen.

JB04

Juniors
That was a lovely debate guys lol
The Phantom is correct though.
Brooks MUST be moved on, for his sake and most certainly for ours. His inability to lead, provide adequate 5th tackle options, effectively defend and control a game is killing the momentum that the team occasionally musters.
Spot on. I've never doubted his effort and attitude - he just isn't very good. 8 years in first grade demonstrates that

Brooks MUST be moved on, for his sake and most certainly for ours. His inability to lead, provide adequate 5th tackle options, effectively defend and control a game is killing the momentum that the team occasionally musters.
Two and a half years and you finally agree with me.

I don’t want to stretch my luck, but surely you have found a small place in your heart for Doogie?!

Last edited:
I still can't believe what I saw yesterday. I woke up this morning thinking it was a bad dream but the pounding hangover and broken TV said otherwise.

We will get the spoon the next 3 years in a row no matter what happens......at least. Maybe we should invite Alan Jones back to coach, just to complete the embarrassment. He was there the last time the Tigers 'won' a spoon.

There is nothing to be done except sack everyone and burn everything down.

Tigers1986

Juniors
And to think:

Ivan was the problem, and he's now led Penrith to a minor premiership and 2nd place in 2 seasons.

Wait, no, it was Benji, who has helped Souths on their way to 3rd.

Sheens, Potter, Taylor, Cleary, Madge - can't just be the coaching. It's great to have the COE (should've been at Macarthur but that's another argument for another day) but we need the good cattle to come and make full use of it.

I said it yesterday - I'd go all in on Tariq Sims with a huge incentive deal to add some beef. Top up the bid for Thompson as well.

My ideal 17-ish for round 1 next season (assuming injuries heal in time and a signing made)

1. Laurie
2. Nofauluma
3. Gilbrandt
4. Douehi
5. Maumolo
6. Brooks
7. Hastings
8. Utoikamanu
9. Simpkin
10. Musgrove
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Garner
13. Sims
14. Simpkins
15. Seyfarth
16. Twal
17. Mikaele

Tiger05

First Grade

I don't know if he needs to be moved on but I can't see him holding down the 7 spot next season dependent on injuries.

Tiger05

First Grade
What nonsense that example is...you can't let Cleary off the hook for anything! Who gives a shit what he's done after getting parachuted into what Gould built....the damage he did WAS his fault ...that comment is as silly as anything the hacks could come up with.

Cleary was a disaster. I can't get over how bad he was. Taylor was terrible but he was in a difficult situation.

Tiger05

First Grade
I honestly feel if we had stayed the course with Potter we would be in a better position.

Maybe. I think Maquire is the best coach we've had since Shines and Shines did some stupid stuff. Potter was second best. Daylight next. I might even rate Taylor higher than Cleary.

I'm not that concerned longer term about the club right now but we need some quality signings to improve.

Shredder

Juniors
On paper Maguire is the best coach we ever had.

Im talking more from the process. Potter would be several years further along in the rebuild and we wouldnt have had the Cleary signing circus. Even if Potter was not the greatest coach, he would have put his systems in.

Also, from memory, we had the best recent defense under Potter.

Tiger05

First Grade
On paper Maguire is the best coach we ever had.

Im talking more from the process. Potter would be several years further along in the rebuild and we wouldnt have had the Cleary signing circus. Even if Potter was not the greatest coach, he would have put his systems in.

Also, from memory, we had the best recent defense under Potter.

I get this. Cleary killed this club.

I think we should keep Madge and review his position at the end of his tenure. I'd like to see us have an assistant coach ready to go.

The main thing to me though it not stuffing our cap.

Fordy20

Juniors
I honestly feel if we had stayed the course with Potter we would be in a better position.
Undoubtedly. But as @stryker pointed out the other day, the board thought it was more important to try and f**k Farah out of his entitlements, just like they tried and failed to do with Sheens.

Tigers1986

Juniors
What nonsense that example is...you can't let Cleary off the hook for anything! Who gives a shit what he's done after getting parachuted into what Gould built....the damage he did WAS his fault ...that comment is as silly as anything the hacks could come up with.

And who signed Cleary in the first place? WHo forced his hand to give the ultimatum to Teddy and co.?

Das Hassler

Bench
And who signed Cleary in the first place? WHo forced his hand to give the ultimatum to Teddy and co.?

No doubt Pascoe signed him but who protested his signing? Noone in the media and as far as i recall no one here...It was all in on "In Ivan we trust"....the same trust and commitment to the club he insisted on and shit on. ..who knew he would shaft us? ...not us or Pascoe....only Ivan and Dave O'Neil knew ...blame them
Oh...and i'm not defending pascoe or the board one bit. ..the "big 4" had the same now deregistered manager who forced their hand after messing the club around for nearly a year.

And to think:

Ivan was the problem, and he's now led Penrith to a minor premiership and 2nd place in 2 seasons.

Wait, no, it was Benji, who has helped Souths on their way to 3rd.

Sheens, Potter, Taylor, Cleary, Madge - can't just be the coaching. It's great to have the COE (should've been at Macarthur but that's another argument for another day) but we need the good cattle to come and make full use of it.

I said it yesterday - I'd go all in on Tariq Sims with a huge incentive deal to add some beef. Top up the bid for Thompson as well.

My ideal 17-ish for round 1 next season (assuming injuries heal in time and a signing made)

1. Laurie
2. Nofauluma
3. Gilbrandt
4. Douehi
5. Maumolo
6. Brooks
7. Hastings
8. Utoikamanu
9. Simpkin
10. Musgrove
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Garner
13. Sims
14. Simpkins
15. Seyfarth
16. Twal
17. Mikaele
Hastings to replace Brooksy.

Pezz70

Juniors
No doubt Pascoe signed him but who protested his signing? Noone in the media and as far as i recall no one here...It was all in on "In Ivan we trust"....the same trust and commitment to the club he insisted on and shit on. ..who knew he would shaft us? ...not us or Pascoe....only Ivan and Dave O'Neil knew ...blame them
Oh...and i'm not defending pascoe or the board one bit. ..the "big 4" had the same now deregistered manager who forced their hand after messing the club around for nearly a year.
There was nothing particularly wrong with the Cleary signing, if he’d have stayed we’d probably have made the 8 at some point. Don’t know if anyone’s crystal ball was clear-y enough to see what would transpire and how quickly it went to poo

Tiger05

First Grade
There was nothing particularly wrong with the Cleary signing, if he’d have stayed we’d probably have made the 8 at some point. Don’t know if anyone’s crystal ball was clear-y enough to see what would transpire and how quickly it went to poo

Cleary presents really well and he did get us playing at least to our ability.

Latest posts